Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: Gmade BOM body and cage on a TRX-4 ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2021, 11:15 AM   #1

Default Gmade BOM body and cage on a TRX-4 ?

Hello there,

I’m thinking about getting a second trail-truck (my first one is a TRX-4 Defender with a few upgrades).
I've done my research, and will probably end up buying another TRX-4 with 2-speed and lockable diffs.

I'm considering different types of bodies.
One that I've liked since day one is the Gmade BOM, with the back cage.
The Gmade BOM has a cantilever-setup in the rear, but I think I read somewhere that you can use a classic spring setup in the rear of the BOM (the shock hoops are included on the parts tree of the new GS02F BOM TC kit).

The manual only show the cantilever-setup, I've seen threads showing the V-setup of the shocks, not the classic setup with hoops.

Has anyone tried the BOM body and cage on a TRX-4 (I've searched the interweb but couldn't find much) ?
Would the rear-cage of the BOM interfere with the stock rear shock-setup of the TRX-4 ?
Would the wheelbase make a difference (12.3 vs 12.8 ) ?

I posted this question a few weeks ago in the Gmade-section, but got no response.
Maybe someone in this section can help me out ?
Omsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2021, 04:54 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Gmade BOM body and cage on a TRX-4 ?

Can't answer you on the fit of the cage, but the wheelbase is 12.3" on all of the TRX-4 chassis versions other than the Defender and the Tactical.

Only the latter two are the longer 12.8" size.

There are Chassis Conversion Kits from Traxxas to either lengthen or shorten either way, as well.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 01:31 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I took the body/cage off of my BOM and gave it a look see on my TRX4 Sport and noticed a couple of things immediately. First, the stock TRX4 battery tray will not work. It sits way too high and too far back and interferes with the cage. Second, the TRX4 rear shock hoops also interfere with the cage and the cage will not clear them. Most bodies with a rear cage work best on a chassis where all of the electronics, battery, trans, etc are mounted on the forward half of the chassis. This being said, I’m sure it could be done, but would require a fair amount of creativity, relocating of components, along with a good degree of cutting and Dremelling.
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 04:14 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Dork View Post
I took the body/cage off of my BOM and gave it a look see on my TRX4 Sport and noticed a couple of things immediately. First, the stock TRX4 battery tray will not work. It sits way too high and too far back and interferes with the cage. Second, the TRX4 rear shock hoops also interfere with the cage and the cage will not clear them. Most bodies with a rear cage work best on a chassis where all of the electronics, battery, trans, etc are mounted on the forward half of the chassis. This being said, I’m sure it could be done, but would require a fair amount of creativity, relocating of components, along with a good degree of cutting and Dremelling.

Thank you sir !

I guess I wil go another route.
Omsk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bomb, trx-4

Gmade BOM body and cage on a TRX-4 ? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BOM body and cage fitment on TRX-4 ? Omsk G-Made Crawlers 0 03-13-2021 11:21 PM
GMADE BOM Cage with Honcho Body? rcdriftmasterj Paint and Body 1 01-18-2019 09:51 PM
NEW Gmade BOM Accessories! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 11-01-2018 11:13 AM