Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: The Rejected Ronin Project... or what to do with an unwanted G500 body

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2021, 06:45 PM   #61
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: The Rejected Ronin Project... or what to do with an unwanted G500 body

Well, after running several batteries with these weights, it seems that the foams are suffering. Especially the front ones

They are the stock ones, so probably not the best quality, so I'll have to see my options there. I think I'll remove 2 of the weights, to see how it goes.
xagoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2021, 09:10 PM   #62
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: The Rejected Ronin Project... or what to do with an unwanted G500 body

Great scenery..looks like a great place to crawl..

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Double vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 04:54 AM   #63
Quarry Creeper

Yeah, it's a canyon nearby. Unfortunately we don't have these large granite formations over here. It's mostly small rocks mixed with soil, but it's still lots of fun and challenging to go through some of these canyons.
Old 01-19-2022, 03:41 PM   #64
Quarry Creeper

I took the wheels apart and got rid of those ridiculous foams. I don't have any proper 2.2 foams at the moment, so had to go with the tried and tested hair donuts once again 😂

They hold the weight pretty good actually.

While at it I decided to have a go at some video editing. It's my first ever attempt, so be gentle

Old 03-25-2022, 06:47 PM   #65
Quarry Creeper

The custom roll bar I made served well, but it was on the heavy side and caused more problems than it solved. I tried to keep it simple and lightweight but still came out at over 130gr

I had ordered the RC4WD Marlin Crawler roll bar for Mojave a while ago, and finally got the chance to install it. It's only 40gr so it should be an improvement CG wise.

It's a bit shorter than the required height, so I added some spacers.

Looks pretty good on the Ronin. Tomorrow I'll probably take it to a nearby crawling area to check if it affected the CG at all, and get some proper pictures too.

Old 04-03-2022, 02:42 AM   #66
Quarry Creeper

Took it out today, to a nearby gorge and got some photos with the roll bar installed. Looks right at home on the truck.

Old 04-04-2022, 03:41 PM   #67
Quarry Creeper

Got some footage of the gorge ride. Definitely needs new tires. I'm thinking to change the 2.2 beadlocks with some 1.9s and go for some more aggresive lungs.

Old 04-09-2022, 05:36 AM   #68
Quarry Creeper

I fitted the Proline Trencher G8 tires on the Ronin and took it down the rocky beach to see how they perform. Managed to pull some lines that was struggling with the old tires.

This has to be the best set of tires I've tried so far. They can find grip in almost every terrain I've thrown at them.

Old 04-10-2022, 02:08 PM   #69
Quarry Creeper

Got a bit artistic yesterday and decided to do some piant work on the scale items of the truck bed. Used a mix of paints. Spray and acrylic colors mostly. Not super scale, but definitely better looking than before 😄

Old 04-10-2022, 06:37 PM   #70
I wanna be Dave

Nice detail work! Especially on making the shovel and axe look used with the silver...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 12:07 AM   #71
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Nice detail work! Especially on making the shovel and axe look used with the silver...

Thanks durok! Now I'm thinking, I should add some chopped woods on the bed as well
Old 04-17-2022, 03:58 AM   #72
Quarry Creeper

Took it down a local gorge with some moxed terrain. River rocks and thin sand. The Trenchers did well. Might change the shock oil to something lighter.

Old 05-18-2022, 02:35 PM   #73
Quarry Creeper

Finally got something I wanted for some time now, but couldn't find anything that i liked both the looks and the price. Black coating brass Diff covers.

Got them from Injora for $21/pair. I'll use just one in the front on this rig. The other one will go to the Excelsior! rig.

They are advertised at 59gr each, but found them a bit heavier, at 65gr, which is a good thing when you buy brass 😂

Machinery is good and they fit without issues in the stock axles.

Old 05-27-2022, 03:35 PM   #74
Quarry Creeper

Couldn't find the JConcepts Ruptures tires available at reasonable prices, so went for the alternative. Injora 1.9" 122*48mm Super Large Rubber Wheel Tires for 1/10 RC, as they have them listed 😂

Basically an exact replica of the Ruptures.

Very soft compound.

Also got their Dual stage foams to try and some new beadlocks to mount them to

Everything went together like they were supposed to. No issues

They look pretty good on the Ronin. Slightly larger tires than the Proline Trenchers, but no rubbing at all.

I gave them a run down the beach test course. They seem to grab the surface nicely. Once the foam brakes in, I think they will get even better. I'll upload a video of the run later on.
Old 05-27-2022, 04:50 PM   #75
Quarry Creeper

Old 12-24-2022, 04:53 AM   #76
Quarry Creeper

Merry Christmas!! 🛻😀👍

Old 12-24-2022, 07:06 AM   #77
Rock Stacker

Lol - Merry christmas to you too xagoras
SleptOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 06:07 PM   #78
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleptOver View Post
Lol - Merry christmas to you too xagoras

Ooops, somehow missed that one. Although a bit delayed, thanks mate, Happy new year!
Old 01-02-2023, 06:18 AM   #79
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by xagoras View Post
Ooops, somehow missed that one. Although a bit delayed, thanks mate, Happy new year!

Happy new years to you too buddy
SleptOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 03:42 PM   #80
Quarry Creeper

Couldn't miss the chance to take it to a local under construction park and try out those pipe ditches

The Rejected Ronin Project... or what to do with an unwanted G500 body - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Wild Lady..... Mercedes G500 Project xagoras Traxxas TRX-4 56 04-28-2023 05:18 PM
Need a measurement from G500 Benz body Mud Daog Traxxas TRX-4 5 11-15-2019 07:35 PM
Life sucks, i got rejected by the hottest girl in school. shadowrejects Chit Chat 84 09-28-2009 06:30 PM