Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: RCBee's TRX4 Ford Bronco RTR (Rebuild to Capable Rig)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2021, 03:36 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: RCBee's TRX4 Ford Bronco RTR (Rebuild to Capable Rig)

Woah, is there anything on there that hasn't been modded?

Looking good, and I agree on the gold wheels. I think they compliment the body.
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2021, 04:02 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
Woah, is there anything on there that hasn't been modded?

Looking good, and I agree on the gold wheels. I think they compliment the body.
ALOHA! SCALE! its got some cool parts on it but most I already had left over from a couple previous builds and once you get a Reefs 777 you can't go back to esc powered servos and Bec's etc.... and this rig is pretty light under 5 lbs and hopefully I can take this out soon BUZZZZ......
Honeyman108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 04:28 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Here are some goodies I need to install to make this rig perform for me at a capable level!!! Servo is going on horizontal, I can't believe how much travel and torque is wasted with the servo vertical so that's going to change today and the Lunsford titanium steering links and gonna get this wiring tied in and see if I can get this rig out soon for some FUN...... BUZZZZZZZ......
Attached Images

Old 05-07-2021, 05:05 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

That RC4WD steering stabilizer looks really scale. Probably a dumb question, but does it help with anything or is it just solely for looks?
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 06:34 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
That RC4WD steering stabilizer looks really scale. Probably a dumb question, but does it help with anything or is it just solely for looks?
No its the real deal I guess a couple years back it was just simple adjustable bar no sticker but its adjustability makes the whole panhard bar and mount situation solid and stronger steering! I also shortened it a little more than stock and the shocks and front axle are dead center and they have several sizes for different applications.... BUZZZZ.......
Old 05-12-2021, 06:40 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

Got the servo were I want it im getting all the steering radius I need which is basically as far as the knuckle goes!!! Have to tie up the electronics and a couple other loose ends and get her on the real rocks.... BUZZZZZ.....
Attached Images

Old 05-12-2021, 07:17 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

This Bronco originally was going to be a four wheel steer and it still is im waiting for a couple parts to match the front axle but I have most of the parts and am getting the rig to run and perform with the rear axle then swap it out for this one and hopefully ill get some cash and be able to put a Reefs servo in the back of this one but for now I got this old eco power that still works and is quiet believe it or not.... also the Servo on Axle mount is from Shapeways really nice parts there.... BUZZZZZ....
Attached Images

Old 05-14-2021, 06:01 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

BUZZZ BUZZZ..... Crawlers.... Waiting on some parts to get the rear axle swapped out and have rear steering.... I got the electronics cleaned up and the end point adjustments all worked out and I switched the pinion gear from a 12 tooth to a 11 tooth for some slower crawling...... Lets hope the weather stays nice for some adventures..... BUZZZZ.......
Attached Images

Old 05-16-2021, 02:34 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

Today in preparation for a rear axle change im installing a Shapeways battery tray and som hot racing link bars to eliminate the rear brace so the servo on axle can travel freely with the suspension and ill post the end product a little later.... BUZZZ......
Attached Images

Old 05-16-2021, 09:59 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

Got the link posts installed and removed the LCG battery tray and the rear chassis brace also added a wire router on the chassis..... I really like this battery tray it fits real nice and strong made a little zip tie battery clamp it’s looking pretty good and test it out tomorrow........ BUZZZZZ.......
Attached Images

Last edited by Honeyman108; 05-17-2021 at 12:16 PM.
Old 05-17-2021, 12:26 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

Got this Bronco build nice and clean the other changes will be the bumpers will come off when crawling and I have (x2) ST Racing Concepts Traxxas TRX-4 Aluminum Rear Bumper Eliminating Braces and when I get the parts in the mail ill swap the rear axle for a replica of the frontal but Servo on Axle for 4 Wheel Steering and should have that by next week if I get the parts but for now im going to break in this Rig.... BUZZZZZ......
Attached Images

Last edited by Honeyman108; 05-17-2021 at 12:28 PM.
Old 05-17-2021, 01:12 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

Here are the Bumper Braces and a Hot Racing Rear bumper mount with some balls so I have some options!!!..... BUZZZZZZ.....
Attached Images

Old 05-17-2021, 05:31 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

gonna go crawl it for a bit put the balls on even though I know ill get my balls stuck to the rocks...... bUZZZZZZZ......
Attached Images

Old 05-17-2021, 06:21 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

OK so I gave her a thorough test at the backyard rocks which gives me a good idea what's what before I go out to seriously crawl so the tell of the Hive is first of all the balls didn't get stuck so that was good and they probably will get stuck on real rocks.... the steering needs some minor endpoint adjustments.... the suspension feels good but the IN the Works RC mini lost spring kit came with one cap printed pretty off so the rear left shock sags a bit but It did not seem to affect performance im going to change the shocks..... I Never really liked the TRX4 Canyon tires they look good but perform sub par next to swampers hyraxes and beasts that im used to so the tires will change and im also used to a metal spur so ill swap the plastic one out and finally I need to do something about the front bumper I may need to get a small comp one for crawling as the front and rear Hot Racing Bronco bumpers are beautiful but get in the way of the performance they are bee suited on the Bronco when it rests on the shelve.... BUZZZZZ......
Attached Images

Old 05-17-2021, 07:48 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

Default RCBee's TRX4 Ford Bronco RTR (Rebuild to Capable Rig)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeyman108 View Post
OK so I gave her a thorough test at the backyard rocks which gives me a good idea what's what before I go out to seriously crawl so the tell of the Hive is first of all the balls didn't get stuck so that was good and they probably will get stuck on real rocks.... the steering needs some minor endpoint adjustments.... the suspension feels good but the IN the Works RC mini lost spring kit came with one cap printed pretty off so the rear left shock sags a bit but It did not seem to affect performance im going to change the shocks..... I Never really liked the TRX4 Canyon tires they look good but perform sub par next to swampers hyraxes and beasts that im used to so the tires will change and im also used to a metal spur so ill swap the plastic one out and finally I need to do something about the front bumper I may need to get a small comp one for crawling as the front and rear Hot Racing Bronco bumpers are beautiful but get in the way of the performance they are bee suited on the Bronco when it rests on the shelve.... BUZZZZZ......

Looks good!

Before you totally write off the CTs I would cut them.

Dremel the lugs and cut the little nub off the center lugs on both sides. The other side is on my to do list.

Mine absolutely do not hold me back on my granite compared to Predator Hyraxes and Landmines. And this is still stock rims and foams, glued on.

I had the HR metal 45t spur and 9t pinion. That’s a loud combo. Switching back to stock traxxas 45t spur quieted the gear whine quite a bit. Although between the Mamba X/PP and the SVH500v3 servo, it’s loud anyways.

Have you noticed an improvement using the Losi mini T spring setup? I am curious about that.

Keep it up!
Benp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 08:40 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benp View Post
Looks good!

Before you totally write off the CTs I would cut them.

Dremel the lugs and cut the little nub off the center lugs on both sides. The other side is on my to do list.

Mine absolutely do not hold me back on my granite compared to Predator Hyraxes and Landmines. And this is still stock rims and foams, glued on.

I had the HR metal 45t spur and 9t pinion. That’s a loud combo. Switching back to stock traxxas 45t spur quieted the gear whine quite a bit. Although between the Mamba X/PP and the SVH500v3 servo, it’s loud anyways.

Have you noticed an improvement using the Losi mini T spring setup? I am curious about that.

Keep it up!
Hey BENP.... hey man I really like the mini losi springs conversion except one of the caps came printed wrong and sags a little more than the other but other than that they’re really pretty cool they do a great job but im goin to switch this rig back to hot racing 90mm scale shocks I hav that still have some life left in them and as far as the tires I’m probably just gonna take them off use them as I do for propping up RC’s or projects And put a quad of super swampers that I have on the nice gear head wheels.... i’m also going to put back that steel spur really like how it works on the TRX four I didn’t feel it was super loud maybe it’s the Robinson racing pinion gear I’m using an 11t 32p right now and I’ll keep Posted on the four wheel steer axle that I’m installing this week as soon as I get two parts in the mail..... BUzzZZZ.......
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2021, 08:35 AM   #37
Rock Crawler

Hey BENP I was working on the rig last night and was able fix the cup on the losi spring kit and all four shocks are equal and balanced so they will stay on the bronco and they work really well and im going to add a gearhead comp shock lift kit to give the suspension a little more travel and a little droop and change the Spur gear to Hot Racing steel gear for my preference and im looking for a front steel comp bumper to put on the bronco for actually performance crawling as the 2 hot racing bumpers are great but get in the way of the tires and will see what I can find and lastly im going to install these Proline G8's and see what all the fuss is about......
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2021, 09:13 AM   #38
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeyman108 View Post
Hey BENP I was working on the rig last night and was able fix the cup on the losi spring kit and all four shocks are equal and balanced so they will stay on the bronco and they work really well and im going to add a gearhead comp shock lift kit to give the suspension a little more travel and a little droop and change the Spur gear to Hot Racing steel gear for my preference and im looking for a front steel comp bumper to put on the bronco for actually performance crawling as the 2 hot racing bumpers are great but get in the way of the tires and will see what I can find and lastly im going to install these Proline G8's and see what all the fuss is about......

Nice!

I’m curious about the G8s myself.

The majority of my rocks are slick to the touch, I’m wondering how the g8 compound would do
Benp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 09:22 AM   #39
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benp View Post
Nice!

I’m curious about the G8s myself.

The majority of my rocks are slick to the touch, I’m wondering how the g8 compound would do
Ill keep you posted BUZZZZZ.......
Old 05-20-2021, 03:11 PM   #40
Rock Crawler

Got the Proline Trencher G8's on and to bee honest they look really nice and all the buzz have read im looking forward to putting them to the test and they look like they can perform... BUZZZZZZ......
Attached Images

RCBee's TRX4 Ford Bronco RTR (Rebuild to Capable Rig) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRX4 Ford Bronco tire fitment help? Derka Traxxas TRX-4 5 06-29-2020 03:54 AM
Traxxas TRX4 Bronco and Vaterra Ascender Ford F100 in Deep Snow and River Volgan Scale Videos! 0 01-18-2019 11:56 AM