Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: RCBee's TRX4 Ford Bronco RTR (Rebuild to Capable Rig)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2021, 08:14 AM   #41
Rock Crawler

Default Re: RCBee's TRX4 Ford Bronco RTR (Rebuild to Capable Rig)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeyman108 View Post
Got the Proline Trencher G8's on and to bee honest they look really nice and all the buzz have read im looking forward to putting them to the test and they look like they can perform... BUZZZZZZ......

Oh man. I like the looks of those!

Sidewall is awesome!
Benp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2021, 08:44 AM   #42
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benp View Post
Oh man. I like the looks of those!

Sidewall is awesome!
Hey BENP you know when I got them from RPP Hobby I called them a told them these don't look right they looked flat and weak but as soon as I installed them on the wheels they came to life an with the stock foams in them they hold the weight of the truck with almost no sag!!! But the rig is pretty light under 5 lbs.... Im going to test them today and see if I can get a video to put up! BUZZZZZZ.......
Honeyman108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 03:56 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

Got some goodies in the mail today for the Bronco I got a Hot Racing front bumper with skid which I might Dremel short for more clearance in the near future and put the ST Racing Concepts Traxxas TRX-4 Aluminum Rear Bumper Eliminating Braces and it should perform better lets see!!!!
Attached Images

Old 05-21-2021, 04:05 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

A little quick programming of the Hobbywing 1080 and to the rocks this weekend . BUZZZZZZZ.........
Attached Images

Old 05-21-2021, 07:35 PM   #45
Rock Crawler

got a little test run on the backyard rocks and the Trencher G8's pass the test they really grip the rocks and roll smoothly over them..... Now time for some real rocks this weekend.... BUUZZZZZ.....
Attached Images

Old 05-22-2021, 12:38 PM   #46
Rock Crawler

Was a little disappointed in the hot racing bumper as it sat too low and I had to switch it up and reverse the front bumper mount and now I have about 80% clearance on the tires at full flex..... BUZZZZZZ.......
Attached Images

Old 05-23-2021, 09:16 AM   #47
Rock Crawler

Out to the rocks for some real action to test these babies and get 2 videos of each at 2 awesome spots at Percy Warner Park in Nashville TN...... the Honey Bronconator is a little light may need a little weight but she is rocking with the suspension and tires and the tell of the hive will tell ASAP...... BUZZZZZZ. BACK. SOOOON.......
Attached Images

Old 05-23-2021, 03:16 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

Got a good run at the Park with the Bronconator She was light and moved well!!! Tale of The Hive says it needs some Weight on the axles also I need to install 10 tooth pinion and steel spur im for some slower crawling and maybe if im going to use the Bronco body a rear bumper to slide of rocks would be helpfull.

But the Rig scored an A for capability smoothness and great suspension handling and the electronics even it being pretty hot stayed cool enough to leave a finger on the motor servo or esc im really impressed just a couple of adjustments and then hopefully the parts for the rear steer axle should be here and I can do a video with that mod.... BUUUUUZZZZZ.....
Old 05-23-2021, 03:27 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

Some Pics BUZZZZZZ.........
Attached Images

Old 05-24-2021, 07:37 AM   #50
Rock Crawler

Looks great!!

I am wanting to do a 4 wheel steer on my TRX. If you have any front axle parts you want to get rid of let me know.
MOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 10:54 AM   #51
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOguy View Post
Looks great!!

I am wanting to do a 4 wheel steer on my TRX. If you have any front axle parts you want to get rid of let me know.
Hey MO ill let you know what I got left over after these 2 builds..... BUZZZZZZ.......
Old 05-24-2021, 11:45 AM   #52
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Hey MO ill let you know what I got left over after these 2 builds..... BUZZZZZZ.......
Thanks
Old 05-29-2021, 10:36 AM   #53
Rock Crawler

BUZZZZZ.
Finally I have all the parts to build the front steering axle for the rear axle all wheel steering. I was waiting for some link parts to be able to fit the rod ends to the axle servo mount!! Now since I changed the Reefs 777 from my main TRX4 rig I decided I would keep the front and rear servos identical so there is a 777 in th front and back so I had to make sure I got a metal ASM to handle the 777 torque but in my experience with 4WS if you have 2 different servos the front and rear will not bee completely congruent so here we are.

The parts list on the axle ASM are Shapeways 1Tenth servo axle mount for strength and the RC4WD Rod ends and 8 mm Grub screws to make the fittings perfect and im going to add the RC4WD Rancho steering stabilizers front and rear instead of panhard bars and these rod ends should help the flex stay pretty much the same on the axles...... a lot going on cant wait.....
BUZZZZZZZ......
Attached Images

Last edited by Honeyman108; 05-29-2021 at 04:34 PM.
Old 06-03-2021, 07:47 PM   #54

Those Rancho stabilizers are just bars right? Not like a 1:1 stabilizer being a oil filled damper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DPesonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 07:55 PM   #55
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPesonen View Post
Those Rancho stabilizers are just bars right? Not like a 1:1 stabilizer being a oil filled damper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BUZZZ... DP... Yes they are a solid bar that is adjustable and I’m adding offset Traxxas #8278 rod ends and they work well as pan hard bars.
Old 06-04-2021, 01:55 PM   #56
Rock Crawler

Quote:
BUZZZZZ.
Finally I have all the parts to build the front steering axle for the rear axle all wheel steering. I was waiting for some link parts to be able to fit the rod ends to the axle servo mount!! Now since I changed the Reefs 777 from my main TRX4 rig I decided I would keep the front and rear servos identical so there is a 777 in th front and back so I had to make sure I got a metal ASM to handle the 777 torque but in my experience with 4WS if you have 2 different servos the front and rear will not bee completely congruent so here we are.

The parts list on the axle ASM are Shapeways 1Tenth servo axle mount for strength and the RC4WD Rod ends and 8 mm Grub screws to make the fittings perfect and im going to add the RC4WD Rancho steering stabilizers front and rear instead of panhard bars and these rod ends should help the flex stay pretty much the same on the axles...... a lot going on cant wait.....
BUZZZZZZZ......

I really like that servo mount.

Can’t wait to see this in action
Benp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 04:11 PM   #57
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benp View Post
I really like that servo mount.

Can’t wait to see this in action
Hey BENP good hearing from you . Me tooo but life is crazy right now and im trying to find time to get that other front axle ready for some fun... Thanks for checking in and stay in touch!!! Ill send you my contact info via privet message and we can commiserate on RC Rigs if you like!!!! BUZZZZZZ.......
Old 07-26-2021, 11:38 AM   #58
Rock Crawler

BUZZZZZ Crawlers BEEN a while since posting and building but back to it and finally am moving on these builds and modifications on this Rig especially and I Have decided to name her Bronconator Rex she will be low to the ground
powerful and hungry let see if that turns out as fact!!! BUZZZZ....

Got the rear Axle fully built with servo and beveled traxxas gears and Yeah Racing portal gears and that is left is to attach the rear upper link and then I can mount on the body and test the rear steering! BUZZZZZZ......
Attached Images

Old 07-26-2021, 12:24 PM   #59
Rock Crawler

Quote:
BUZZZZZ.

BUZZZZZZZ......
I run two different servos on mine but they are set up to operate independently.
Old 07-26-2021, 01:15 PM   #60
Rock Crawler

Hey MO how do you run them independently the servos??

RCBee's TRX4 Ford Bronco RTR (Rebuild to Capable Rig) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRX4 Ford Bronco tire fitment help? Derka Traxxas TRX-4 5 06-29-2020 03:54 AM
Traxxas TRX4 Bronco and Vaterra Ascender Ford F100 in Deep Snow and River Volgan Scale Videos! 0 01-18-2019 11:56 AM