Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: RCBee's TRX4 Ford Bronco RTR (Rebuild to Capable Rig)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2021, 09:19 AM   #81
Rock Crawler

Default Re: RCBee's TRX4 Ford Bronco RTR (Rebuild to Capable Rig)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeyman108 View Post
Got It Benp! I just ordered a couple from Holmes hobbies Thanks for the reminder on this BUZZZZZ.........

Good deal!

The nice thing for those of us that aren’t soldering savvy is that there are adapters like this available.

Yeah, it adds a little to the wiring mess but the job gets done.
Benp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2021, 02:57 PM   #82
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benp View Post
Good deal!

The nice thing for those of us that aren’t soldering savvy is that there are adapters like this available.

Truthfully its less wires just a little more sensitive pulling the battery on and off so going to reinforce with shrink tube.... BUZZZZZZ........
Honeyman108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 06:04 PM   #83
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benp View Post
Good deal!

Hey BENP I spoke with Tom at 3Brothers RC where I got all the jst to balance port plugs because I did a little research and there should be no worry with those cables it was something Holmes hobbies warns against but its mainly because people don't plug it in first and don't plug off last and forget to disconnect so I have not had a problem with them but I gonna see how these direct plugs work for the moment!! Funny I had soldered a couple of connectors like these on xt60 plugs years back because nobody made them... BUZZZZZZ.........
Attached Images

Old 08-07-2021, 07:05 PM   #84
Rock Crawler

BUZZZZZ...... Working on the Bronconator tonight swapping the shocks from TRX4 stock shocks with Losi spring mod to Bigbore losi spring shocks and getting the steering rods perfect to take her out to the real rocks and see what needs to addressed but right now she did well on the test runs and in the video I showed the rear steering with full range 90% or so but normally run my rear steer between 30% and 50% and then I get overall better steering but not too much.... BUZZZZ BACK SOON,,,,,,,,
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2021, 01:51 PM   #85
Rock Crawler

Got the shocks swapped out and she's ready to go until the next episode breakdown remix BUZZZZZZ.........
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2021, 07:57 PM   #86
Rock Crawler

Gonna hit the rocks tomorrow and the trail the Bronconator has passed all the tests in the backyard crawler course and is really becoming a very capable rig and will be fun hiking tomorrow and doing some trailing using hi gear and some scaling in low gear and im really having a lot of fun again with this TRX4 in my arsenal of BuzzCrawlers........ bUZZZZ.....
Attached Images

Last edited by Honeyman108; 09-11-2021 at 08:16 PM.
Old 02-12-2022, 06:04 PM   #87
Rock Crawler

Well i had to start selling a good chunk of my rc hobby room as our new house wont bee happening anytime soon and thats life! So im still glad to have a bunch of rigs and rc stuff and projects as we will bee traveling a lot and the rig will come most of the time so plenty of adventures to bee had!

Finally back on the bench today getting the bronco ready for spring!

Working on the axles specifically the steel portal drive stub axles the ones i installed were very long due to the ez loc rims i was using were really shallow and stub axle was almost half an inch protruding out with the wheel nut see pictures and the front wheels were wobbling as the wheel nut could not hit the end snug! Switching out thhose stubs for some shorter ones should do the trick!

Got the new wertymade bumper in the front and switched to gearhead ez-lock delrin wheels and hyrax tires 1.9 and also going to switch the links to high clearance links and pass the beeftubes links on!

Lastly swapping the motor from the holmes custom pro 540 to a holmes crawlmaster pro 550 i have laying around as a spare and see if i can satisfy my rc power hunger daily requirements...
Buzzzzz..... Buzzzzz.
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2022, 06:23 PM   #88
Rock Crawler

Slowly getting this girl ready for spring! Links done... Buzzz.....
Attached Images

Old 03-12-2022, 02:37 PM   #89
Rock Crawler

Finally getting th the bronco put together with new titanium links and driveshafts and I reworked the axles changed the stubs and greased them with Cow Budder and the axles are smooth! of course went to get the 1080 esc calibrated and it was fried I noticed a piece of the wire going to the esc was cracked almost fully broken and exposed so thankfully I had a second on hand so hjust trying to get the bronco ready to run this coming week when it warms up! Hope everybody is BUZZZZING......
Attached Images

Old 03-12-2022, 06:51 PM   #90
Rock Crawler

Got the axles in and the new 1080 installed and programmed and cleaned up the electronics so she's ready for a couple months of fun I was trying to lean her down and I got her down to 7.8 lbs minus Body and 9 bs with body.... BUZZZZZ.....
Attached Images

Old 03-14-2022, 09:25 AM   #91
Rock Crawler

Soldered up the New Holmes CrawlMaster 550 can and installed it and runs quiet and smooth! lets see if I like it more than the Custom Pro which has been a great motor giving me 0 problems! So we will see. what the pro does the rocks... BUZZZZ.....
Attached Images

Old 03-14-2022, 05:59 PM   #92
Rock Crawler

Now that I was getting this Rig ready for spring I went ahead and greased up the transmission and cleaned everything and took her to the backyard rocks to see what's up and she did ok the rocks were too silky for the hyrax tires and I needed to switch the polarity on my motor to get full power on acceleration so we will try again tomorrow! BUZZ BUZZ......
Attached Images

Old 03-15-2022, 07:42 PM   #93
Rock Crawler

Buzz Crawlers.... Well today on the Honey bench I switched the Motor back to the Holmes Custom Pro 20t the wheel speed on the Crawlmaster 12t was too much! SO the saying is right don't know what you got till its gone so thankfully in this case, its back

I also modded the front body mounts so I could use these really cool 3mm Exotek thumb screws to hold the front part of the bod instead of clips and it looks pretty Rad and holds the body firm on the chassis no rattling...

&

Lastly I switched the stock foams on the Hyrax tires to a firmer Proline 1.9 single stage cell foams, and the truck looks nice and articulates pretty good so lets see how she actually does on the rocks tomorrow if weather permits!....
BUZZZZZ....
Attached Images

Old 03-16-2022, 01:07 PM   #94
Rock Crawler

Rained out today no BUZZZING NO CRAWLING another bench day while I have the luxury.... BUZZZZZ.....
Attached Images

Old 03-17-2022, 12:33 PM   #95
Rock Crawler

Ok so weather is permitting so we are going to get another test run on the Bronco!
Attached Images

Old 03-17-2022, 09:00 PM   #96
Rock Crawler

The Bronconator Did great today on the rocks even though slippery the change in foams made it a much better run!

BUZZZZ......
Attached Images

Old 09-08-2022, 09:42 PM   #97
Rock Crawler

Aloha and Finally out with my Bronco for a quick run before I start overhauling with some new parts! Shocks / Sliders / Single Diff lock servo mount and New Black body and also a tourque master mini esc and New Holmes Magnum motor... But she did just fine on the rocks and had a lot of fun

BUZZZZ.... BUZZZZ......
Attached Images

RCBee's TRX4 Ford Bronco RTR (Rebuild to Capable Rig) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRX4 Ford Bronco tire fitment help? Derka Traxxas TRX-4 5 06-29-2020 03:54 AM
Traxxas TRX4 Bronco and Vaterra Ascender Ford F100 in Deep Snow and River Volgan Scale Videos! 0 01-18-2019 11:56 AM