RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Traxxas TRX-4 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/traxxas-trx-4/)
-   -   Traxxas Method wheels rubbing on outer portals (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/traxxas-trx-4/627836-traxxas-method-wheels-rubbing-outer-portals.html)

Inspector86 01-18-2022 10:30 PM

Re: Traxxas Method wheels rubbing on outer portals

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanCityCrawler (Post 6105159)
Extending the axles that far would make the truck look ridiculous. Traxxas needs to design a better wheel. I am not interested in spending more when I already spent so much on these wheels. Traxxas parts, designed by Traxxas, should fit easily to Traxxas vehicles they are designed to fit on.

I should not be spending more to make up for what is a poor design.

I don't disagree but the Traxxas wheels are not what I would consider top of the line by any stretch of the imagination.

VanCityCrawler 01-19-2022 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector86 (Post 6105276)
I don't disagree but the Traxxas wheels are not what I would consider top of the line by any stretch of the imagination.

I am realizing that there are other options that will provide better results.

I would like a light wheelset and a heavier wheelset. I have four Proline Impulse wheels coming in with Hyrax G8 tires pre-installed. I also have a set of genetic aluminium beadlock wheels from Injora. They seem ok, but I need narrower wheel spacers for them.

ferp420 01-19-2022 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanCityCrawler (Post 6105233)
You contradicted yourself in your reply. You first accuse me of modifying parts, but then ask me why I did not modify the parts. That does not add up.
What is also not adding up is how Traxxas 1.9" Method 105 wheels do not fit well on a stock Traxxas setup.

I did not modify any part at all. Why would I do that? I know to not modify parts because it would void a warranty. That experience of mine comes in handy. ;) I bought Traxxas wheels assuming they would fit properly. There was nothing in the instructions that said fitment could be an issue. The striations in the beadlock rings are long and perfectly straight. No hand is steady enough for such striations with any hand tool. Please, indulge me on how you assume I did this intentionally.

What you see is from ~40 minutes use on three different occasions, mostly crawling in first gear. I stopped using the truck as soon as I saw the damage. Why do you assume I kept using the truck? The truck has remained unused since. I reached out to Traxxas for help, and I did all the things they suggested. They have been helpful with their insight... But nothing I do is resolving this issue. How was I to know to be soooo mindful of fitment?

I bought this truck brand new and installed the wheels almost right away. How it operated afterwards is how I thought it should operate. I have no other measure for comparison.

you mounted them they dident fit you ran it anyway
after you ran it the damage was done so at that point take the 30 seconds to clearance.the dambed bead lock

dont call the manufacturer and say you screwed up modifying your rig and ask them to pay for it

oh and for.the record trax-asss is the worst rc company around to deal with they are the bullys of the rc industry and why i try not to buy anything with the traxxass brand on it i dont want.to give them any of my money if i can help it i built my trx4 out of used and aftermarket parts f trax-ass

but they did design a good truck so ill give credit when its due

so again take some pictures and send them to the bullies break out a file and fix the problem

im sorry i asumed you were a bike mechanic when you sead you were a bike technician huge differance now i understand why you couldent tell the wheels were rubbing no computer on a trx4 to tell you theres a problem
but still after 18 years i would think you could tell if something is hiting something or not

this is a good exsample why i do my own work my 1949 adultrike dosent have a computer and i dont want some technician screwing it up while spending the whole day looking for the usb port

ferp420 01-19-2022 08:05 AM

van i dont TRY to be a richard it just comes natural

in this hobby if you exspect everything to just bolt on your not gona have a good time
almost every part needs some kinda tweek to make them work no 2 rigs are the same
your wheels might fit fine on someone elses bone stock trx4 dosent mean they will fit every trx4
its a vary diy hobby

VanCityCrawler 01-19-2022 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferp420 (Post 6105302)
you mounted them they dident fit you ran it anyway
after you ran it the damage was done so at that point take the 30 seconds to clearance.the dambed bead lock

dont call the manufacturer and say you screwed up modifying your rig and ask them to pay for it

oh and for.the record trax-asss is the worst rc company around to deal with they are the bullys of the rc industry and why i try not to buy anything with the traxxass brand on it i dont want.to give them any of my money if i can help it i built my trx4 out of used and aftermarket parts f trax-ass

but they did design a good truck so ill give credit when its due

so again take some pictures and send them to the bullies break out a file and fix the problem

im sorry i asumed you were a bike mechanic when you sead you were a bike technician huge differance now i understand why you couldent tell the wheels were rubbing no computer on a trx4 to tell you theres a problem
but still after 18 years i would think you could tell if something is hiting something or not

this is a good exsample why i do my own work my 1949 adultrike dosent have a computer and i dont want some technician screwing it up while spending the whole day looking for the usb port

I did not modify any part. I read the instructions and nothing says I need to be mindful of fitment. I was a bicycle technician, a very successful one. I specialize in bicycles, not r/c toys. It has been less than a month since I got in to this hobby. The wheels installed, they fit poorly. There is a difference. It is perfectly reasonable to think Traxxas wheels would fit without any problem on a stock Traxxas truck.

You are a miserable and surly person who is quite unstable. I will need to consider the source of your opinion.

ferp420 01-19-2022 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanCityCrawler (Post 6105312)
I did not modify any part. I read the instructions and nothing says I need to be mindful of fitment. I was a bicycle technician, a very successful one. I specialize in bicycles, not r/c toys. It has been less than a month since I got in to this hobby. The wheels installed, they fit poorly. There is a difference. It is perfectly reasonable to think Traxxas wheels would fit without any problem on a stock Traxxas truck.

You are a miserable and surly person who is quite unstable. I will need to consider the source of your opinion.

i dident know bikes had computers

ferp420 01-19-2022 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferp420 (Post 6105314)
i dident know bikes had computers

are they odbIi? or like the old days were you have to count blinks

ferp420 01-19-2022 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanCityCrawler (Post 6105312)

at least were on the same page

VanCityCrawler 01-19-2022 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferp420 (Post 6105306)
van i dont TRY to be a richard it just comes natural

in this hobby if you exspect everything to just bolt on your not gona have a good time
almost every part needs some kinda tweek to make them work no 2 rigs are the same
your wheels might fit fine on someone elses bone stock trx4 dosent mean they will fit every trx4
its a vary diy hobby

Modifying components and parts is something I am familiar with. I've rebuilt shifters, suspension forks, 900+ hand-built wheels. I was well-known for my craftsmanship. I was known for my integrity and customer service. I have built award-winning bicycles and worked on $20,000 ones.

If the roles were reversed and you were new to cycling, I would be the exact opposite of you.

ferp420 01-19-2022 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanCityCrawler (Post 6105317)
Modifying components and parts is something I am familiar with. I've rebuilt shifters, suspension forks, 900+ hand-built wheels. I was well-known for my craftsmanship. I was known for my integrity and customer service. I have built award-winning bicycles and worked on $20,000 ones.

If the roles were reversed and you were new to cycling, I would be the exact opposite of you.

and it took you 40 min to notice there was a problem

i want some of what your smokin sounds like good shibit

ferp420 01-19-2022 09:31 AM

this is like when a customer puts a new tire on his bike then returns to the store and says the tire was defective and the sides came off and asks for the money back for the tire and new paint for the frame
then you see it.and the tire.is.too wide for the frame and was rubbing
wouldent you ask the customer why he rode the bike for 40 miles with the tire rubbing the frame till it damaged the tire and took the paint off the frame
oh i dident know it wasent saposed to do that

VanCityCrawler 01-19-2022 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferp420 (Post 6105322)
this is like when a customer puts a new tire on his bike then returns to the store and says the tire was defective and the sides came off and asks for the money back for the tire and new paint for the frame
then you see it.and the tire.is.too wide for the frame and was rubbing
wouldent you ask the customer why he rode the bike for 40 miles with the tire rubbing the frame till it damaged the tire and took the paint off the frame
oh i dident know it wasent saposed to do that

I bought the parts that the Traxxas website indicated would fit for my truck. I did my due diligence as a consumer. Traxxas did not do their due diligence. As suggested, I was doing a routine check of my truck when I noticed the problem. I have yet to use the truck again.

You are a piece of work. Every forum needs a pathetic troll. And there you are. Choose to be the change you want to see.

ferp420 01-20-2022 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanCityCrawler (Post 6105370)
I bought the parts that the Traxxas website indicated would fit for my truck. I did my due diligence as a consumer. Traxxas did not do their due diligence. As suggested, I was doing a routine check of my truck when I noticed the problem. I have yet to use the truck again.

"due to the nature of this hobbie no returns will be accepted"

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanCityCrawler (Post 6105370)
You are a piece of work. Every forum needs a pathetic troll. And there you are. Choose to be the change you want to see.

some one has to weed out the snow flakes looks like we found one

VanCityCrawler 01-20-2022 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferp420 (Post 6105384)
"due to the nature of this hobbie no returns will be accepted"

some one has to weed out the snow flakes looks like we found one

Wow. You achieved your maximum potential. I enjoy how the internet turns people in to what they cannot be in real life. Brave. If you were standing in front of me, you would not be like this. I'm glad the internet is where you can be all you can be. Pathetic troll.

Take your meds. Improve your command of the English language. Stop contradicting yourself. Or just rid the rest of humanity with your misery by not existing. Listen to the voices in your head. You really can fly.

ferp420 01-20-2022 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanCityCrawler (Post 6105385)
Wow. You achieved your maximum potential. I enjoy how the internet turns people in to what they cannot be in real life. Brave. If you were standing in front of me, you would not be like this. I'm glad the internet is where you can be all you can be. Pathetic troll.

Take your meds. Improve your command of the English language. Stop contradicting yourself. Or just rid the rest of humanity with your misery by not existing. Listen to the voices in your head, make the leap.

yup your definitly a snow flake

but hay any time you want to go play tiny trucks im down as long as its not to far away im on the no fly list lol

durok 01-23-2022 09:39 PM

Dug up this older thread - very useful in finding wheels that work:

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/traxx...ment-info.html

VanCityCrawler 01-29-2022 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durok (Post 6105748)
Dug up this older thread - very useful in finding wheels that work:

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/traxx...ment-info.html

I appreciate you finding that for me. In the end I get my money back and I can buy more parts!