LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2022, 12:39 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Aliexpress safe to buy from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
I bet they look like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was betting on that too. Those will never fit s TRX4 without a ridiculously huge hex.

On the enduro, you can’t blame the wheels because you have SSD brass on. Without the brass they’d fit no problem. On the TRX4, you can technically blame the wheels, but 90% of crawler guys know they won’t fit so to add to what Ferp said, you SHOULD have done you’re own research before clicking buy.

Last edited by ScaleLifeNewbie; 05-14-2022 at 12:44 AM.
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2022, 06:38 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Aliexpress safe to buy from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
Dude you don't get it too few brain cells are from China get free crap from them who knows.
Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
your right i just dont understand what your tryin to say

free brain cells from china ?

Last edited by ferp420; 05-14-2022 at 06:58 AM.
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 08:13 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

Ok let me dumb this down for you guys since posting information to help others is a mortal sin against humanity according to you people (wonder why this forum is about totally dead)

Original comment to share information regarding fitment

"The cheap beadlocks do often have rubbing issues, my enduro with ssd brass knuckles rubbed, had to get 8mm hexes so they would clear. And trx4 etc that has portals can turn into a nightmare depending on the bead locks."

I bought cheap beadlocks. Information regarding fitment issues referred only to trx4 which I do not own. I own an element.

I knew when purchase was made I may run into issues. However the information provided on the product page was misleading in that there would be no fitment issues. Still knew there could be an issue

I had an issue, knew exactly what was needed to correct it and problem solved. I wanted to use said wheels, bought for a reason.

Person asks on forum about information regarding buying such products from overseas. I share my experience so others have the access to said information when they research for possible fitment issues.

You people loose your minds cause you cannot comprehend that I knew wth I was doing and risk I was taking. Became offended by the fact that I chose to share the information with others so they have information I did not because it was possibly negative towards cheap Chinese stuff.

You say it was my mistake because I didn't research them, however I did. You find a post regarding my exact wheels not fitting an element enduro with ssd front hubs aside from my post. Good luck.

Last edited by tigris99; 05-14-2022 at 08:47 AM.
tigris99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 09:46 AM   #24
RCC Addict

Here’s the problem, this topic has been covered multiple times. I’ll tell you this, that’s not the first, second, or third time I’ve posted those pictures on this forum because people have asked or complained about wheel fitment.

You derailed this post.. the OP was asking if aliexpress was a legitimate site.
Instead of giving the guy a straight answer like yes, it’s safe to buy from. But it’s China.. so expect it to take forever and expect China quality. You go off on this wild tangent and get twisted.

Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 10:58 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
You people loose your minds cause you cannot comprehend that I knew wth I was doing and risk I was taking. Became offended

no one lost there mind or became offended other than you maybe

i dont know why you feel the need to insult someone for pointing out your ignorance

THIS IS NOT FAKEBOOK

Last edited by ferp420; 05-14-2022 at 11:04 AM.
Old 05-14-2022, 11:34 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
Here’s the problem, this topic has been covered multiple times. I’ll tell you this, that’s not the first, second, or third time I’ve posted those pictures on this forum because people have asked or complained about wheel fitment.

You derailed this post.. the OP was asking if aliexpress was a legitimate site.
Instead of giving the guy a straight answer like yes, it’s safe to buy from. But it’s China.. so expect it to take forever and expect China quality. You go off on this wild tangent and get twisted.

I didn't derail anything. Though i would have appreciated had I asked a fitment question your info and your posts here were helpful. My distaste for responses was not directed at you, I apologize if you felt they were

I gave advise that I thought amazon/eBay was better and be cautious of fitment. Done. I personally don't feel safe buying of alibaba,had too many issues. This ferp fool decided to loose his shit. I didn't complain or anything.

But getting reminded why I left this hobby in the first place. Many "man children" that have issues comprehending basic English and loose their crap over anything, aka ferp.

Old 05-14-2022, 11:43 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Default Aliexpress safe to buy from?

Quote:
I didn't derail anything. Though i would have appreciated had I asked a fitment question your info and your posts here were helpful. My distaste for responses was not directed at you, I apologize if you felt they were

I gave advise that I thought amazon/eBay was better and be cautious of fitment. Done. I personally don't feel safe buying of alibaba,had too many issues. This ferp fool decided to loose his shit. I didn't complain or anything.

But getting reminded why I left this hobby in the first place. Many "man children" that have issues comprehending basic English and loose their crap over anything, aka ferp.

I always laugh at the ‘why I left this hobby in the first place’ line. Grown men let other grown men bother them so much they leave a hobby? is it that hard to ignore people?

Last edited by ScaleLifeNewbie; 05-14-2022 at 11:45 AM.
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 11:58 AM   #28
Rock Crawler

Maybe rethink your ways of talking to others before this forum completely vanishes. Because no it ain't Facebook, much more of a cesspool with a few good trying to keep it afloat. The world is bigger than the west coast just FYI.

Last edited by tigris99; 05-14-2022 at 12:03 PM.
Old 05-14-2022, 12:54 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

Attached Images

DRED805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 01:50 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
This ferp fool decided to loose his shit.
im still lookin so if anyone happens to find it let me know

i couldent help it lol but i dont want to derail the thread anymore with my opinions lol
Old 05-14-2022, 02:09 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

Some merchants just move stuff, whatever it is. You can buy and item and a month later buy the same item but they may have changed their source. Things can change.
MOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 03:42 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Quote:

I gave advise that I thought amazon/eBay was better and be cautious of fitment.

I agree with the use of Amazon and eBay 100%
I’d rather come to the forum than f******k any day of the week. Most of us don’t mind a little criticism from time to time. And like you said, this place is almost dead anyways but I’ll be here until they pull the plug and until then we’re going to make it as entertaining as possible.
I’d much rather deal with the issues here than give just about anyone the time of day on social media, and with that I’m out.
To the OP skip alliexpress unless they have something you can’t find on eBay/Amazon. Use the tab on eBay for USA only and you’ll be surprised what you can get for close to the same price with less than half the wait.

Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 03:50 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

I think the main issue with the Chinese based sites, is Customs. For us in Europe at least. Not sure how that works for you guys in the US.

Nowadays, we pay Custom fees for everything, so the total price doesn't justify the waiting period anymore. I think that's the reason most branded sellers have turned into direct selling. They can control shipping better that way. Amazon is packed with Injora branded things, for example. But if I order through them, I'll have to pay Customs and wait longer for delivery than if I order the very same thing directly from Injora.
xagoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 08:08 AM   #34
I wanna be Dave

not to drudge up anymore hard feelings i just wanted to pointout that aliexspress has $20 1.9 beadlocks on sale right now
tiger99 leing chanquish beadlocks are only $27 if you want black and orange
i dont need any 1.9 beadlocks right now but i might pick up a set anyway

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/100500...e1762%21%21rec
Old 05-16-2022, 11:14 AM   #35
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
not to drudge up anymore hard feelings i just wanted to pointout that aliexspress has $20 1.9 beadlocks on sale right now
tiger99 leing chanquish beadlocks are only $27 if you want black and orange
i dont need any 1.9 beadlocks right now but i might pick up a set anyway

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/100500...e1762%21%21rec
Thanks for that. Not sure what I'd use them on but I may take a chance just cause their actually orange, not that weird looking excuse for orange I keep seeing on amazon. Only thing I have with the orange theme going is my scx24.

Old 05-16-2022, 07:44 PM   #36
Pebble Pounder

I have never had a problem with Aliexpress except once when it was a four piece detail set and one piece was missing. I submitted photos in my dispute and just said I'd like the missing piece.
I was refunded instead, immediately, no seller communication which in itself is strange, but that is the way they choose to rectify matters. Fine by me.

I have probably 50+ orders at this point and every thing else has gone without a hitch. Just small stuff though, no big dollar RC vehicles or appliances.

The big thing with Ali is the massive amount of sellers (Ali is a marketplace) with which you can search for the absolute lowest bottom dollar for an item (price + shipping)
but the search function, like lowest to highest price, leaves a lot to be desired because it leaves out the shipping. Then the delivery times to the continental United States is nothing to jump for joy over.

The funny thing is now most of their wares can be found on Amazon, Ebay and even Walmart dot com of all places. Not all parts, but some.

Last edited by Undead Jeeper; 05-16-2022 at 07:46 PM.
Undead Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 09:10 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

the thing that gets me about ali exspress is the 6 - 10 emails a day and the prices in the emails are unbelivable a gt5 for 20 something sure thing click on it and its just for the reciver that sells else were for 15 or something stupid lol
but every once and a while they come up with somethin good like a set of 4 1.9 beedlocks for under $20 ebay and amazon both do the fake price advertizments too and it still suck who ever doze it
Old 05-31-2022, 07:25 PM   #38
Pebble Pounder

Wow these responses went south LOL
Anyways like mentioned I went directly to INJORA website which I did not know they had. I found the exact beadlockwheels I was looking for and bought two sets. Paypal was available so I used that, I had tracking the entire time and my wheels arrived perfectly packaged in a little under two weeks. Mounted my $5 pair of axial bfg all terrain I bought at our local swap meet a couple months ago. Fitment was PERFECT and I'm in love with the look and scale performance of my new setup so far. Open lockers pushes me to drive better and when that's not enough a flip of the switch for the front or rear locker has me going. IF that fails like it does all the time in real life my Warn winch saves the day

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
SuperDutyScaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 09:30 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

i broke and bought a set of 1.55s steelies for $17.89 only $20 on ebay for the same wheels with free 3day shipping blew that one lol
the tires i bought on ebay were only .$.50 more but there still coming from china so kinda a wash there good news is they should be here at the same time
now to figure out what to put them on d12 maybe

Last edited by ferp420; 05-31-2022 at 09:50 PM.
Old 06-05-2022, 06:16 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDutyScaler View Post
Wow these responses went south LOL
Anyways like mentioned I went directly to INJORA website which I did not know they had. I found the exact beadlockwheels I was looking for and bought two sets. Paypal was available so I used that, I had tracking the entire time and my wheels arrived perfectly packaged in a little under two weeks. Mounted my $5 pair of axial bfg all terrain I bought at our local swap meet a couple months ago. Fitment was PERFECT and I'm in love with the look and scale performance of my new setup so far. Open lockers pushes me to drive better and when that's not enough a flip of the switch for the front or rear locker has me going. IF that fails like it does all the time in real life my Warn winch saves the day

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Hello. I really like those wheels and I see them on the Injora website. Are they packaged in 2 or 1 ? Thank you?
Johnny Walker
jwalk2c is offline   Reply With Quote

Aliexpress safe to buy from? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone try fitting Aliexpress inner fenders on the Venture charlesd HPI Venture 12 02-23-2021 03:11 PM
aliexpress -option parts big1717 Axial SCX10 II 6 08-18-2016 08:38 AM
wallmart gun safe...Really safe? xxizzer421xx Chit Chat 10 10-11-2007 02:42 PM