Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: Aliexpress safe to buy from?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2022, 06:56 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Aliexpress safe to buy from?

I've been wanting some kind of beadlocks for my defender. Personally the sport wheels are more realistic on a 1:1 defender so last year me and my buddy swapped and t a local swap meet I bought two matching unused spot wheels with tracks tires.
Recently at our spring swap meet I bought eight axial bfg all terrain tires unused from a guy for TEN DOLARS! At the moment I like he look of the all terrain tires for a realistic weekend warrior defender, I just want some kind of bedlocks so I can swap tires as my moods change.
SO
Has anyone bought products from the website Aliexpress before? And if you did were the products legit and show up fairly face if you live in the United States?
They have a bunch of products I'd like to buy but I'm super scared about my redit card info and if the things I order will actually be sent or not?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
SuperDutyScaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2022, 07:08 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Aliexpress safe to buy from?

I've bought a few things from there and it's fine. I forgot if they do PayPal too but you should look into creating an account with them as well.
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 07:37 PM   #3

I've purchased several things from aliexpress so far and have never had any issue. Most recently I bought my flysky nb4 and was delivered in less than two weeks in perfect condition. I would absolutely buy from there again.

Just be sure to check through any reviews the seller might have prior to buying from them for any red flags.
Quaili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 07:47 PM   #4
RCC Addict

If you’re looking at beadlocks it’s worth checking eBay. eBay handles payments now if there is an issue, plus you can usually find all the knock off wheels with us stock, meaning it will show up quicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 08:37 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

It was hit or miss for me. My fly sky gt5 arrived quickly and in good condition. Two bodies that I ordered arrived in crushed boxes and were damaged. My Nathan Drake driving figure is most definitely a knock off…
Hanshotfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 10:32 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

its a chineese knock off of amazon with all the good and bad that comes with it
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 11:44 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Products are the same as on eBay, so YMMV. Most beadlocks I got off Aliexpress were fine, although a set or two didn't fit over TRX4 portals (while advertised "for TRX4", but I guess the seller doesn't know wtf a TRX4 is really, they really try to cram ALL THE WORDS in a description).

Radiolink and FlySky stuff is legit. I recently got some goodies for my telescope too.

Try to choose sellers (stores) with a decent RC-related inventory and good user feedback, e.g. Injora, the kings of RC ripoffs
Ninomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 03:06 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

If you go for Injora stuff, might as well buy directly from them. I've gotten lots of things and they are legit. Shipping time is OK considering they come from China and they offer free shipping for orders over $35. You can use this link to get a $5 discount coupon upon registration too

https://i.refs.cc/LBWRbfKy?smile_ref...gxMDc0fQ%3D%3D
xagoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 03:35 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by xagoras View Post
If you go for Injora stuff, might as well buy directly from them. I've gotten lots of things and they are legit. Shipping time is OK considering they come from China and they offer free shipping for orders over $35. You can use this link to get a $5 discount coupon upon registration too

https://i.refs.cc/LBWRbfKy?smile_ref...gxMDc0fQ%3D%3D
Definitely agree with the above statement, also Injora does have a US warehouse for some products. This is a link to 1/10th products carried at the USA warehouse:

https://www.injora.com/collections/big-sale-for-us/1-10
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 07:39 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

I like using Vanquish and SSD Hubs so I can change the weight and adjust how far they stick out. I have bought less expensive rims for Amazon or ebay that fit these hubs and others don't. I am not sure how you can tell the difference. Some less expensive ones I have gotten have been great, others are harder to mount or won't hold a bead.

My local HS sells SSD so now I just buy SSD when I need a set of rims.
MOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 11:43 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Buy off Amazon, all the same stuff there and ebay, but shipped inside the US, actual useable return policy and such.

The cheap beadlocks do often have rubbing issues, my enduro with ssd brass knuckles rubbed, had to get 8mm hexes so they would clear. And trx4 etc that has portals can turn into a nightmare depending on the bead locks.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
tigris99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 07:55 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
Buy off Amazon, all the same stuff there and ebay, but shipped inside the US, actual useable return policy and such.

The cheap beadlocks do often have rubbing issues, my enduro with ssd brass knuckles rubbed, had to get 8mm hexes so they would clear. And trx4 etc that has portals can turn into a nightmare depending on the bead locks.

amazon and ebay cost more and alliexpress dose have a decent return policy they just give you your money back or store credit

cheap beadlocks dont cause rubbing poor set ups and bad parts choices cause rubbing

the down side to alliexspress is it takes about 2 -8 weeks to get your stuff

the down side to cheap beadlocks is stripped threads and broken hardware and ive had some bend on big falls but i was able to strighten them out enuff to were it wasent noticable anymore
Old 05-12-2022, 04:17 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

No cheap beadlocks will often rub on the spindles, portals etc because their diameter/offset is wrong. My Knightrunner is far from a "poor set up", but the cheap beadlocks required thicker hexes to space the wheels out further because they wouldn't clear the front spindles, inner bead ring inner diameter is too small.

Old 05-12-2022, 08:56 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
No cheap beadlocks will often rub on the spindles, portals etc because their diameter/offset is wrong. My Knightrunner is far from a "poor set up", but the cheap beadlocks required thicker hexes to space the wheels out further because they wouldn't clear the front spindles, inner bead ring inner diameter is too small.

thats not the beadlocks fault though
see you chose the wrong offset wheel hex then chose the right offset wheel hex and now they work

so the fact remains it was your set up not the wheel after all

funny how that works
Old 05-12-2022, 08:59 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Actually IS the wheels fault because they do not disclose the exact measurements of offset or inner ring diameter, not to mention the production information specific fitment details for direct fit clearly states that its "direct fit". One cannot know the offset or inner ring diameter until received because the sellers don't have a freaking clue, LIKE YOU.

Old 05-12-2022, 09:24 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Actually IS the wheels fault because they do not disclose the exact measurements of offset or inner ring diameter, not to mention the production information specific fitment details for direct fit clearly states that its "direct fit". One cannot know the offset or inner ring diameter until received because the sellers don't have a freaking clue, LIKE YOU.

its called doing your due diligance

still not the wheels fault

there are only so many styles of wheels out there its not like one is hugely different than the others

the seller will say anything to make a sale

thats why you need to do your own research

i personaly own just about every style of beadlock out there and i can tell just by looking at them if they will fit something im working on or not

a 1.9 wheel can only be so big inside the wheel

same with a 2.2

big aftermarket knuckles wont always work on wheels with a internal beadlock ring
Old 05-13-2022, 06:17 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Dude you don't get it, too few brain cells, are from China, get free crap from them who knows.

Can't research something that's been copied 50 times by 10 different so called brands. You have the stated dimensions and that's the end of it.

So how is someone supposed to reach through a screen with a caliper and measure inside diameter??? Not possible.

It's the "brand" or "sellers " responsibility to provide those details or it is a fault in the product.

Which then leads those like me who know the risks involved and can make changes accordingly. If a product DOES NOT FUNCTION AS ADVERTISED IT IS FAULTY by design or falsely advertised, again not any fault of the purchaser. Just like the first set I ordered was a supposed to be bronze and was orange or gold as they call it. Ordered from the listing showing the gold and got bronze like I wanted.

Last edited by tigris99; 05-13-2022 at 11:36 PM.
Old 05-13-2022, 08:37 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Dude you don't get it, too few brain cells, are from China, get free crap from them who knows.

Can't research something that's been copied 50 times by 10 different so called brands. You have the stated dimensions and that's the end of it.

So how is someone supposed to reach through a screen with a caliper and measure inside diameter??? Not possible moron.

It's the "brand" or "sellers " responsibility to provide those details or it is a fault in the product.

Which then leads those like me who know the risks involved and can make changes accordingly. If a product DOES NOT FUNCTION AS ADVERTISED IT IS FAULTY by design.

Post a picture of the backside of the beadlocks you bought.

Old 05-13-2022, 11:52 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
Post a picture of the backside of the beadlocks you bought.

I bet they look like this
Not this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 12:15 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

Yeap, only would have rubbed in the front, just barely clear in the back but they do.

I knew this style.would be an issue if I had a trx, didn't expect it on an element.

Last edited by tigris99; 05-14-2022 at 12:30 AM.

Aliexpress safe to buy from? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone try fitting Aliexpress inner fenders on the Venture charlesd HPI Venture 12 02-23-2021 03:11 PM
aliexpress -option parts big1717 Axial SCX10 II 6 08-18-2016 08:38 AM
wallmart gun safe...Really safe? xxizzer421xx Chit Chat 10 10-11-2007 02:42 PM