Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: Lower my sport?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2022, 11:44 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Lower my sport?

wanting to bring my sport down a bit, was looking at 80mm shocks maybe unless someone out there has other ideas to bring it down just a bit???
Dr.Newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2022, 12:18 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Lower my sport?

An easy way to lower a rig is to put spacers in the shocks, fuel tubing works.
Greatscott is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 12:45 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Take the springs completely off for a full droop setup. For what I do, it works great and does exactly what I wanted-gets lower cog and has a low slung look. I know a lot of people say it will only hurt the performance, but it doesn’t hurt to try it on yours.

This is how low it sits with my poor mans droop setup. (Sorry for the crap picture, it’s the only one I could find where it was sitting semi level, I think you can still get the idea though.)
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 05:29 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

they sell.these things called shock keys you can raise.or lower your ride hight with out limiting shock traval or buying new shocks
just another option
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 09:46 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
Take the springs completely off for a full droop setup. For what I do, it works great and does exactly what I wanted-gets lower cog and has a low slung look. I know a lot of people say it will only hurt the performance, but it doesn’t hurt to try it on yours.

This is how low it sits with my poor mans droop setup. (Sorry for the crap picture, it’s the only one I could find where it was sitting semi level, I think you can still get the idea though.)

I did the same thing with my MST CFX-W. Torque twist was extremely horrible with kit set up. Tried pen spring mod and different shock oils and barely improved. Figured I’d try it without the springs and the torque twist virtually stopped and it crawls awesome.
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 08:00 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Just unthread the preload adjusters all the way up on the shock bodies. About as low as is practical for the platform IMO.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 09:36 AM   #7
Go Buckeyes!

^^^I run mine like @meatmonkey said. Adjusters all the way up on the shocks. I've trimmed the fenders a bit so it may look like it is sitting high. The chassis is actually sitting down on the axles. Using the stock GTS shocks.

Name:  IMG_3202 (2).jpg
Views: 436
Size:  187.5 KB
B-MOW71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 02:35 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

thanks BMOW and meat monkey, backing the preload collars off got me the results i was after

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
^^^I run mine like @meatmonkey said. Adjusters all the way up on the shocks. I've trimmed the fenders a bit so it may look like it is sitting high. The chassis is actually sitting down on the axles. Using the stock GTS shocks.

Attachment 400990
Dr.Newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 07:29 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

You can get springs from writing pens (and other sources) to insert the on the inner shaft of your shocks. This will push up the shaft and sit you lower. Google pen spring mod TRX4. This will also allow you to play with the external spring weight and length for the internal spring to get it to sit and rebound the way you want as opposed to a light spring or no spring that just allows you rig to sag.

If you are happy with how your shocks work now there are after marked shock towers and even chassis that will allow you to mount your shocks higher and therefore lowering you chassis.

and/or smaller tires.

Last edited by MOguy; 11-17-2022 at 10:49 AM.
MOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 06:47 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Just for reference, this is my truck sitting on 80mm shocks. It works for sure, but backing off preload was the way to go - it keeps your full suspension travel.

OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sport, trx4

Lower my sport? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Traxxas trx 4 sport vs redcat gen 7 sport part 2! shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 08-03-2018 06:31 AM
Traxxas trx 4 sport vs redcat gen 7 sport! shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 07-23-2018 07:19 AM