Notices

Thread: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2014, 08:13 AM   #181
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
We are changing the measurements and will hopefully have them up soon. We are trying to get them up as soon as possible so that it will give people time to build or change things for the coming year. We are not making any major changes but there will be some. There will new height, width and chassi lengths.
Thanks for the info. I know of several waiting very impatiently for then new chassis dimensions
krawlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2014, 02:21 PM   #182
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules ***UPDATED 4/1/14***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richterat83 View Post
1.9 wraith would fit under 1.9 comp correct?
Yes, a 1.9 clad Wraith could run 1.9 Comp, but it would have to meet the WB and TW specs to run in 1.9 Comp.

There are several solid axle rigs that "give it a go" in 1.9 Comp.
axelsnapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:49 PM   #183
Powered by Awesome

Question. I wanted to build outside of the box. Looking at starting with a traxxas telluride and making a custom chassis ontop to resemble campbells rig but have f&r ind susp.

Im guessing that
"Non-scale race-track style vehicles are not allowed. " kills that idea, along with shafty style trans.
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:10 PM   #184
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedXT View Post
Question. I wanted to build outside of the box. Looking at starting with a traxxas telluride and making a custom chassis ontop to resemble campbells rig but have f&r ind susp.

Im guessing that
"Non-scale race-track style vehicles are not allowed. " kills that idea, along with shafty style trans.
What class are you wanting to do this in? Center shaft driven, non transmission type cars, like the telluride, are what we don't really want to see.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:15 PM   #185
I wanna be Dave

I'm asking for my own insight, not as a bash...
Why does the style of tranny matter vs the over all look of the rig?
I can see no moa, but as long as there is a true tranny, they all seem to resemble a 1:1 production setup up used in one form or another.
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:23 PM   #186
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublej View Post
I'm asking for my own insight, not as a bash...
Why does the style of tranny matter vs the over all look of the rig?
I can see no moa, but as long as there is a true tranny, they all seem to resemble a 1:1 production setup up used in one form or another.
We dont typically see trans-axle rigs in KOH races with a rear engine and a shaft running through the center of the car.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:27 PM   #187
I wanna be Dave

Main word there is typically, hence why I asked.
Buy you answered my question. Thanks.
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:55 AM   #188
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublej View Post
Main word there is typically, hence why I asked.
Buy you answered my question. Thanks.
Can you show me an example of one? If so It might be something to consider. Either way, the the car described above would fall into 1.9 comp if were legal at all. And it would have no chance against a well built TH so I guess I don't see the point.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:08 AM   #189
RCC Addict

Would a wraith with chassis rails fit into 1.9 trail?

It would have a full dingo body with dingo flares to cover the tires

Last edited by Richterat83; 09-18-2014 at 09:12 AM.
Richterat83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:22 AM   #190
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richterat83 View Post
Would a wraith with chassis rails fit into 1.9 trail?

It would have a full dingo body with dingo flares to cover the tires
As long as it is under max width yes it would.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:43 AM   #191
RCC Addict

Sorry, forgot to put 1.9 scx10 axled wraith.

Either way, good to know! Thanks!
Richterat83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 03:13 PM   #192
Powered by Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver View Post
What class are you wanting to do this in? Center shaft driven, non transmission type cars, like the telluride, are what we don't really want to see.
In all reality I like to think out of the box. custom builds is more my game then store bought and screwed together. more of a square peg in a round holed kinda deal.
parts, wraith chassis and tranny, front and rear independent suspension - rocking pitpull 2.2's.... Would a build be allowed or is it outside of the build specs?

im in Colorado and might not be able to run in a u4rc event for some time but would like to have a rig in case we start having events out here.

I agree on now wanting every joe on the block with a traxxas to show up wanting to race, but, if another builder showed up with a scale replica that looked nothing like a store bought rtr, would that rig be considered?

I hope Im not pushing buttons as I don't mean to. I simply like the good old days of rcc when kits didn't exist and there was more creativity on the boards, guys coming out of the wood work with awesome innovations that no one had seen, looked awesome and worked great! Id just like to see more awesomeness.

Last edited by TwistedXT; 09-18-2014 at 03:17 PM.
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 03:27 PM   #193
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedXT View Post
In all reality I like to think out of the box. custom builds is more my game then store bought and screwed together. more of a square peg in a round holed kinda deal.
parts, wraith chassis and tranny, front and rear independent suspension - rocking pitpull 2.2's.... Would a build be allowed or is it outside of the build specs?
That would be a 2.2 Comp Open car, just like the Yeti. No weight limit.

We just don't want the "track car" center shaft and a transaxle with the motor hanging off. Nor do we want people asking about a 4x4 sc truck as a platform. Using the parts are fine, but that is going to be in the open, and or trophy class.

Feedback is always welcome.
Old 09-18-2014, 03:31 PM   #194