Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > U4RC
Loading

Notices

Thread: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2014, 08:55 AM   #61
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,027
Default Re: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawl-o-matic View Post
Well, I've said everything I wanted to say...I've asked others to chime in...if they do, they do, if not, then oh well.
If they don't then your push for cut and shut is dead. The people that are chiming in are against it for the most part and these are current competitors.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2014, 09:28 AM   #62
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: ?
Posts: 5,055
Default Re: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doc View Post

2.2 Trophy. Should be all steel cages and look scale. And a weight limit and drivers.

That's my .2 cents


This one I don't understand. How is a plastic light weight rig allowed to drive against. 9-11 lb metal tubers?
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:37 AM   #63
Jerry's RC Garage
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: lake forest
Posts: 403
Default Re: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally1800 View Post


This one I don't understand. How is a plastic light weight rig allowed to drive against. 9-11 lb metal tubers?
In the trophy class there are no light weight rigs. They all have to weigh at least 8lbs
jerry2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:06 AM   #64
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: ?
Posts: 5,055
Default Re: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry2575 View Post
In the trophy class there are no light weight rigs. They all have to weigh at least 8lbs
Ah

I see that in the rules.
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:23 AM   #65
www.ottsix.com
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico USA
Posts: 2,051
Default Re: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

no siping no grooving...each expressly permitted by Ultra4 Racing but Naz-T wants them removed from U4RC...OK, I give up.

Also, this has nothing to do with our new Voodoo U4 tire that we'll be releasing soon. It NEEDS no modification to run with any other U4RC, G6, or scale comp legal tire but I just thought it would be nice for drivers to have the OPTION to resize any scale tire since these tires are not available in any other size unlike their 1:1 counterparts.
crawl-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:40 AM   #66
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sin City
Posts: 3,628
Default Re: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

I have read through the threads and have my own take on it and other issues just like some have their take on this issue. Just like everywhere else - Vegas has its own set of issues.....
My take is you cannot say modding tires will turn people off any more than allowing a Pro4 motor to run.

Yes modding tires can be used as a tuning tool but it can also be used to take a HUGE tire on a wraith and lessen it down to make it look more real.
A manufacture is going to produce tires to the MAX size allowable to the biggest ruling group.... maybe not always but for the most part. So thatís where allowing tire mods and cut/shut come in. If 2.2 Pitbulls only come in one height but I think they look monster truckish on my rig why not allow me to lessen them down or skinny them up better fit 1in rims?
Just saying - "that isn't scale" doesn't always win because scale is always in the eye of the beholder. What scale to you may not be fair to say its scale to me or anyone else. And I fail to see a competitive factor winning in allowing as we are talking about scale tires - not CF rims or a TVP chassis....

Here is a question - Are these rules for the masses across the nation or for SoCal U4 boys? That is what I posted in the first place - this is a public forum and I was under the impression that these rules were meant for everyone. Either way itís just a discussion - not trying to ruffle feathers.....
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:41 AM   #67
www.ottsix.com
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico USA
Posts: 2,051
Default Re: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

One last question:

New Ultra4 Racing rule for 2015: Drivers can only run one size tire per manufacturer for all events.

Anyone in favor?
crawl-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:51 AM   #68
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: So Cal USA
Posts: 1,109
Default Re: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hyde View Post
To tell u the truth I am even up for a little Mad Max style action---slamming each other off track, on board paintball action, maybe even some fire, and a tequila shot after every lap.
Sounds Awesome, let us know when you have this event ready to go, in your back yard
KRAWLR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:01 AM   #69
Jerry's RC Garage
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: lake forest
Posts: 403
Default Re: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublej View Post
I have read through the threads and have my own take on it and other issues just like some have their take on this issue. Just like everywhere else - Vegas has its own set of issues.....
My take is you cannot say modding tires will turn people off any more than allowing a Pro4 motor to run.

Yes modding tires can be used as a tuning tool but it can also be used to take a HUGE tire on a wraith and lessen it down to make it look more real.
A manufacture is going to produce tires to the MAX size allowable to the biggest ruling group.... maybe not always but for the most part. So thatís where allowing tire mods and cut/shut come in. If 2.2 Pitbulls only come in one height but I think they look monster truckish on my rig why not allow me to lessen them down or skinny them up better fit 1in rims?
Just saying - "that isn't scale" doesn't always win because scale is always in the eye of the beholder. What scale to you may not be fair to say its scale to me or anyone else. And I fail to see a competitive factor winning in allowing as we are talking about scale tires - not CF rims or a TVP chassis....

Here is a question - Are these rules for the masses across the nation or for SoCal U4 boys? That is what I posted in the first place - this is a public forum and I was under the impression that these rules were meant for everyone. Either way itís just a discussion - not trying to ruffle feathers.....
The rules are for the Masses so we try to make them for everyone, but there is always room for discussion and opinions. The U4RC in Socal are the founders.
jerry2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:06 AM   #70
Jerry's RC Garage
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: lake forest
Posts: 403
Default Re: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawl-o-matic View Post
One last question:

New Ultra4 Racing rule for 2015: Drivers can only run one size tire per manufacturer for all events.

Anyone in favor?
Their event their rules
jerry2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:12 AM   #71
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,027
Default Re: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublej View Post

Here is a question - Are these rules for the masses across the nation or for SoCal U4 boys? That is what I posted in the first place - this is a public forum and I was under the impression that these rules were meant for everyone. Either way itís just a discussion - not trying to ruffle feathers.....
Just like USRCCA and SORCCA the rules, as written, will be used at Glen Helen for our series and any upcoming regionals or Nationals. This is what our racers are saying they want. Also Naz-t is an event organizer in Utah. Since we see a very close relationship between what they are doing, and what we are doing, lends more value to his experienced opinion.

Again if people say this is what they want, it can be done. So far there only seems to be 2 guys really pushing and more saying they don't want it.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:19 AM   #72
Jerry's RC Garage
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: lake forest
Posts: 403
Default Re: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

Here is another idea if want cut-n-shut tires come to glen helen and race them.( approve us wrong) I dont believe they will last through a race. Talk to us in person.
jerry2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:28 AM   #73
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: So Cal USA
Posts: 1,109
Default Re: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

Ok, I have been really busy the last few days with my garage 'overhaul' to jump into this conversation but after reading every single post in this thread this morning, these are my thoughts on this tire topic..
As the rules state, tires should remain scale, as scale as possible and I completely agree, the should, in size, looks and performance.
As a competitor since basically the conception in both Comp crawling and U4RC racing, I feel there is no need for cut and shuts tires in U4RC racing, like you would want and need to do in Comp crawling..
Going fast, bashing and thrashing on rocks don't require "The Perfect Tire" by making some 'perfect' cut and shuts. We have had winners in U4RC, in all classes win with whats out and avalible now and whats allowed or that are very scale looking.
What I personally would like to see out of a NEW U4 tire are these 3 things mainly..
First and foremost, SCALE Appearance, the more real they look, the better, HANDS DOWN. Second of course would be the compound, soft and
sticky, yet tough and durable to take going fast over rocks and last would be size proportion, witch points back to 'first and foremost', Scale-ness, it must look real to feel real is my theory..
Alot of us builders try so hard to make our rigs to look as scale as possible and when we race, a scale looking tire, that performs well only enhances what we build, this is why it is this way in the rules, its important.

I may not be a LEAD contender in our race series or the best at driving but its getting better lol but I do know how to build a scale rig and how it should look and preform and tires are play an important role in that!
Either way, I am very exited to see what VooDoo comes up with, hopefully it becomes the 'best tire out there' if the design is right!
KRAWLR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:28 AM   #74
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sin City
Posts: 3,628
Default Re: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

And just like USRCCA and SORCCA when two people complain that can mean more people are thinking the same but are afraid to post on this wonderful thing we call RCC - Or its just 2 old keyboard hillbillys that dont even own an RC.....
Either way if "This is what our racers are saying they want." then call it what it is and be done with it. That completely justifies and ends the need for any debate over socals rules.
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:32 AM   #75
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sin City
Posts: 3,628
Default Re: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry2575 View Post
Here is another idea if want cut-n-shut tires come to glen helen and race them.( approve us wrong) I dont believe they will last through a race. Talk to us in person.
That was my point in asking is this set of rules for everyone or Glenhelen race way? Trust me I would LOVE to come out everytime the door is open, but I already travel quite a bit for scale comps and when all your races seem to be when I have my 3 year old it gets hard.
So I set up jumps, rocks, logs, and fun locally and go race.
To be there has to be a huge open mindedness when you start to talk national. Its not about hurt feelings or the passion we all have for this sport and our toys - Its about rules doing their job: Keeping an even playing field.
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:51 AM   #76
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Burbank
Posts: 1,189
Default Re: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

The rules have nothing to do with the so cal tracks...Does Nascar have rules for each track they go to. No!! If you want to race in Nascar you follow their rules.

From what I have heard Voodoo makes some bad ass tires, and I have heard that its is about $200 to build a set.....I for one are not going to build a set for that.

No offence Voodoo....This tire thing should have been talked about a long time ago, you don't build something and then ask if you can now run it in the races.

The thing about transfer case's and trans. You don't see them.

I have some Ideas about the Voodoo tire and I'm going to talk to Jerry today.

I'm trying to play both sides and not looking at this just one sided.
The Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:10 PM   #77
www.ottsix.com
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico USA
Posts: 2,051
Default Re: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

DOC, our tire is a replica of a 1:1 tires so it's a legal per U4RC rules. Full retail

on the Voodoo U4 will be the same as our Voodoo comp tire at $80 for a full set

of 4 tires. The price is a bit higher than other tires due to the high tech

compounds we use as they are expensive to formulate and produce. Our

compounds are proprietary.


Again, my thoughts on allowing cut-n-shuts is completely independent of our

new tire which will be released soon.
crawl-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:12 PM   #78
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sin City
Posts: 3,628
Default

No nascar doesn't care what track your at but with the comments being made it's very easy to say that the rules are being written per what the local racers to SoCal want and see fit.
Which is fine when that's what the rules are for. But as soon as you start talking of national level ruling you have to open the mind set that everyone does not have the same opinions wants needs or terrain.
It is a much bigger task to justify the greater good of a sport vs a local track and the terms "my local drivers don't want" or "it's not scale" does not justify anything but what You want. Not what's good for the sport.
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:15 PM   #79
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: So Cal USA
Posts: 1,109
Default Re: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawl-o-matic View Post
Full retail on the Voodoo U4 will be the same as our Voodoo comp tire at $80 for a full set of 4 tires. The price is a bit higher than other tires due to the high tech compounds we use as they are expensive to formulate and produce. Our
compounds are proprietary.

That is a very good price in my opinion for a good, comp tire
KRAWLR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:22 PM   #80
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Burbank
Posts: 1,189
Default Re: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublej View Post
No nascar doesn't care what track your at but with the comments being made it's very easy to say that the rules are being written per what the local racers to SoCal want and see fit.
Which is fine when that's what the rules are for. But as soon as you start talking of national level ruling you have to open the mind set that everyone does not have the same opinions wants needs or terrain.
It is a much bigger task to justify the greater good of a sport vs a local track and the terms "my local drivers don't want" or "it's not scale" does not justify anything but what You want. Not what's good for the sport.
I hear what you are saying, and I only race and am not the guys who make the rules. I just look at stuff open minded, and my wife hates me for that. Because I don't side with her. Lol...
The Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SORRCA Competition Rules Release - Class Specs and scale points Locked Up Scale Comp Rules 323 01-26-2011 10:10 PM
Sportsman Class rules? my proj. specs, will it be legal? crazyorigin Newbie General 2 06-14-2010 01:55 PM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com