Notices

Thread: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2014, 11:31 AM   #81
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
I hear what you are saying, and I only race and am not the guys who make the rules. I just look at stuff open minded, and my wife hates me for that. Because I don't side with her. Lol...
I have to wear both hats for the SC but even when I feel strongly about something. If there is the hint of my opinion not allowing fair play or not helping everyone with a remote in their hand then I have to either justify my opinion as needed for Everyone or shut up.
I can see both sides with Cut and Shuts - No you can not cut a 1:1 tire and glue it back together. But you can pick from a list the size of my arm for a single style of Irocks.
We have 2 main rims sizes and when most companies make a 2.2 tire they can not afford a 5in - 5.5in - 6in ect ect ect. Cut and shuts allow the user to build to the scale of his truck and tastes - Without getting any true advantage on course.

Cause Doc you seem to be one of the main speed runners out there in Cali - Do you think, lets say, a 1in smaller 2.2 pitbull is going to pull 15-30sec or more off your lap times?
We are still talking about a scale tire - Not a pin tire or SC tire.
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2014, 11:31 AM   #82
I wanna be Dave

id have to say..
id be surprised if the cutnshuts actually lasted a race.

keep it scale!

if you want more tire sizes...make a petition thread for more sizes from vendors/manufacturers.

id personally like to see the scale tire manufacturers take rc4wd/prolines lead and do a small size and xl size. more options the better.
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:45 AM   #83
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublej View Post
I have to wear both hats for the SC but even when I feel strongly about something. If there is the hint of my opinion not allowing fair play or not helping everyone with a remote in their hand then I have to either justify my opinion as needed for Everyone or shut up.
I can see both sides with Cut and Shuts - No you can not cut a 1:1 tire and glue it back together. But you can pick from a list the size of my arm for a single style of Irocks.
We have 2 main rims sizes and when most companies make a 2.2 tire they can not afford a 5in - 5.5in - 6in ect ect ect. Cut and shuts allow the user to build to the scale of his truck and tastes - Without getting any true advantage on course.

Cause Doc you seem to be one of the main speed runners out there in Cali - Do you think, lets say, a 1in smaller 2.2 pitbull is going to pull 15-30sec or more off your lap times?
We are still talking about a scale tire - Not a pin tire or SC tire.
No.. but lets face it, in rocks taller tires work better...= faster...
The Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:11 PM   #84
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
No nascar doesn't care what track your at but with the comments being made it's very easy to say that the rules are being written per what the local racers to SoCal want and see fit.
Which is fine when that's what the rules are for. But as soon as you start talking of national level ruling you have to open the mind set that everyone does not have the same opinions wants needs or terrain.
It is a much bigger task to justify the greater good of a sport vs a local track and the terms "my local drivers don't want" or "it's not scale" does not justify anything but what You want. Not what's good for the sport.
Pretty sure the 801 guys are saying no as well. They are no affiliation with us at all. That goes beyond only our local guys.

And so is our Arkansas chapter now that I finished reading the page.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:00 PM   #85
www.ottsix.com

Quote:
I hear what you are saying, and I only race and am not the guys who make the rules. I just look at stuff open minded, and my wife hates me for that. Because I don't side with her. Lol...
....my wife, too
crawl-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:07 PM   #86
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
No.. but lets face it, in rocks taller tires work better...= faster...
So why don't U4 1:1s run 44in or 53in tires? I've personally ran 1.9s against 2.2s in a couple different outlets and the smaller tire has an advantage in many ways. That when ran right prove why most 1:1 racers have settled around a 38 if I remember right.

And we are all beating a dead horse - except Doc.....
All anyone's argument is "Scale" without proving how a cut and shut isn't scale vs how you define the word "scale". And I will continue to tell you that is the wrong way to invite new guys to a growing sport bc it will be taken as exactly what it is - Opinion.
Rules are for governing the playing field and keeping things fair and open to new and old, drivers, builders, and vendors. Not opinion.

Anywho - said my piece.
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 02:12 PM   #87
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
All anyone's argument is "Scale" without proving how a cut and shut isn't scale vs how you define the word "scale".
My argument wasn't about scale. I totally understand what people are saying about width, and I understand your point about scale being different depending on the person.

My argument is, if everyone uses tires right out of the package, then everyone is on equal footing right from the beginning. Some people can afford to cut as many tires as they like in pursuit of the best setup...some of us can't. Also, not everyone can do it properly. A no mod rule eliminates problems like that. There is no gray area to mess with.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 02:41 PM   #88
RCC Addict

I agree with CHUD, very well said re: the 'out of the package and equal footing' and also with RRS, cut and shuts wouldnt hold up in a fast, hi speed rock race environment! Some guys can barely keep tires glued to their plastic rims and most bead locks struggle to keep the tire on the wheel, so I can not see a cut and glued tire holding up! (I know were beyond this, just was agreeing with him )

Last edited by KRAWLR4life; 03-19-2014 at 02:46 PM.
KRAWLR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:34 PM   #89
Rock Crawler

WHAT!? I just finished a set of 2.1457 inch kustom Fab Ecological turbo ready, nitro trax treaded tires and spent 200$ on it, and i cant use it?

Guess i will just have to win races the good old fashioned way.....DRIVE!

HAHA Funny all this "discussion" about tires when we never had anybody show up that had modded tires, just keep the rules the same till 20 independent people ask to run the tires then "consider" a rule change. Doesn't matter what people think on here (IMO).... show up to the event (or host your own) and then ask to make room for your requests, tires, motors, etc....

My 2 cents....
TheAxialNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:00 PM   #90
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxialNut View Post
WHAT!? I just finished a set of 2.1457 inch kustom Fab Ecological turbo ready, nitro trax treaded tires and spent 200$ on it, and i cant use it?

Guess i will just have to win races the good old fashioned way.....DRIVE!

HAHA Funny all this "discussion" about tires when we never had anybody show up that had modded tires, just keep the rules the same till 20 independent people ask to run the tires then "consider" a rule change. Doesn't matter what people think on here (IMO).... show up to the event (or host your own) and then ask to make room for your requests, tires, motors, etc....

My 2 cents....
YOU HAVE A BAD ATTITUDE!!
Old 03-19-2014, 06:03 PM   #91
RCC Addict

Screw all this!!..... lets just make a figure 8 course and lets see how the light verse heavy chassis do against each other.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:42 PM   #92
Y-Town Crawlers

Quote:
Screw all this!!..... lets just make a figure 8 course and lets see how the light verse heavy chassis do against each other.
You have to catch me to hit me...

See you Saturday
Del Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:44 PM   #93
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Monte View Post

See you Saturday

I know I run a bigger battery than you, so............I'll wait you out.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:49 PM   #94
RCC Addict

Quote:

See you Saturday
jake if make it to axialfest you will have this one the doc and zonkred to deal with
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:27 AM   #95
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

hell yea!!

we can call it "thunder dome"!!
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:26 AM   #96
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Quote:

See you Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan w View Post
jake if make it to axialfest you will have this one the doc and zonkred to deal with
I put $20 on Jake.

J
SkaldidDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:48 PM   #97
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaldidDog View Post
I put $20 on Jake.

J
do you want to send it to me now or later
Old 03-20-2014, 01:08 PM   #98
Rock Crawler

Just my .02, I don't care about the tires but would like to see the 2.2 trophy minimum weight get dropped. The 8lb minimum seems high.
michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:44 PM   #99
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael View Post
...would like to see the 2.2 trophy minimum weight get dropped. The 8lb minimum seems high.
Why does it seem high to you? Have you built a custom steel chassis and all the trimmings yet? If not, then you wont understand.. if you have, whats the problem?
We have over 12+ TC rigs at our races, all hand/custom built and are ALL over 8lbs (some close to 10lbs) AND we have been racing for 2 race series now with no issues in that class due to the weight requirements.
Just wondering why you would worry about this
Build a TC rig the right, SCALE way and it will be over 8lbs If you REALLY want your rig to be lighter, then just race in the Comp Class

Last edited by KRAWLR4life; 03-20-2014 at 01:51 PM.
KRAWLR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:22 PM   #100
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael View Post
Just my .02, I don't care about the tires but would like to see the 2.2 trophy minimum weight get dropped. The 8lb minimum seems high.
mine is rite at 9.8lbs rtr

U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SORRCA Competition Rules Release - Class Specs and scale points Locked Up Scale Comp Rules 323 01-26-2011 09:10 PM
Sportsman Class rules? my proj. specs, will it be legal? crazyorigin Newbie General 2 06-14-2010 12:55 PM