Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > U4RC

Notices

Thread: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2015, 04:50 PM   #221

Default Re: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by axelsnapr View Post
*At this point there is no motor type or limit rule in any class. Too big of a motor can actually make getting around the track more difficult.

*Shafty type transmissions is the rule in all classes. Single or multi-speed are allowed.

*There are no battery size/cell limitations in any class. the only rule is that it must be hidden in a scale fashion and chassis mounted.

These rules will stay thru the 2013-2014 Winter Series. Hope this info helps...
Why no MOA vehicles?
T-REXX68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2015, 12:06 AM   #222
RCC Addict

Cos they're not scale.

Could possibly be done but not seen one I'd count as fast by U4RC standards yet.
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 09:25 AM   #223
Rock Stacker

I just read the rules and I am new to U4 racing and need some help understanding. I am interested in the yeti limited class and it mentions 50% of the tire outside the wheel well. it also says i can run a stock yeti but the body seems narrow to cover the tires by 50%. also it says no other changes can be made. are aluminum upgrade pars allowed? how about rpm arms or trailing arms and knuckles? any help interpreting these rules would be awesome
Delbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 08:12 PM   #224
Jerry's RC Garage

[QUOTE=Delbert;5342775]I just read the rules and I am new to U4 racing and need some help understanding. I am interested in the yeti limited class and it mentions 50% of the tire outside the wheel well. it also says i can run a stock yeti but the body seems narrow to cover the tires by 50%. also it says no other changes can be made. are aluminum upgrade pars allowed? how about rpm arms or trailing arms and knuckles? any help interpreting these rules would be awesome[/QUOTE

In the limited class you can only run upgrades that are from Axial. You can change the servo and electronics but you cannot run motor bigger then 3105 kv 10th scale motor. The 50% refers to if you want to change the body to a different body.
jerry2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 01:38 PM   #225
Rock Stacker

[QUOTE=jerry2575;5349347]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
I just read the rules and I am new to U4 racing and need some help understanding. I am interested in the yeti limited class and it mentions 50% of the tire outside the wheel well. it also says i can run a stock yeti but the body seems narrow to cover the tires by 50%. also it says no other changes can be made. are aluminum upgrade pars allowed? how about rpm arms or trailing arms and knuckles? any help interpreting these rules would be awesome[/QUOTE

In the limited class you can only run upgrades that are from Axial. You can change the servo and electronics but you cannot run motor bigger then 3105 kv 10th scale motor. The 50% refers to if you want to change the body to a different body.

Thanks for your help, I am building a bomber instead. I can't leave "well enough"alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Delbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 06:35 PM   #226
Rock Crawler

I'm curious as why the max width for the 2.2 trophy is 12.5in but all the rest of the 2.2 classes are 13in.
Shoei1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 01:29 PM   #227
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules **UPDATE**UPDATE**

***RULES UPDATE***RULES UPDATE***RULES UPDATE***
In an attempt to keep Solid Axle and IFS rigs racing together in the 2.2 Trophy class, while remaining to leave a wide variety of tire options available to the IFS rigs, U4RC has made the decision to expand the 2.2 Trophy class width rule to 12.75"(outside-of-tire to outside-of-tire) effective immediately (07/21/16).

The 12.5" rule stands for the upcoming Nationals event in CV, because this Nats is adjoined to the previous rule set. If we encounter a driver at Nats that wants to race a rig that is 12.75" wide, we will conduct a vote at the "driver's meeting" with all drivers in said class. (majority wins vote).
This is a national level U4RC rule, check with your local track for facility specific rules.

I hope to see many of you in a few weeks at Nats!
axelsnapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 12:44 PM   #228

Hi: I just came across this type of r/c racing and am stoked! What class might a modified RedCat Sandstrom fit into? What other rigs are people running?
Thanks for any help!
HCCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 07:09 PM   #229

To many projects I can't seem to finish one . 1.9 U4 it is !
BUZZURK is offline   Reply With Quote

U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SORRCA Competition Rules Release - Class Specs and scale points Locked Up Scale Comp Rules 323 01-26-2011 09:10 PM
Sportsman Class rules? my proj. specs, will it be legal? crazyorigin Newbie General 2 06-14-2010 12:55 PM