Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > U4RC

Notices

Thread: U4RC: Best trucks in each class

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2017, 07:38 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Question U4RC: Best trucks in each class

What are the best trucks in each class in U4RC? Like how the Team Associated RC10B6 is the best in it's class (1/10th scale 2wd buggy), what's the best in each class in U4RC?
DeathVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2017, 07:18 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default U4RC: Best trucks in each class

Okay so there are quite a few classes in U4RC. The rules have recently been updated and I would recommend you read them.

However to answer your question , here's a list in my opinion as per the U4RC rules to date:

1.9 trail- The scx10 or scx10.2 both dominate this class. However, they can be very custom and run very different electronic setups in order to win. I personally like this class the most for me

1.9 Indy- Vaterra trin hammers is the only vehicle in this class that does well that I know of

1.9 trophy- these are custom built chassis so it's hard to say which brand. I know UCfab makes the 1.9 PRT, but also people build custom vehicles off of the vaterra platform

2.2 comp- the bomber does the best in this class and is always on top of the podium. The wraith does ok if set up correctly

2.2 Indy-The yeti and rock Rey are neck and neck in this class. It's really up to the right river and set up rig. Also it's the drivers preferred choice
2.2 unlimited- This is a hard one to answer because of the open rules of this class. The d8 nomad did fairly well in this class at the summer nats. But also I saw some modified losi ten SCBE vehicles that were a great setup for this class.
2.2 trophy S- This is also a custom based class. UCfab and RCfabworks create great chassis for this ultimate scale trophy class. Or you could just create your own

2.2 trophy I- Pretty much the same response as 2.2 trophy S. However the new rule changes has outlawed one of RCFabwork's competing chassis that uses a cut up tekno Sc chassis sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MM5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 08:26 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: U4RC: Best trucks in each class

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM5150 View Post
Okay so there are quite a few classes in U4RC. The rules have recently been updated and I would recommend you read them.

However to answer your question , here's a list in my opinion as per the U4RC rules to date:

1.9 trail- The scx10 or scx10.2 both dominate this class. However, they can be very custom and run very different electronic setups in order to win. I personally like this class the most for me

1.9 Indy- Vaterra trin hammers is the only vehicle in this class that does well that I know of

1.9 trophy- these are custom built chassis so it's hard to say which brand. I know UCfab makes the 1.9 PRT, but also people build custom vehicles off of the vaterra platform

2.2 comp- the bomber does the best in this class and is always on top of the podium. The wraith does ok if set up correctly

2.2 Indy-The yeti and rock Rey are neck and neck in this class. It's really up to the right river and set up rig. Also it's the drivers preferred choice
2.2 unlimited- This is a hard one to answer because of the open rules of this class. The d8 nomad did fairly well in this class at the summer nats. But also I saw some modified losi ten SCBE vehicles that were a great setup for this class.
2.2 trophy S- This is also a custom based class. UCfab and RCfabworks create great chassis for this ultimate scale trophy class. Or you could just create your own

2.2 trophy I- Pretty much the same response as 2.2 trophy S. However the new rule changes has outlawed one of RCFabwork's competing chassis that uses a cut up tekno Sc chassis sadly.

Thank you! Do you think they all use locked diffs?
Old 08-28-2017, 09:06 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathVirus View Post
Thank you! Do you think they all use locked diffs?

No problem
It is preferred drivers choice. There are certain limitations on open center diffs which are explained at U4RC.com in its rules. You can run open front and rear diffs however. Some people do some people don't. Like I said it's all about how you want to set your rig up.

Old 08-28-2017, 09:09 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

I did notice that the rules on their website are not updated. So if you have Facebook, look for SoCal U4RC and they will have the updated rules there

Old 08-28-2017, 09:46 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM5150 View Post
No problem
It is preferred drivers choice. There are certain limitations on open center diffs which are explained at U4RC.com in its rules. You can run open front and rear diffs however. Some people do some people don't. Like I said it's all about how you want to set your rig up.

You'd atleast run a locked front diff if you run an open rear diff right? Just seems to work well in my experience. Oddly enough my Twin Hammers with stock front diff GREASE (no silicone oil in there at all) can get through some terrain better than my Traxxas Summit. My Twin Hammers is running Badlands 2.8 though
Old 08-30-2017, 12:32 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

I prefer rear locked only or fully locked depending on the rig. It all depends on what makes your rig run the best in your opinion. But yes I see many different combinations of open and locked diffs in this type of racing.

U4RC: Best trucks in each class - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
U4RC Current Class Specs/Rules axelsnapr U4RC 228 02-28-2017 07:09 PM
Mad Skinz IFS Demon U4RC Trophy Class Rock Racer scottanthony 2.2 Scale Rigs 12 07-12-2015 11:25 AM
Vp`s class 8 trophy trucks zonkerd Axial SCX-10 146 11-19-2014 06:08 PM
super class trucks bob goodall Arizona 0 05-31-2009 11:09 PM
multiple trucks per class TK-twister General Crawlers 13 04-02-2008 04:56 PM