Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Unlimited Class Crawlers

Notices

Thread: "Blue Iris" A AMW Built Enigma Axle'd:Y Town Sporticus Chassis:Activated Outlaw

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2019, 09:17 PM   #21

Default Re: "Blue Iris" A AMW Built Enigma Axle'd:Y Town Sporticus Chassis:Activated Outlaw

Yes rowdy racing and bring back the electronics tray and battery mount please
bassbusta01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2019, 09:17 AM   #22
RCC Addict

Default Re: "Blue Iris" A AMW Built Enigma Axle'd:Y Town Sporticus Chassis:Activated Outlaw

Sic build Gavin, love it!
Not sure why it is in the XR10 section though...?
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 09:30 AM   #23
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by House View Post

I suggested he put this build in this section because it uses XR10 axle shafts, c hubs and knuckles. There isn't an AR44 section for rigs like this on RCC, at least not yet. I'm also not sure how this build would fit in the scale 10.2 section(?). The GEN2 AX-10 section doesn't get much traffic either, even though this uses the same chubs and knuckles. Of the six currently running competition 4x4's (sportsman) at our shop, Blue Iris is probably the best performing. I'm eager to receive the custom painted body Xciter body for this build that JWalker designs is painting. It's going to be a spectacular paint scheme for sure
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 09:40 AM   #24
RCC Addict

Ya, I would consider it an AR44 (Shafty), not an XR10 (MOA).
I don't care where it is, the more traffic to RCC the better.
Fuk Facebook!
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 09:50 AM   #25
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Ya, I would consider it an AR44 (Shafty), not an XR10 (MOA).
I don't care where it is, the more traffic to RCC the better.
Fuk Facebook!

Great point Maybe we can get a MOD to create a new section. I know that section would have some amazing builds to start the section off with.

I totally agree with you on bookface, I'm not a fan. I think forums will make a come back as certain forms of social media sizzle out and fail this year. RCC could become better than ever.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:17 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

90% of the sporty builds go in the ax10 section

Nice rig, I have most of the parts to put together axles a lot like those for my new sporty build.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 02:13 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
Excellent build Gavin and congratulations on building your first complete competition rc crawler entirely on your own. Gavin assembled this vehicle from a nice collection of parts. The only help I was asked for was the wiring.
Thank you Dad!
-Gavin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
Makes me want to rebuild one of my crawlers. Those axles are amazing.
These axles are amazing... It might be rebuild time.Bump
-Gavin

Quote:
Sic build Gavin, love it!
Thank You, XR10 axle shafts, c hubs and knuckles is why I put it in this section.
-Gavin

Quote:
Great point Maybe we can get a MOD to create a new section. I know that section would have some amazing builds to start the section off with.

I totally agree with you on bookface, I'm not a fan. I think forums will make a come back as certain forms of social media sizzle out and fail this year. RCC could become better than ever.
"Maybe we can get a MOD to create a new section."
Bump
-Gavin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
90% of the sporty builds go in the ax10 section

Nice rig, I have most of the parts to put together axles a lot like those for my new sporty build.
Thank you!
There isn't anything AX-10 about this rig. Bump on a new sporty with Enigma axles
-Gavin
Gavin Ayala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 02:53 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Ayala View Post

Thank you!
There isn't anything AX-10 about this rig. Bump on a new sporty with Enigma axles
-Gavin
Technically you're using wraith knuckles, the xr knuckles aren't high steer and they have dual low steering arms on the rear just like stock xr. The c hubs can fit either an xr or wraith/ar60 appkication. But whatever, good looking rig!

How about this one?

2.2S Robbob's new direction

I have most of the stuff sitting here already for a new sporty and class 2/performance scale rig.

I had solid covers made for the scaler since adding tungsten isn't allowed.

Old 01-10-2019, 03:26 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Technically you're using wraith knuckles, the xr knuckles aren't high steer and they have dual low steering arms on the rear just like stock xr. The c hubs can fit either an xr or wraith/ar60 appkication. But whatever, good looking rig!

How about this one?

I have most of the stuff sitting here already for a new sporty and class 2/performance scale rig.

I had solid covers made for the scaler since adding tungsten isn't allowed.

How about this one? Please elaborate
Nice portals, How is the performance scaler doing? The brass covers rock!
Thank you!
-Gavin
Old 01-10-2019, 05:52 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

I got some more pictures of Blue Iris along with a short walk around video. I weighed Blue Iris RTR without body 3 pounds 13 ounces.

Blue Iris walk around

Old 01-10-2019, 10:01 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:

How about this one?

How many people know what chassis is sitting on that fixture plate?
Almighty Malach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 10:08 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
How about this one? Please elaborate
Nice portals, How is the performance scaler doing? The brass covers rock!
Thank you!
-Gavin

Rob used the same parts from High Altitude but with the same portals as I'm using.

The scaler will be good, it has trx4 axles on it now and I'm real happy with that type of axle on it so far so I'm really looking forward to getting it done.

On a side note that rig will never see anything but CI 6 bolts, the brass is built to clear that wheel perfectly.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:05 AM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty Malach View Post
How many people know what chassis is sitting on that fixture plate?
??
Quote:
Rob used the same parts from High Altitude but with the same portals as I'm using.

The scaler will be good, it has trx4 axles on it now and I'm real happy with that type of axle on it so far so I'm really looking forward to getting it done.

On a side note that rig will never see anything but CI 6 bolts, the brass is built to clear that wheel perfectly.
Right on, I am curious to see your scaler with Enigma portals and brass covers with 6 bolt wheels:Smokin:
Thank you
-Gavin

Old 01-15-2019, 10:09 AM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Footage of Blue Iris being tested on the C.I rock pile on it's 3rd battery pack ever!

Who ever moved my build thead to the unlimited comp crawlers . Please make a Sportsman build thread section Mods! Blue Iris uses XR10 AXLE SHAFTS FRONT AND REAR the only reason I put the build thread in the XR10 section. Blue Iris is not a unlimited comp crawler but A COMPETITION 4x4 Sportsman Comp Crawler.

Last edited by Gavin Ayala; 01-15-2019 at 10:16 AM.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:14 AM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
??

[/CENTER]
I think he is talking about the picture that wt posted of the portal covers. There is a rig in the backgroung that looks to maybe have a old reign k series chassis.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 10:19 AM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
I think he is talking about the picture that wt posted of the portal covers. There is a rig in the backgroung that looks to maybe have a old reign k series chassis.

Thank you, I was just wondering what the chassis was.
-Gavin
Old 01-15-2019, 11:34 AM   #37
I wanna be Dave

An actual sportsman section would be cool. I bet it would be far easier to just rename the ax10 section and move all 10 builds that are outside of there in leaving a forwarding link so old references to them would still work.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:38 AM   #38
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
An actual sportsman section would be cool. I bet it would be far easier to just rename the ax10 section and move all 10 builds that are outside of there in leaving a forwarding link so old references to them would still work.

Agreed. Another great idea that makes too much sense to be implemented
Old 01-15-2019, 01:18 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Quote:
Agreed. Another great idea that makes too much sense to be implemented
Great Idea, an actual sportmans section would be cool.
-Gavin
Old 01-15-2019, 01:35 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Some talk on the pro shafty and moa group on fb awhile back between some people came up about this. I think it was agreed apon that a new forum just needs be made.

CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#activatedoutlaw, #amw, #ayalametalworks, #competition 4x4, #crawlerinnovations

"Blue Iris" A AMW Built Enigma Axle'd:Y Town Sporticus Chassis:Activated Outlaw - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"The Formula", a CI built; SSDLUX axle'd; Y Town Sporticus chassis; Activated Outlaw Nova's Ark Axial AX10 2nd-gen 38 04-07-2021 10:41 AM
"The Gatekeeper" A AMW Built AR60 Axle'd,Gatekeeper Chassis , Activated Outlaw Gavin Ayala Axial AX10 2nd-gen 40 09-24-2020 09:25 AM
RECON G6 Challenge "The Superlift Southern Showdown G6" & "Outlaw Terra-X" DRIVNMF Recon G6 227 10-19-2012 10:26 AM