Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Unlimited Class Crawlers

Notices

Thread: "Blue Iris" A AMW Built Enigma Axle'd:Y Town Sporticus Chassis:Activated Outlaw

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2019, 02:02 PM   #41
Rock Crawler

Default Re: "Blue Iris" A AMW Built Enigma Axle'd:Y Town Sporticus Chassis:Activated Outlaw

Unlimited section?!
Really?!
This forum is about dead and the change made it a total f#&kUp?
Just create the shafty section and the forum will moderate it self.
(There only 3 or 4 cat's here anyway...)

As for the rig it looks awesome!
The only thing that I'm not so convinced is the servo placement...
Just don't like it, I think the servo arm is too exposed to the rocks and the small R/P pumpking makes it look even worst.
xkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2019, 11:38 AM   #42
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default Re: "Blue Iris" A AMW Built Enigma Axle'd:Y Town Sporticus Chassis:Activated Outlaw

Gavin and I (Edmundo Ayala) will be driving and filming RC cars on February 2nd at these locations. We will have a practice course or two set up for Activated Outlaw. Consider this your formal invite to stop by, drive your RC car and meet other hobbyists. This is not a competition or full blown event. This a get together with focus on driving and visiting. I hope to see you there and possibly get your RC car on camera.

#crawlerinnovations #ayalametalworks #activatedoutlaw #doubledeucefoams #deuceswildwfoams #lilnovafoams #compcrawler #scalecrawler #rccrawler
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:28 PM   #43
Hal
Quarry Creeper

Really nice rig Gavin. I am in the process of building a Sportsman myself. Searching here is what led me to this thread. I got some great ideas here. I like the idea of a section for sportys (hint hint any mods reading this.) Some of us with Cross crawlers have been asking for a section for our rigs in the 1.9 scale area also......Me thinks our voices are falling on deaf ears?
Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 11:00 AM   #44
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Here are some photos from the Activated Outlaw Get Together on 02.02.2019:

Credit for the photos belong to my daughter Destinee.

Old 02-16-2019, 11:00 AM   #45
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

More photos, credit to A Spell of Sophrosyne

Old 02-21-2019, 10:05 AM   #46
Quarry Creeper

New bling
Blue Dlux Shocks

I used my gold (titanium nitride) coated shock rods from the previous big bore shocks that have RPM Green 2 stage pistons in stead of the silver .

Gavin Ayala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 11:34 AM   #47
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Gavin and I (Edmundo Ayala) will be driving and filming RC cars on March 2nd at these locations. We will have a practice course or two set up for Activated Outlaw. Consider this your formal invite to stop by, drive your RC car and meet other hobbyists. This is not a competition or full blown event. This a get together with focus on driving and visiting. I hope to see you there and possibly get your RC car on camera.

#crawlerinnovations #ayalametalworks #activatedoutlaw #doubledeucefoams #deuceswildwfoams #lilnovafoams #compcrawler #scalecrawler #rccrawler
Old 02-21-2019, 03:02 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Fish with Fish's Crawler Parts sent me a Hamberger cover for Blue Iris. Thank You
I changed the black rod ends to RPM blue rod ends.

Hamberger Cover Weighs 8 Grams

Old 02-21-2019, 03:05 PM   #49
Quarry Creeper

More

Old 03-08-2019, 07:52 AM   #50
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Why this rc crawler is in the "Unlimited" section speaks to how poorly this place is being run. Sad...
Old 03-08-2019, 07:52 AM   #51
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Gavin and I (Edmundo Ayala) will be driving and filming RC cars on April 6, 2019 at the White Oak City Park in White Oak, Texas.
Start Time 9:30AM

Park Address:
500 E. Magnolia St.
White Oak, TX 75693

Park Web Site:
https://www.cityofwhiteoak.com/depar...oak-city-park/

The courses will be set based on the rc vehicles in attendance. So whatever the majority of the group has to drive, that is what we will run. No one will be turned away, and every RC will have a chance on course.

Based on our last two Get Togethers, fun was had by everyone, and more people are showing up. The March Get Together had three Competition course and three Activated courses.

Consider this your formal invite to stop by, drive your RC car and meet other hobbyists. This is not a competition or full blown event. This a get together with focus on driving and visiting. I hope to see you there and possibly get your RC car on camera.

Score Sheet that will be used:

Here is a full length (2.5hrs) video that Gavin made of the March Get Together. It is complete with a introduction and overview, along with every run from the day.

Old 03-12-2019, 09:04 PM   #52
Quarry Creeper

Update
Blue Iris's X-Citer Comp Crawler Body painted by JWalker Designs that is spectacular Thank You Jesse!

Old 03-12-2019, 09:06 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Old 03-12-2019, 09:08 PM   #54
Quarry Creeper

Old 03-12-2019, 09:13 PM   #55
Quarry Creeper

I switched the servo horn up and made a new steering link. This steering setup is way better and doesn't hit the rocks nearly as much.

Old 04-29-2019, 12:33 PM   #56
Quarry Creeper

Cut up and mounted

I like the bent link as it allows for better approach angle but the bend decreases the servo power. I decided to try another steering link but with less bend.

I changed the front Dlux springs from ultra soft to medium. I like this change but will probably change to soft.

Old 04-29-2019, 01:08 PM   #57
Quarry Creeper

Edmundu and I crease the body and this passenger side was our first attempt. We used a heat gun and two aluminum plates. First we heated up the side and then put the aluminum plates on the side and clamped it and creased it to the desired bend. This worked ok the passenger side was kinda ruff but the driver side came out better.

Photos from the Activated Outlaw Get Together on April 6

The Remote Strap was made and embroidered by my Mom. EmbroiderybyL

Old 04-30-2019, 06:41 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

That body sure looks sweet. Are you testing the triple stage C.I. foams in the front of that rig?
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:48 AM   #59
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
That body sure looks sweet. Are you testing the triple stage C.I. foams in the front of that rig?

Thank You, I am Testing C.I. Triple stage prototypes Foams Front and Rear in multiple sets of tires! I have not tried running a triple stage foam in the front and a dual stage foam in the rear. The Triple stage Foams in the front and rear support a sporty on side-hills and vertical climbs so well that Ive never felt going back to dual stage.
Old 07-25-2019, 10:36 AM   #60
Quarry Creeper

After the June 1 2019 Activated Outlaw Get Together I was very tired of the steering setup. The servo looses so much torque with the bent steering link. I decided to make a new truss to put the servo where I want.
Before

Weight of truss and battery mount 17 grams.

New 1/8 delrin truss I made.
Weight 25 grams.

I used the outside upper link hole and moved the servo holes back about a half inch(I forgot the exact measurement).

Tags
#activatedoutlaw, #amw, #ayalametalworks, #competition 4x4, #crawlerinnovations

"Blue Iris" A AMW Built Enigma Axle'd:Y Town Sporticus Chassis:Activated Outlaw - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"The Formula", a CI built; SSDLUX axle'd; Y Town Sporticus chassis; Activated Outlaw Nova's Ark Axial AX10 2nd-gen 38 04-07-2021 10:41 AM
"The Gatekeeper" A AMW Built AR60 Axle'd,Gatekeeper Chassis , Activated Outlaw Gavin Ayala Axial AX10 2nd-gen 40 09-24-2020 09:25 AM
RECON G6 Challenge "The Superlift Southern Showdown G6" & "Outlaw Terra-X" DRIVNMF Recon G6 227 10-19-2012 10:26 AM