Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Unlimited Class Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Dlux fab 2.2 pro

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2022, 05:44 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Dlux fab 2.2 pro

All I can say is this thing is amazing! I am still figuring things out as this is my first MOA believe it or not. I didn’t feel like going down the start cheap path and instead went for the best out the gate.

Definitely a different feel than the shaft driven trucks I am used to. I wanted to post this here so maybe I can get a few pointers as needed. Like I said I am still figuring some things out as far as setup.

Here is a quick running video of my first little test run after getting it built.

https://youtube.com/shorts/7knP5sWIttA?feature=share

My first question to all the people familiar with MOA crawlers, is my transmitter has my front and rear motors switched. Meaning when I select front wheel drive it runs the back wheels and when I select rear wheel it runs the front. Is this as simple as swapping my motor wires from one ESC to the other? I assume this is the case since I already tried just swapping the RX wires in the receiver and that didn’t work.

Last edited by TBuggy; 08-07-2022 at 08:49 AM.
TBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2022, 10:05 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Dlux fab 2.2 pro

https://flic.kr/p/2nCK31Y

https://flic.kr/p/2nCE1GK
Old 08-07-2022, 02:38 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Is it possible when you swapped the RX wires you ended up accidentally not switching them? That should have fixed your issue.

What radio are you using? You should also be able to reprogram the radio to swap the ESC for the front (or rear) to the right channel.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 05:23 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I am using a dxr4 pro. I have a drx5 rugged but that didn’t have an actual MOA setting.

Ok, well I did swap the RX wires again and it did switch the front and rear which totally makes sense so I am not sure what I did last time when I thought I swapped them already. But now I can’t get four wheel drive unless I change the bias to at least 30 and then the rear still spins much faster than the front until I change the bias even more. Then when I try to reverse the front doesn’t reverse.

I am going to recalibrate everything and try again. Maybe one of the esc’s didn’t get calibrated correctly some how?
Old 08-07-2022, 07:13 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Another quick question is if I am running a direct powered servo should I still be using a BEC on my ESC’s? Currently I am not by I have one if it’s still recommended.

I recalibrated everything and that seemed to help. I feel something is not quite right but I can make it work and front is front and rear is rear. Now it seems to drive pretty well in 4wd when the bias is set at 100 and does reverse as I would think it should. Reason I think something is not right is when I adjust the bias down it slows the front and not the rear. At 0 the front doesn’t even spin when in 4wd.

Last edited by TBuggy; 08-07-2022 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Update
Old 08-07-2022, 07:55 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Yeah starting over from scratch is a good idea. I assume you have dual esc's? I recall that requires connecting and powering them up individually to calibrate them right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBuggy View Post
Another quick question is if I am running a direct powered servo should I still be using a BEC on my ESC’s?
No a BEC isn't needed with a direct power servo.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 08-07-2022 at 07:57 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 09:05 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Yeah starting over from scratch is a good idea. I assume you have dual esc's? I recall that requires connecting and powering them up individually to calibrate them right.

No a BEC isn't needed with a direct power servo.
Thank you for your responses, much appreciated!

I don’t remember which thread I read it on but John responded about the dual esc calibration thing on it and he mentioned the newer ones (which this is) don’t have that problem. Plus mine are stacked together and I don’t see it possible to power only one at a time? The instructions on the HH site do say the same thing you mentioned but I think it also is older. My guess is it probably just has not been updated to mention when they are stacked and have the newest firmware they do not need to be calibrated separately.

I don’t have a pc (only have a Mac book) so I cannot update and check settings that way atm.

Like I mentioned earlier in the thread I am new to the MOA scene. It could be that everything is how it should be and it’s just so new to me it will take some getting used to.

I am going to keep playing with things and see how it goes. I will keep updating this thread with my progress.
Old 10-01-2022, 09:10 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Took this thing to the beach hoping to find some nice rocks and I would have to say I wasn’t too disappointed. Wasn’t doing to good with the solo driving and camera holding so didn’t get as much footage as I was hoping but still manage to find some good spots.
https://youtube.com/shorts/6BFrXFZBnXo?feature=share

https://youtu.be/zxcfVNDMqiI
Old 10-02-2022, 11:30 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Another short clip while at the beach.
https://youtu.be/lM9mZcXwt8E

Dlux fab 2.2 pro - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dlux fab links Jlane EnRoute Berg 1 04-05-2020 04:38 AM