Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA > WRCCA Information

Notices

Thread: Trail Class Information

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2014, 11:32 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Trail Class Information

Find out about Trail Class here.

Trail Comp rules- https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Event challenge guidelines- https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Last edited by JohnRobHolmes; 04-20-2015 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Rules and Event guidelines
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2014, 11:37 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Trail Class Information

It has begun!

Old 02-18-2014, 12:59 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

To "INTRODUCE" Trail Class to local off road rc drivers. I am experimenting with multiple fun competition formats.

At the last scale GTG we just threw down gate to let people experience driving a set line. We also set up a timed section were we had a make shift drivers stand.....the truck moved but the driver didn't.

The reaction seemed very positive. Every time we have one I will step it up a notch, and eventually I will started telling them...."If you had fun doing this....you should come to an RCA event....we will be running trail class!
Old 02-26-2014, 09:43 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

CAN I DO THIS _____________?
(Fill in the blank)

A common question that seems to be left over from the other classes way of thinking! Pushing the limits of everything!

In an effort to keep the rules as simple as possible we didn't make alot of specific rules, and in doing so we left the door open for those wanting to exploit the relatively simple intent.

Stock will ALWAYS be legal....ANYTHING that is not stock is subject to rules committee review at anytime.

That the only thing you need to know if you not trying to push the limits!

Its fine if getting MAXIMUM ADVANTAGE is the way you think...just be shocked when it doesn't work out.

Obviously its unlikely we will ever review common upgrades like direct replacement items like aluminum knuckles, heavy duty drive shafts, and metal links, but things more commonly used on the comp scene will get closer scrutiny.

So when you ask me if your "exotic material comp crawler type widget" is legal or not in Trail Class expect ..

"Even though its not STOCK there is no specific rule against it at this time, however it is subject to committee review if its not stock."
Old 03-05-2014, 09:41 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

HINT

Locally I have just been showing up to Scale GTGs and setting up gates, and asking guys to try out the course.

I told them that I was doing "SIMPLIFIED SCORING" counting only Gate Penelties with No Time Limit.

Sometimes we had 3 drivers on the course.....we tried to maintain some even spacing.

The course was design so gates could easily be taken, so unless their truck broke EVERYONE finished the course

Many of the drivers thanked me, and asked when could we do it again.

When I go to Local Scale GTGs I will run this type format, and invite them to attend our regular local comp events to try "TRAIL CLASS" USRCCA style!
Old 03-12-2014, 10:27 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Does the Twin Hammers fit into this class?
redsawacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:12 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsawacs View Post
Does the Twin Hammers fit into this class?

Locally and at some regional events it should be allowed. Not sure about Nationals just yet.

Trail Competition Class

Mission Statement
The purpose of this Trail Competition Class is to blend Scale appearance, Stock characteristics, and Competition Performance into a class that can be enjoyed and competitive with a variety of widely accessible vehicles. The intent is for these vehicles to be able to compete in a traditional comp crawling setting on courses suitable for the specs of the vehicles. With minor changes, these vehicles could be made to compete at G6, Ultra4, SORRCA and other already popular type events.

Its our hope to have the trucks used in this class maintain original design characteristics while still allowing for modifications that increase durability and overall enjoyment.

To help increase participation at the local level the USRCCA encourages local clubs to adopt a "Run what you brung" policy, and that only drivers wanting to move on to regional and national level events need to worry about stricter class specifications.

The USRCCA reserves the right to add any stock specification or measurement to class requirements at anytime if it deems it necessary to maintain the competitive balance of the class.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:29 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Default Trail Class Information

Would an exo chassis with wraith skid and axles be considered legal for regional and nation levels since it is using a stock wraith skid, axles, links, and trans?
fordsuperduty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:40 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordsuperduty View Post
Would an exo chassis with wraith skid and axles be considered legal for regional and nation levels since it is using a stock wraith skid, axles, links, and trans?
Out of curiosity I would like to see a picture.

The biggest reason NOT to allow ANY Frankenstein rig is that it becomes the Standard for this class.

I suspect the exo chassis is ALOT smaller than the Wraith. Even if we got creative with the interpretation this rule would apply.

8.0 No competition specific bodies. Bodies selections are required to be 3" longer than wheelbase of of the vehicle. Trimming is limited to the fenders and must be kept to a minimum.(See Selection Guidelines)
Old 03-24-2014, 09:02 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Basically it is this. This is not mine so I am not taking any credit for it. Mine would be similar. it is a wraith basically with an Exo terra Cage mounted to the lower platform/skid mount.
Attached Images

Old 03-25-2014, 09:19 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordsuperduty View Post
Basically it is this. This is not mine so I am not taking any credit for it. Mine would be similar. it is a wraith basically with an Exo terra Cage mounted to the lower platform/skid mount.
I wouldn't allow it at Nationals
Old 03-25-2014, 12:29 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

10-4
Old 03-27-2014, 11:26 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

The Exo is slightly smaller - I can get measurments this evening if it helps.
I am sorta disappointed this kind of rig wouldn't be allowed - This is exactly what I think a lot of Builders would want todo.
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:37 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublej View Post
The Exo is slightly smaller - I can get measurments this evening if it helps.
I am sorta disappointed this kind of rig wouldn't be allowed - This is exactly what I think a lot of Builders would want todo.
Not really meant to be a builders class. Definitely leaning more to stock than builder.

The purpose of this Trail Competition Class is to blend Scale appearance, Stock characteristics, and Competition Performance into a class that can be enjoyed and competitive with a variety of widely accessible vehicles.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:50 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
Not really meant to be a builders class.
Yup thats what Super is for.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:25 PM   #16
5th D Owner/Driver

Has anyone built one yet that is set up specifically for this class? I think some pics of a few examples would help more understand what is allowed/expected to see comping. The "rules" mention stock yet dig or 4 wheel steering is allowed which is far from a "stock" crawler. I would like to see what people are building for the trail class.
cboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:56 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboggs View Post
Has anyone built one yet that is set up specifically for this class? I think some pics of a few examples would help more understand what is allowed/expected to see comping. The "rules" mention stock yet dig or 4 wheel steering is allowed which is far from a "stock" crawler. I would like to see what people are building for the trail class.

Check out Post #2 in this thread for your photos.
Speedracer19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:03 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
Not really meant to be a builders class. Definitely leaning more to stock than builder.

The purpose of this Trail Competition Class is to blend Scale appearance, Stock characteristics, and Competition Performance into a class that can be enjoyed and competitive with a variety of widely accessible vehicles.
That is two "stock" rigs bolted together. If a "stock" class is wanted then why not run a stock class?
I understand the idea and wants of the class but I figured the use of all stock parts would be the bread and butter of this class.
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:14 AM   #19
5th D Owner/Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedracer19 View Post
Check out Post #2 in this thread for your photos.
I thought that was a scale comp since I see spare tires and scale accessories, is that what trail class is? I was under the impression that a gutted out wraith with 4WS is more what it is suppose to be.
cboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:30 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboggs View Post
I thought that was a scale comp since I see spare tires and scale accessories, is that what trail class is? I was under the impression that a gutted out wraith with 4WS is more what it is suppose to be.

Basically from what I understand you need to take an rtr wraith, honcho, jk throw a few bolt parts at it and that's it in a nutshell. Fish you can correct me if my interpretation is incorrect.

Trail Class Information - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Nationals & Season Class Information Fishmaxx Past Events 106 02-17-2014 08:28 PM
2012 2.2S Class Information helhedded East Coast Championship 109 05-05-2012 01:05 PM