Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA > WRCCA Information

Notices

Thread: 2015 RCCA / Usrcca series general info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2014, 06:41 AM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: 2015 Usrcca series

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
It's an automatic hook for events that have fees, for example if we were going to charge for a regional (we are not). It should also say $0 in the cart and if you tried to complete the pp transaction it would have no value. We haven't figured out how to avoid the automatic pp jump while keeping the ability of event fees. There are other organizing bodies that need the option.
What events would have fees associated with it for RCORVA?
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2014, 02:41 PM   #62
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

The fees wouldn't actually go to RC ORVA, it would go to the sanctioning body that requires them for the event. In the past the Usrcca had fees for regional qualifiers, although not now. U4RC has expressed interest in having it available for future events. It's just an option that we built into the event creation based on past and future needs, but in the present it isn't being utilized.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 05:11 PM   #63
I wanna be Dave

So let's say I want to run the Northeast National Qualifier again. Which I woud like to ;) In the past eventbrite was the way we sold the tickets and I was able to directly collect the drivers fees for the event. This was helpful because I could pay for food, shirts and other expenses. I have to admit that Eventbrite fees were a bit of a pain. How would I recieve the funds needed? Are we still using eventbrite? Sorry for so many questions John. I just need to start getting all my ducks in a row so I can continue putting on a quality event for the drivers in the Northeast.

Last edited by Jslick; 10-08-2014 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:07 PM   #64

RC ORVA will sell the tickets for you, and I do believe we have it set up where you get paid immediately minus driver fees which are about the same as eventbrite fees. You can also sell shirts and whatever extras you want to put on there, stickers or commemorative earrings and whatnot.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:31 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
RC ORVA will sell the tickets for you, and I do believe we have it set up where you get paid immediately minus driver fees which are about the same as eventbrite fees. You can also sell shirts and whatever extras you want to put on there, stickers or commemorative earrings and whatnot.

Thanks for the info, when you have the chance I would like to talk to you directly and go over some ideas and possible concerns with ticket sales. shoot me an email or pm sometime and Ill give you my phone number. I want to support RCORVA to the best of my ability. With anything new there is always a learning curve for everyone. Ask anyone who knows me, I tend to sweat the details of any events I am associated with so they go smoothly.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:32 PM   #66

Will do. I'm on the road this week, I'll start next week with a chat with you.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:39 PM   #67
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jslick View Post
Thanks for the info, when you have the chance I would like to talk to you directly and go over some ideas and possible concerns with ticket sales. shoot me an email or pm sometime and Ill give you my phone number. I want to support RCORVA to the best of my ability. With anything new there is always a learning curve for everyone. Ask anyone who knows me, I tend to sweat the details of any events I am associated with so they go smoothly.
And that is why we love you JSlick!! lol... Please keep me in the loop of what you find out.

I too need this information, but I don't want to make JRH explain it 1000 times to 100 different people. I am excited about the changes and hope that it helps to bring in more interest in our hobby.

Thanks for all of the hard behind the scenes work JRH!!
DiabloPres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 06:43 AM   #68
I wanna be Dave

For anyone who has created an event yet, if you put in a base fee, does the RCORVA site direct the registrant of your event to a payment area?

Our club does a 5 buck comp fee to pay for supplies, shirts etc. I put that as a base fee just for information purposes. I do not want to direct the registrants to have to pay online.

Is there a way to edit an event? It hasn't been approved or posted yet. Thanks.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:24 AM   #69

Default Re: 2015 RCCA / Usrcca series

You can edit the event when you go into your coordinator account.

For events that have an in-person fee or club dues, you would set the comp fee on RC ORVA to $0 and put the cost in the event detail section. When you are charging a nominal fee to cover handouts and soft goods it is ok, most club events would fall into this. If it is obvious that the host is running a larger comp for profit and trying to skirt supporting RCORVA, we will remove their account and events. If they are also a club coordinator this could put the club series into jeopardy, but I highly doubt this would ever happen.

Be sure that when events are created, that they include important details like date and location. Otherwise they won't show up on the calender.

Also, we should have the event scores enabled now. It needs some refinement IMO, but the ball is rolling to get 2015 going smooth.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:57 AM   #70
RCC Addict

John,

A dozen years ago when the local club was formed there was no fee at all. The founding fathers were looking to cover the small costs of running the club and started a $5 raffle ticket. They were also afraid of liability and law suit happy people who may come along and the comp was always free to avoid any issues with the possibility of a sprained ankle or other injury. The club took donations for the raffle prizes and everyone was happy. Somehow the raffle ticket evolved into a entry fee and I have had concerns about the liability associated with that. When I was involved in other national organizations like the AMA of flying there was a national insurance policy in place should something come up. Is there plans or is there something in place should somebody get hurt?
ClassiCutCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 12:27 PM   #71

Right now we are not able to begin offering insurance, both RCCA and RCORVA are heavily negative in cash flow while we rebuild and reorganize. I have looked into it, and it would be possible to cover member drivers but not clubs unless they also paid for the insurance. There is a critical mass of members needed, many thousands, to be able to offer an umbrella policy. Clubs should consider waivers or their own insurance policies for events if they take money to support themselves. When it boils down to it, the person or organization that is taking money to host has to determine what the location requires. Any time there are permits required, there is typically a requirement for insurance as well.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:44 PM   #72
RCC Addict

I totally understand John...... It was something that has concerned me and in the current state of reorganization and change maybe it should be thought about. Brief story...... I was in NJ for a national race years ago when I raced boats and one of the participants jumped and tried to swim to a boat. If it hadn't been for the quick Marine in the group..... He could have drowned. The IMPBA was our national organization and they covered the event but what if he had drowned and they were sued because no safety signs and retrieval boat available? Crazy stories happen and I want event coordinators to understand and adjust accordingly. If a fee is taken then things change and I don't know if a waiver always works. I just want to play safe and keep everyone financially protected. Some of the locations we comp at can be extreme and risky. Just about everything I have done hobby wise has a national organization....... So what John is doing here is quite the norm and participation is acceptable to protect the hobby.
ClassiCutCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 01:06 PM   #73
Hoof Hearted?

Our $5 "entry fee" is not a fee to compete. Anyone is able to come and compete for free. You're just not eligible for the raffle prize without the $5 ticket.
Grandmasboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:35 PM   #74
I wanna be Dave

When will the scorekeeping functions of the website be up?

We have an event Saturday. Do we just take scores normally then at some point I can turn them in to RCORVA?
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:47 PM   #75

Scoring is up and running, you enter them into your event from the management page. We are working on spreadsheets for offline computer or phone score keeping next. We have not enabled scores to be displayed on the front page last I looked, it is a priority.

Any issues, just hit us up through ORVA and we will get on it.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:41 AM   #76
I wanna be Dave

Trying to delete a posting I screwed up. I double posted CRAWLTOBERFEST. I can't seem to find out how to do it. also the most recent one did not send me to PP to check out. HELP ;)
Old 10-24-2014, 07:50 AM   #77

Right now we have some editing locked down, like deleting events. You can roll it back to an unpublished status so it isn't public if you haven't already.

We are trying new Paypal APIs, sounds like its not forcing checkout for zero cost events which is good. Email us through RCorva direct if you need more help, I'm very limited in my knowledge of the inner workings. It's all programming magic to me!
Old 10-24-2014, 09:39 AM   #78
I wanna be Dave

Email sent
Old 12-07-2014, 02:00 PM   #79
Hoof Hearted?

Is there anybody approving events on RCORVA? ETRC has an event next weekend and it still hasn't shown up on the site for people to register.
Grandmasboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 06:42 PM   #80

Not anymore, they pop up after you save it. Be sure you have all the details filled, and if so then email us though RC ORVA.

2015 RCCA / Usrcca series general info - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC Rock Crawling clubs JohnRobHolmes WRCCA Clubs 50 05-17-2017 02:25 PM
RCCA / USRCCA Nationals and Worlds Invite system JohnRobHolmes WRCCA Information 28 05-18-2015 04:32 PM
Official USRCCA 2009 Colorado winter series info 666 Colorado 33 06-21-2009 11:38 AM
2009 Official USRCCA Colorado Winter series info 666 Competitions 62 12-24-2008 03:33 PM