Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA > WRCCA Information

Notices

Thread: 2015 RCCA / Usrcca series general info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2014, 06:44 AM   #1
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Default 2015 RCCA / Usrcca series general info

Quick post to placehold and inform for a few days...

The 2015 season will not see any changes to the rule sets.

All members wishing to take place in point series will need to be members and drivers of RCorva.com

All events will need to be created and listed on the calendar at RCorva.com, to be eligible for points series.

Hosts of last years regional events and all clubs that are existing within the USRCCA will receive one coordinator position at RCorva.com, so that events can be created on the calendar.

Regional qualifiers will no longer require a fee.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2014, 01:07 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: 2015 Usrcca series

Saucy!
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 05:12 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Any thoughts on how point series in the local sanctioned clubs would/should be tied in with rcorva?
BC-Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:06 PM   #4
RCP CRAWLERS

ZoSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 02:12 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
Quick post to placehold and inform for a few days...

All members wishing to take place in point series will need to be members and drivers of RCorva.com Done

All events will need to be created and listed on the calendar at RCorva.com, to be eligible for points series. ???
I just signed up and paid my fees, quick question: Can I create and list on calendar even though I'm not president or organizer of the San Diego club? If this is not done will my points from the club not count? Any advice would be appreciated.
RCHuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 07:45 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Question..... why does it cost to sign up as a driver? Not throwing rocks just asking. I don't have a problem paying if I know where and for what the money goes.

Last edited by Beest; 09-20-2014 at 07:52 PM.
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 07:51 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

What are the minimum requirements for a Regional Qualifier?

Can I have one in 2 weeks with less than 20 drivers from 3 states?
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 08:11 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Regional qualifiers will no longer require a fee.
Does this mean qualifying for nationals/worlds is back? No more buy in?
Bc Paints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 08:33 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Lots of good questions. Looking forward to hearing all about it and more.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 10:51 PM   #10
RCC Addict

I have signed up and wouldn't mind paying the registration fee except I have no idea where my $25 is going. I get that there will be some event discounts and such but a little more info would be helpful. Especially stuff like... how long a membership does $25 get me, a month, a year, forever?

It would also be helpful to see a list of driver numbers that have already been taken, not that it really matters i guess but if you want us to try an pick one it would be helpful to know what was already taken so you don't have to try 11 times
BC-Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 02:01 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

I too would love some info on where this money is going, does it get me the right to compete in local events? Is it purchasing insurance for local events like a ROAR membership? I'm also curious if by omitting my address, I'm missing out on something? I tend to not leave my address anywhere to avoid it getting sold on some junk mail list. I'm not eluding to any malicious intent, but in my experience, anything online that wants my address and date of birth, sells my info to some marketing company. I'm all for this change, just think we need some clarity.
picklewagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:32 AM   #12

I would like to thank everybody for taking the time to ask questions and show interest in the 2015 series! The website programmer warned me to not post up that membership was open until we had gotten a good FAQ up, but this will be a great start for information that people want to see on the website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC-Brian View Post
Any thoughts on how point series in the local sanctioned clubs would/should be tied in with rcorva?
RC ORVA records competition results. Local club series' winners will naturally be evident through the results data. The points on RC ORVA is the points of USRCCA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCHuffer View Post
I just signed up and paid my fees, quick question: Can I create and list on calendar even though I'm not president or organizer of the San Diego club? If this is not done will my points from the club not count? Any advice would be appreciated.
We will be contacting existing clubs this week to assign the coordinator account. If you are not a coordinator you cannot create events. Individuals can purchase a coordinator account to host events, and would need a minimum of 6 events per year (same as clubs) to be eligible for "finals" spots. IF we see a high enough club and individual host series activity, we can begin breaking down into states again where clubs/hosts feed their top drivers into a state final. It will be very evident once we get event data in RC ORVA, we can easily see if all series' can have "finals" spots awarded or if we need some shootouts to narrow it down further. Sort of chicken and egg problem today, but will be easy to know soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beest View Post
Question..... why does it cost to sign up as a driver? Not throwing rocks just asking. I don't have a problem paying if I know where and for what the money goes.
The creation of RC ORVA has not been free, it has taken a lot of coding and time. The first memberships and ticket sales will go direct to paying off the site development and upkeep. After that, we will start putting cash towards media, advertising, and hosting of a National and Worlds finals next year. 100% of the money that goes into RC ORVA will be used to run itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post

We are currently scrutinizing the regional qualifier system and will have a succinct points system within a week. In place of finals spots, we could award higher points to these larger events based on attendance. So if a driver can take the 6 best scores for his overall points, larger events will naturally boost his international driver rating. In this way, a Regionals would only be as good as the hosts ability to bring in competitors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bc Paints View Post
Does this mean qualifying for nationals/worlds is back? No more buy in?
IF there is strong enough attendance and driver demand for a complete qualifying system then we can indeed have a full blown National or Worlds Finals. If not, we will give highest qualified drivers first dibs on tickets and allow buy-ins for the balance. It would not be a true finals, but still allow for the highest caliber yearly event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC-Brian View Post
I have signed up and wouldn't mind paying the registration fee except I have no idea where my $25 is going. I get that there will be some event discounts and such but a little more info would be helpful. Especially stuff like... how long a membership does $25 get me, a month, a year, forever?

It would also be helpful to see a list of driver numbers that have already been taken, not that it really matters i guess but if you want us to try an pick one it would be helpful to know what was already taken so you don't have to try 11 times

The membership is yearly. See my above response in regard to what the driver fee will be used for. We will have a driver list and more detailed membership information on the site very shortly, it is on the "big list" of todo's this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklewagon View Post
I too would love some info on where this money is going, does it get me the right to compete in local events? Is it purchasing insurance for local events like a ROAR membership? I'm also curious if by omitting my address, I'm missing out on something? I tend to not leave my address anywhere to avoid it getting sold on some junk mail list. I'm not eluding to any malicious intent, but in my experience, anything online that wants my address and date of birth, sells my info to some marketing company. I'm all for this change, just think we need some clarity.
You do not have to be a member to compete in local events, but you do have to be a member of RC ORVA to take part in the points system. We will not supply insurance for events at this time, but we have looked into it as an option if membership is enough to support it in the future. If you do not supply your address during sign up, we won't be able to send you your driver lanyards or anything that is won during member giveaways! The member data is going to be held very tightly and not sold to other marketing companies, as already stated on the website. We value your privacy as much as our own!

Hope this answers questions well enough. This next week will have a lot more information posted to the site and we will include everything that has been asked here today.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:38 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes;
We are currently scrutinizing the regional qualifier system and will have a succinct points system within a week. In place of finals spots, we could award higher points to these larger events based on attendance. So if a driver can take the 6 best scores for his overall points, larger events will naturally boost his international driver rating. In this way, a Regionals would only be as good as the hosts ability to bring in competitors.
Some areas have greater driver density, and I would hate to see those areas run away with the points. Multiple events in area might also pull numbers down from one another. Also last year a club called me last year on Friday wanting to turn a club comp on Saturday into a Qualifer. I did not let them, but I see the no pay system creating that type of situation more often. Not saying it's good or bad just something you might consider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes;
IF there is strong enough attendance and driver demand for a complete qualifying system then we can indeed have a full blown National or Worlds Finals. If not, we will give highest qualified drivers first dibs on tickets and allow buy-ins for the balance. It would not be a true finals, but still allow for the highest caliber yearly event.
Sounds like Worlds and Nationals could be separated into 2 events! If so It will be interesting logistical problem to solve.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:45 AM   #14

The club/ state system is already in place to balance low populous aras with higher ones. Without a weighted system there is no incentive for a "regional" host to improve events. If I guaranteed two spots for another ECC you have no reason to make it better. If your single event is graded based on how well you draw a crowd in relation to other events in your region, it makes you work for it.

This is standard in many other systems, I'm just looking at what has worked for others to weed out crappy events that seem legit online. Driver attendance is a vote in support of the event and the host. In the long term it would benefit drivers the most and put pressure on hosts to actually expose their event.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:42 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Will the new sanctioning body set the prices for the qualifiers? Seems to me the more drivers that show should lower the buy in prices.

Last edited by Beest; 09-21-2014 at 02:58 PM.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:56 PM   #16

Quote:

I thought this was in jest, but I'll answer it directly anyway. If we were giving out finals spots today I would ask where the event media is, what has been done to pull in attendees worthy of a qualifier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beest View Post
Will the new sanctioning body set the prices for the qualifiers? Seems to me the more drivers that show should lower the buy in prices.
Nothing of the sort. Each event will have its own costs to run and perks the host offers. Trying to regulate prices would quickly deter them from happening at all.
Old 09-21-2014, 05:17 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:

Nothing of the sort. Each event will have its own costs to run and perks the host offers. Trying to regulate prices would quickly deter them from happening at all.
Good deal. I've seen local folks pass on qualifiers because of cost of entry. They would rather go to a track race because its 60$+ just to run a few courses. Where as they can race all day for 20$ or so at the track.

Last edited by Beest; 09-21-2014 at 05:20 PM.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:53 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I thought this was in jest, but I'll answer it directly anyway. If we were giving out finals spots today I would ask where the event media is, what has been done to pull in attendees worthy of a qualifier?
I was some what serious, and somewhat hypothetical. Obviously I personally don't intend to host an event anytime soon. I do see the possibility of an impromptu qualifier being tried without some sort of restriction, and requiring media coverage would definitely cause some advance planning.

Hopefully the new organization will be able to help with this because a skill set I am sure many are still lacking when it comes time to planning a new event.

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 09-21-2014 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:54 PM   #19
RcBros Hobbies

Quote:
We will be contacting existing clubs this week to assign the coordinator account. If you are not a coordinator you cannot create events.
John,
For our club our scale side and comp side are two different departments if you will. Meaning two different coordinators. I'm not sure if this rule is set in stone, but only being allowed one will be a logistical nightmare in our case.

I'm sure this can be easily addressed. We are now in the processing of also reworking our forum to cater to our members.
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 07:52 PM   #20

Quote:
Hopefully the new organization will be able to help with (event promotion) because (it is) a skill set I am sure many are still lacking when it comes time to planning a new event.
That is exactly why I am mandating Usrcca events to be ran through RC ORVA. We will strive for an easy to read calendar, map, and list of events. But we can't help lazy or hosts without a creative flair, it will still take effort to host an event worth attending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcBro View Post
John,
For our club our scale side and comp side are two different departments if you will. Meaning two different coordinators. I'm not sure if this rule is set in stone, but only being allowed one will be a logistical nightmare in our case.

I'm sure this can be easily addressed. We are now in the processing of also reworking our forum to cater to our members.
Anybody can be a coordinator on RC orva, the Usrcca is just eating the costs for the club system. We would be more than happy to see scale and comp events together, and if you can work out a single coordinator for all local events it would be awesome!

2015 RCCA / Usrcca series general info - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC Rock Crawling clubs JohnRobHolmes WRCCA Clubs 50 05-17-2017 02:25 PM
RCCA / USRCCA Nationals and Worlds Invite system JohnRobHolmes WRCCA Information 28 05-18-2015 04:32 PM
Official USRCCA 2009 Colorado winter series info 666 Colorado 33 06-21-2009 11:38 AM
2009 Official USRCCA Colorado Winter series info 666 Competitions 62 12-24-2008 03:33 PM