Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA > WRCCA Information

Notices

Thread: 2015 RCCA / Usrcca series general info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2014, 09:41 AM   #41
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Default Re: 2015 Usrcca series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jslick View Post
What places is rcorva going to use to promote all the events? RCC is a very limited area for promotion. I know that an area of concern in the past with qualifier fees was what promotion is there? If this is to succeed and grow we need to reach a wider audience. So with RECON G6 on board are companies like axial going to help out in any way?
RCC, facebook, and magazines to start. There is no qualifier fees.

We can start getting sponsors involved directly through ORVA once we have established membership and data showing who does what/when/where. Right now they want to see data, and starting out fresh there is none. That is another reason it is very important to post up your comps or get togethers even if it is just a few people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTwin v2 View Post
Will we be able to go back in afterward and enter an event?

We have a comp tomorrow and I was hoping to take advantage of the RCORVA system, but haven't been able to get signed up as an event coordinator to set it up.

Yes, you can backlog events and data. I'm not in the position to enable accounts right now or I would do so for you.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2014, 09:47 AM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
Yes, you can backlog events and data. I'm not in the position to enable accounts right now or I would do so for you.
Great news! You da man!
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 07:19 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
You will at least need to register on the site and we will make you a coordinator if you are the person in charge of your clubs events. If you are a driver, then set up your account as a driver and we will make you a coordinator too.

Get togethers are nothing more than hanging out, they do not receive series points. We have made them just like a comp on the site so that people will know what sort of rigs and driving types will be around.

I would suggest that all people at the event register for your event through RC ORVA so that you can benefit from premade drivers lists and score sheets. They do not have to be members and there is no fees involved for them if you are not selling tickets through RC ORVA. If they do not register through the site you will have a lot more work for yourself and your event won't hold as much "weight" of driver attendance. Any person who decides to become a Driver at a later date can get all the seasons points they have accumulated IF they are at least registered on the site.

We will be starting the club coordinator accounts today.
How will we know when our club coordinator account has been created? I submitted our club info in the contacts thread, and I have registered and joined RCORVA.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 08:50 PM   #44
Hoof Hearted?

Quote:
Get togethers are nothing more than hanging out, they do not receive series points.
Quote:

Club events will count towards point series'.

So which one is it? Do our monthly comps count for points toward Nats/Worlds or not?
Grandmasboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 10:11 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmasboy View Post
So which one is it? Do our monthly comps count for points toward Nats/Worlds or not?
Monthly comps, which can only be entered by an event coordinator, count. Get togethers, which any registered driver can set up, do not.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 08:03 AM   #46
Hoof Hearted?

That makes sense.
Grandmasboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 09:17 AM   #47

Hi Everyone,

My buddy and I are in the process of getting some land use in a state park where I live. In order to do this we need to get all of our duck in line and one of their issues they are having is speed. We are wanting to build a crawler course and the park authorities are on board, they showed us the land today. Is there any specific turn to turn motors that you guys have to have specifically by your rules? Thanks for any help

Last edited by crawdaddy07; 09-28-2014 at 10:44 AM.
crawdaddy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 06:28 PM   #48

There are no motor turn limits. Most competitive Usrcca drivers run between 1500 and 2700 kv motors, or 35 to 27t in one of our motor lines.

I shipped out some contract motors today, they have been taking the majority of my time. I'll go through the club list tomorrow and start on publishing the informations and lists we have been discussing here.
Old 09-30-2014, 03:34 PM   #49

Trying to modify users and pages without much luck today, the back end needs some tweaks for full functionality. Tomorrow morning I'll be meeting with the developer so we can go over and resolve my controls interface.

So in the mean time, ask if there are any more questions and I'll start fleshing out the documentations.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:46 PM   #50
Rock Crawler

I have been trying to delete my duplicate comp event, but the delete button doesn't do anything. Thanks
M_ENERGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 11:46 PM   #51
RCC Addict

Also, when will it be live to go back and edit events? I have been working on the event flyer/posters and would like to go back and add one to our current event listing.

**EDIT**
Figured out how to add the photo!!

Last edited by PaloAltoK5; 10-02-2014 at 12:01 AM.
PaloAltoK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 11:15 AM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaloAltoK5 View Post
Also, when will it be live to go back and edit events? I have been working on the event flyer/posters and would like to go back and add one to our current event listing.

**EDIT**
Figured out how to add the photo!!
Are you guys posting get togethers our events? How are you creating events?
Old 10-04-2014, 08:50 PM   #53
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
Are you guys posting get togethers our events? How are you creating events?
We are submitting events, but as of when we did, they were reviewed then posted by JRH's admin staff after approval.
PaloAltoK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 08:57 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaloAltoK5 View Post
We are submitting events, but as of when we did, they were reviewed then posted by JRH's admin staff after approval.
Right. But how did you post an event? Did you register add a coordinator? If I am going to coordinate for my club, should I just go ahead and register add a coordinator or wait to hear from JRH?
Old 10-05-2014, 11:15 AM   #55
Rock Crawler

Harvo I registered as a driver and JRH added me as a coordinator for our area. I just checked on there on day and I had access to adding events.
M_ENERGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:27 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

what is the reason it goes to PP when I create an event?? I hope we are not going to have to pay a fee to RCORVA for each event we hold.

Last edited by Jslick; 10-07-2014 at 01:32 PM.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 03:51 PM   #57

It's an automatic hook for events that have fees, for example if we were going to charge for a regional (we are not). It should also say $0 in the cart and if you tried to complete the pp transaction it would have no value. We haven't figured out how to avoid the automatic pp jump while keeping the ability of event fees. There are other organizing bodies that need the option.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:53 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
Right. But how did you post an event? Did you register add a coordinator? If I am going to coordinate for my club, should I just go ahead and register add a coordinator or wait to hear from JRH?
Email through rcorva if you are your club coordinator but didnt get enabled. Everybody should be covered but mistakes do happen!
Old 10-07-2014, 04:48 PM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
It's an automatic hook for events that have fees, for example if we were going to charge for a regional (we are not). It should also say $0 in the cart and if you tried to complete the pp transaction it would have no value. We haven't figured out how to avoid the automatic pp jump while keeping the ability of event fees. There are other organizing bodies that need the option.
Good to know that would be a total deal breaker in my mind if we would have to pay RCORVA to hold our own comps for our club.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 07:16 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Email through rcorva if you are your club coordinator but didnt get enabled. Everybody should be covered but mistakes do happen!

Apparently I am not a coordinator and I could not find any email links on the entire site. At all. Please help me

EDIT: So I tried to register as a Coordinator because I could not find any other links for contacting RCORVA. It said I was submitted but then asked me to pay. I already registered and paid as a driver. I am coordinating for ETRC so I'm not supposed to pay for that.

Suggestion... add a "contact us" link on the website.

Edit again: got an email after I closed without paying. There was an email link there.

Last edited by Harvo; 10-07-2014 at 07:30 PM.

2015 RCCA / Usrcca series general info - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC Rock Crawling clubs JohnRobHolmes WRCCA Clubs 50 05-17-2017 02:25 PM
RCCA / USRCCA Nationals and Worlds Invite system JohnRobHolmes WRCCA Information 28 05-18-2015 04:32 PM
Official USRCCA 2009 Colorado winter series info 666 Colorado 33 06-21-2009 11:38 AM
2009 Official USRCCA Colorado Winter series info 666 Competitions 62 12-24-2008 03:33 PM