Notices

Thread: Legal Body Panels Help Guide and Disscussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 02:27 PM   #141
no talent hack

Default Re: Legal Body Panels Help Guide and Disscussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post

Yes the 1st year at the helm of the USRCCA has been a little overwhelming and I am failing in several areas. In fact I just got off the phone with JRH who has given me some valuable advice and offers to help on press release and promotions. I am also trying to secure the west coast location for 2013 Nationals.

As far as artzicap, hardknockz, and rowdy racing suspiciously being added to rules committee. Their additions were already in progress BEFORE any post were made on the topic. I was not involved with any team drivers being added to Rules Committee, so you will have to ask them about being under my control.

As far as current Rules Committee members are concern, we are going under some restructuring. 905% had nothing to do with recent posts.

Rules Committee members have been instructed to work with any driver with a concerns or questions. We are moving towards finding new members that are active in Rules threads, participate at the bigger events and can make intelligent well written posts. Like you said I need help, and I was in the process (admittedly I was taking too long) of recruiting new members that actually help. I don't want to be the goto guy any more....I need a dozen goto guys the will give the same answer as the next guy not start an argument. IMO Rules Committee members SHOULD argue in Rules forum, but answer rules questions the same.

Yall can keep flaming me if you want, but hopefully you guys will give a chance to address some of you concerns. Its going to take some time, but I am working on it.
Nothing I said was intended to be taken as flaming. I usually just sit back and watch things unfold, but felt it was time to say something.

First off, I am really happy to see acknowledgement that it is too much work for one person to do. It's a step in the right direction that needs to be followed through on. There is no way one person would be able to do everything needed to run an entire sanctioning body and make it succeed.

All of my statements on rules committee was based strictly on observation, the observation still stands whether or not the new members were inducted today, last month, or last year; the pattern is still there. Also, removing krawlfreak for starting a controversial discussion goes against exactly what you said you wanted in a committee member. I still believe there needs to be members there from a larger spectrum of the comp crawling spectrum including both small and large vendors, top drivers, new drivers, judges, and event organizers. I understand that more members might make it harder to make quick decisions, they will however make it easier to make the best decisions.

I do believe that deleting the threads were the wrong way to approach the situation. It comes off as trying to hide a problem instead of acknowledging it. Certain things need to be uncensored, the opinion of the people who make RCC and the USRCCA possible is one of them

I also want to add that RC Crawling in general is facing a double edged sword at the moment. People don't want to put in the time, because others don't want to put in the effort. I am friends and or know many people in RC related media, and whenever I ask about crawling related coverage I get the same 2 responses; "we weren't approached about the event" or "no one has shown that there is any current interest." This is one of the issues needing addressing. Not only for the growth of the hobby but as a way to thank the vendors and drivers who have spent their money to support this segment of the hobby market

As I have told you before for many years, I am happy to volunteer my assistance for anything you need assistance in. It was previously related to rules committee when you were solely in charge of that, and now includes anything usrcca related. If you ask and I am able to do it, I will. I want to see this segment of the RC industry grow, and will always do anything in my power to help. There is still time to turn this around, but things need to start now.

Last edited by Nabil; 11-26-2012 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Damn autocorrect
Nabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2012, 02:31 PM   #142
I wanna be Dave

Well said Mr. Jamali
TURBOFEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #143
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabil View Post
As I have told you before for many years, I am happy to volunteer my assistance for anything you need assistance in. It was previously related to rules committee when you were solely in charge of that, and now includes anything usrcca related. If you ask and I am able to do it, I will. I want to see this segment of the RC industry grow, and will always do anything in my power to help. There is still time to turn this around, but things need to start now.
Other than being a good driver I have no idea what skills you have. The USRCCA does need a spokes model.

Seriously you need to call me back when I call you. I have had several things I want to run by you but you never called me back.

Not blaming you in anyway, but I have reached out several times.
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:26 PM   #144
no talent hack

I don't have a phone number for you in my phone, and don't recall any voicemails ever. I feel for some reason the only contact outside of events we have ever had is through pm. You might have the wrong number for me. Also, I don't answer calls from numbers I don't know but will always call back after business hours to find out who or what called me. I am sending you my current number now, I would appreciate if you did the same

Last edited by Nabil; 11-26-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Nabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:10 PM   #145
Hoof Hearted?

I normally don't get in on big debates, but something just jumped out at me while reading through this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC-Brian View Post
This is a pretty good definition of a Body.

Body: A single piece of material, formed to represent a 1:1 vehicle, consisting of a hood, roof, and two side panels.

That being said I would have a hard time calling what I made something other than a body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC-Brian View Post
Have we still got a body...?

I say yes, we still have a body. Even though you cut out the roof, windows, hood, and sides, it is still a single piece of material. By what you quoted a body is, this fits that definition.

That being said, I applaud you for being innovative and trying to find the edge, I just think you went a little past the edge with this one.
Grandmasboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:23 PM   #146
dnf

That definition can be one defintion of a body, but that defintion can also define more than just a body.

That definiton can describe a unibody, which falls under the bodiless deminsions.

also there is noting I found in the rules stating a body must be a single piece of material

Last edited by rock hard; 11-26-2012 at 06:26 PM.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:42 PM   #147
Hoof Hearted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock hard View Post
That definition can be one defintion of a body, but that defintion can also define more than just a body.

That definiton can describe a unibody, which falls under the bodiless deminsions.

True, BUT, it's not self supporting. No link mounts, no shock mounts, no skid, so no unibody.

also there is noting I found in the rules stating a body must be a single piece of material

You are correct. There is no wording that says it must be a single piece, it does however state that it must be full original width no less than 5 inches wide, which I'm thinking this is only 3 inches wide? Besides the fact he's not trying to make a body out of multiple pieces, he's trying to use a small "body" as an upper cab.
I think with a little revision he could make this work, but as it sits, I think it's a little past the edge.
Grandmasboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #148
dnf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmasboy View Post
I think with a little revision he could make this work, but as it sits, I think it's a little past the edge.
It actually doesnt have to have a skid so it can be used as is as a unidody ( so long as the min measurments are meet ), it may not hande the abuse, but I saw many carbon fiber cabs and chassis that also was unable to handle the abuse of a hard hit, and even one balsa prototype.

Last edited by rock hard; 11-26-2012 at 07:26 PM.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:04 AM   #149

Hi having a question about the CK reptile chassis. (I have read this thread but couldnt find any thing, if i missed it im sorry)
Does the "window" plate count as a side panel?
gooserools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:14 AM   #150
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooserools View Post
Hi having a question about the CK reptile chassis. (I have read this thread but couldnt find any thing, if i missed it im sorry)
Does the "window" plate count as a side panel?
yes

as long as it meets the size requirements.
krawlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:38 PM   #151
Rock Crawler

i'm trying to put a new body on my 1.9 and would like to know if this is against the rule 2.1.5. am i measuring right based on the hood to cab definition.

thanks

sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:22 PM   #152
Rock Crawler

I have seen this before but didn't know if it was legal....so if the side panel is mounted on the inside of the cab allowing you to see a different color through the cutouts of the chassis is it still legal or does the panel have to be on the exterior of the chassis? I can post pics to help clarify my question if needed.
M_ENERGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:21 AM   #153
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_ENERGY View Post
I have seen this before but didn't know if it was legal....so if the side panel is mounted on the inside of the cab allowing you to see a different color through the cutouts of the chassis is it still legal or does the panel have to be on the exterior of the chassis? I can post pics to help clarify my question if needed.
I'm sorry you haven't gotten a response yet. I'll post up in the committee.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:39 PM   #154
Rock Crawler

I was putting my new panels on for the worlds and thought I would go for a different look.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:22 AM   #155
I wanna be Dave

After reading the rules more closely, I think the answer comes from:

▪ 2.1.5.4 - All panels (roof, hood, and sides) must have at least 2x measurements greater than 1", and a minimum of 3.5 square inches of exposed solid surface area.

The key words being Exposed Solid Surface Area. If the panels are mounted inside the chassis plates, you'd need an opening in the side large enough to fit within that rule.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:07 AM   #156
Rock Crawler

Thanks! I played it safe and put a clear panel on the outside and mounted my painted one on the inside.
Old 03-23-2018, 10:17 PM   #157
I wanna be Dave

How is this body legal with out a cab?

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Last edited by tapped-out; 03-24-2018 at 10:43 AM.
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 07:20 AM   #158
I wanna be Dave

Where does it say “roof”
Says cab....... sounds like a NASCAR interpretation

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 10:28 AM   #159
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Where does it say “roof”

Hang up and Drive
Just go off of my post. All others post are about another subject.
I'll edit out "roof-line"

Last edited by tapped-out; 03-24-2018 at 10:43 AM.
Old 05-13-2018, 12:28 PM   #160
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapped-out View Post
How is this body legal with out a cab?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Where does it say “roof”

Hang up and Drive
SECTION 6: Glossary of Terms state "integrating Roof"

SECTION 6: Glossary of Terms

Body: Formed as a single piece of seamless rigid material, integrating Roof, Door (sides), and Hood sections.

Legal Body Panels Help Guide and Disscussion - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is this body legal? Trinity WRCCA Rules 9 05-19-2009 12:56 AM
Legal body Ansio Newbie General 2 02-05-2009 07:17 PM
wb body guide? c0astie31 Paint and Body 1 02-19-2008 01:56 PM
Is this body legal? John General Crawlers 14 12-04-2007 08:00 PM