Notices

Thread: Utah Crawling Atlas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 12:41 AM   #21
Gold Star Baby!

Default Re: Utah Crawling Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
I'll have to hit that place up, I live about 15minutes away from there.
If you do, hit me up.... I will meet up with ya.
redrokin00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manfjourde View Post
x2 for 9th in Ogden!
I was able to make it up there today and it was awesome! Here are some pics. Drive to the top of 9th, park on the side of the road at the gate. Walk through the gate on the blacktop past the 2 little buildings, immmediately turn left, then right at the fence. Follow the trail up, cross a dirt road, follow the trail and you're there! The little red lines are where I walked and the dots are where I crawled.
we practice DH skateboarding on that hill
heinie_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:35 PM   #23

Default Re: Ogden Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter22 View Post
If you are up in the ogden area (Or the space on the map between Idaho and Salt lake that these guys refuse to talk about) Sandridge park in Roy is awsome and the top of 9th street.
Thanks for this, my boy and I killed 3-4 hours there today. Lots of fun rocks, but the mosquitos were starting to get bad. Was so nice to be able to be in the shade too.

Heritage park in Clearfield has some good spots to mess around on also, but no shade.

Last edited by olywrestle; 06-02-2012 at 10:37 PM.
olywrestle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:43 AM   #24
Pebble Pounder

check out our map section on the "Utah Scale Crawlers Alliance" USCA MAPS SECTION
spacecase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Have any of you been to 3 peaks around cedar city? I'd like to go and am wondering where is good or what the GPS are. Thanks.
Manfjourde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:40 PM   #26
Pebble Pounder

Is there any spots at the north end of the salt lake valley?
jeepgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:53 PM   #27

Thanks everybody for all the sugestions! I cant wait to go hit them up!! I just picked up a venom creeper but I have no idea if its an ok crawler or how to set it up! When I got it it didnt seam to flex at all so i took out the inner springs then cut the outer springs so it wouldnt ride so tall! Now it flexes awsome but im not sure if thats all you need to do or if thats what you want it to do? it really torqe flexes now which i imagine cant be too good. any sugestions? im not new to rcs just crawling!
1chris311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:39 PM   #28

Antelope Island
GPS:
Map: Antelope Island, Davis, UT - Google Maps

Egg island overlook is where my son and I went. Lots and lots of rock, good for comp, scale, and even some good areas for short course.

Rock is a quartzite similar to Big cottonwood canyon. Awesome traction. Watch out for snakes.

I forgot a camera, sorry, will get pics next time I go out.

No shade!

I live right by the island, and would be happy to go out there anytime. Hit me up.
olywrestle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:42 PM   #29

Hey steele42 how often do you head to the geyser in green river?
SctraX10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SctraX10 View Post
Hey steele42 how often do you head to the geyser in green river?
Not as often as I would like. It's probably been a year sense I've been. I've been in the area with other hobbies, but not to the geyser with the RC's
steele42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:38 PM   #31

Shoot me a pm, and well hook up down there man, I go down there sometimes
Old 01-18-2016, 02:41 PM   #32

Default Re: Kiwanis Park, Pl. Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrty View Post
I went here with a couple guys yesterday. We did not find much there, a couple of small but fun spots by the stream. How much more is around there?
Durrty,
I live in the area and could show you some places up there when the snow melts if you would like to meet up. Always looking for new people to crawl with.
NewUserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 12:08 AM   #33
RCC Addict

I'm in Price for a week visiting friends.
Thanks for this thread guys!
Brought 4 rigs out to get on some rocks.

Going to try to hit Crystal Spring in Green River tomorrow afternoon I think if we can't make it to Arches NP.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
gbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 07:19 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

Hey guys, if I was to drive 1500 miles to Utah, what are the most epic crawl spots I would want to hit?
Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 03:32 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super View Post
Hey guys, if I was to drive 1500 miles to Utah, what are the most epic crawl spots I would want to hit?
Utah is big and some of the great spots are in different areas and corners of the state ...like 3-5 hours apart depending on where you are and where you're headed.

That being said, Pioneer park in St. George has to be one of the greatest places on the planet to crawl. This is a sandstone area with obstacles and options non-stop as apposed to a trail area. There are other great spots around St. George as well as trails; but, this crawl spot is unreal.

St. George is 13 miles from the border of Arizona in the Southwest corner of the state.

About an hour north on I-15, you'll find a spot in Cedar City called 3 Peaks. also a great spot. rock outcrops litter the area. This is also a play spot with lines and obstacles more than a trail.

4-5 hours east across the state you'll end up in Moab. Moab is a mecca for 1:1 jeeping and off roading along with many other outdoor activities. Moab is home to Arches and Canyonlands national parks and the terrain is all sandstone. There are hundreds of miles of marked legitimate 4X4 trails in Moab aside from biking and hiking trails. Moab rim is one of my favorites. The trail head is located like 5 minutes from town. It is one of my favorite trails for hiking with my RC.

Just like St. George, there are other spots around Moab. Almost any of the Jeep trails on Sandstone would be fun for RC crawling. You could spend a week here and not get bored.

Salt Lake City is north. About an hour out of the city there is a spot called Little Moab. This is another play area with outcrops and obstacles more than a trail.

Unlike most large cities, Salt Lake literally sits right against the foothills of large mountains. You can be on a trail in 10 minutes. There are countless hiking trails along the Wasatch Front (mountain range running along the East side of the city) that are awesome to hike and drive RC.

If you are serious about coming out, someone can provide more details and info about these spots. If you check out my Bomber or SCX10 II thread you will find pictures and trip reports of a few of these areas.

Beginner's Bomber Build - What I've Learned and Help I Need

Powder4breakfast SCX10 II Thread
powder4breakfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 03:46 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

Outstanding info, thanks!
I am talking with a buddy about going out your direction this summer. He had mentioned Moab but we haven't discussed it in detail yet.
Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 07:37 PM   #37

There's a ton of good crawling spots within a few hours from me. I live in carbon county
Old 06-07-2017, 03:05 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by powder4breakfast View Post
Utah is big and some of the great spots are in different areas and corners of the state ...like 3-5 hours apart depending on where you are and where you're headed.
Thanks for posting this! We're heading out there end of the month and I really wanted to take the trucks but I'm paranoid about getting harrassed by Ranger Rick in nat'l parks...was hoping I could find some local flavor trailing/crawling input. We're planning on hitting Bryce and Zion but it looks like we'll be going a bit further SW for Pioneer Park to break the rigs out.
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 03:39 PM   #39
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mtech View Post
Thanks for posting this! We're heading out there end of the month and I really wanted to take the trucks but I'm paranoid about getting harrassed by Ranger Rick in nat'l parks...was hoping I could find some local flavor trailing/crawling input. We're planning on hitting Bryce and Zion but it looks like we'll be going a bit further SW for Pioneer Park to break the rigs out.
I had zero problems at Arches National Park.
The rules state no flying RC equipment and stay on hard rock when going off trail.

gbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 04:23 PM   #40
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbean View Post
I had zero problems at Arches National Park.
The rules state no flying RC equipment and stay on hard rock when going off trail.

Cool, thanks. Nice that they stipulate aircraft there. Here they whine about "motorized vehicles" <smh>

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote