RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Utah (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/utah/)
-   -   801RCC Systematic Sundays (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/utah/113785-801rcc-systematic-sundays.html)

NaZ-T 04-06-2008 11:01 AM

801RCC Systematic Sundays

Now that warmer weather is here. It's Crawling season!!!!
I think Sunday is the most common day people go crawling, so with that being said this thread is for the regular 801RCC Sunday outings. Hope to see everyones Sunday updates as to were they went and who was there and such.

This kinda being the 1st official outing. I think a bunch of the 801RCC crew is planning on hitting Lil Moab this Sunday (4/06/08) for some test and tune and some good practice for the "Fools Day Fallout".

See ya on the rox

jason 04-06-2008 11:23 AM

Is systematic sunday to get you all prepped for just another manic monday?

It's just another manic Monday (oh-woe)
I wish it was Sunday (oh-woe)
'Cause that's my Funday (oh-woe)
My I don't have to runday (oh)
It's just another manic Monday.

NaZ-T 04-08-2008 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason (Post 1129473)
Is systematic sunday to get you all prepped for just another manic monday?

It's just another manic Monday (oh-woe)
I wish it was Sunday (oh-woe)
'Cause that's my Funday (oh-woe)
My I don't have to runday (oh)
It's just another manic Monday.

:lol: :lol: Now I'm singin it too

NaZ-T 04-08-2008 01:56 AM

-4/06/07-

Wow!!.. That's all I can say... (that wouldn't be much of an up date)

Awesome showing from the 801RCC crew today. I've seen comps with smaller turnouts. Let's see if I can remember everyone that was out at Lil Moab. DeanO, Superboy, Snowman, Roar, Utefly, Mac10, Jesus, Porkchop, J-Rad, Scooter, Tyson, Tunner, Thi, Pope, Chewy, and myself. Sorry if I missed anyone.

The weather was real nice. It got a bit nippy just B4 sundown, but not too bad.
I logged more drive time Sunday than I've ever logged in 1 day. Snowman, DeanO and myself ran 5/6 packs. I think everyone got in some real good runs. Superboy stripped out a coller on his new VF Dig, so he had to lock it out. Maybe he'll get it working in time for the comp this weekend. Chewy broke a steering knuckle, but Pope had him fixed up in no time. Roar lost a driveline but just had to tighten up the set screw to get him going again. DeanO and Myself had to tighten up a couple of CVD pins but no breakage. I did play with some link geometry and did some minor shock adjustments. I think Agent J is ready for the comp Smile I'm sure there was more carnage but that the ones I know about.

As usual we got to see a bunch of 1:1's take on some brutal lines too. made for an awesome outing..

Thanks everyone for coming out, and Good luck at the comp.

See ya on the rox.

NaZ-T 04-24-2008 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeanO
Well another great sunday at the rock, Naz-T did not make it out he was with the his wife, Me, Tim, Phase, Tiny and Ape. We all that made it out ape came out after work and forgot his radio so he did not crawl, But he did let me mound up his new set of proline hammers on Carbon Dee and give them a try. But shortly after the first few feet I lost a king pin putting Carbon Dee out for the day. Tim hit a rock and shaved his rear diff spilling out diff oil all over the rocks. Tiny came out and threw down a pack and tested out his new VF dig. Phase discovered he needed to add more weight to his tires and to lower his rig a little Ape kicked his self for not bringing out his radio. And I discovered that after over 2 years on the same servo that it's time for a new one. And all of us realized real quick how cold it was. Oh except Tiny, But he did put on a jacket, I think it was just to fit in. HA HA HA. But it being 420 yesterday I guess thats why we did not see some of you. See you next Sunday out on the rocks

DeanO

Again thanks for the update, Surferboy

NaZ-T 04-28-2008 06:27 PM

-4/27/08-

Man what a day at Black Rock!!
We had a awesome turnout

-Drivers-
Xjman, Phase, Ape, Tater, Heavy, Frank, Allshow, Roar, Tiny, Utefly, DeanO, Noah, Shatitude, DT, NazT.
Sorry if I miised anyone

We got in a ton of real good crawlin. Kev and Tater even had 2 courses set up to practice runnin through some gates. We spent most of the day running follow the leader stuff, so we could compare our setups and coach each other through some of the harder obstacles. There was some sweet lines pulled off today. Xjman and Utefly were testing out some Flat Irons. Xjman had switched to Claws after 1 pack though. Utefly ran his the whole day. and said they were getting better the more he ran them (tipical Pro-lines). The general thought is that the Flat Irons will really start to shine on the Slick Rock. We had a killer day of crawlin. I logged a full 3 packs. It was cool to hit a real difficult line and then see how another rig would react on the same line and then compare setups.

As for carnage Ape had a broken Y-link by the time I arrived. Utefly had a drive line pop off. I know DT broke too and was down for a bit but not sure on what though. I'm sure there was more carnage but thats all I can remember.

I had a great time crawlin and hangin with everyone. Hope to see everyone at the next gathering.

See ya on the rox

P.S. One of todays high lights was watching an Explorer drive way out into the lake only to get suck up to the frame in the sand. They tried for hours to dig him out with no success. When the tow truck finally arrived he only made it a few feet out and he to got stuck they had a big Chevy help pull him out. As soon as he was out he got stuck again. The Chevy helped pull the tow truck most of the way out to the Explorer. After they finally got the Explorer out of the sand, they tried to drive the tow truck out. It wasn't going anywhere even if with the help of the Chevy. They had to have a bigger tow truck come out to try and pull the 1st tow truck out but this wasn't going to be easy considering he was a good 500+ feet out there. After the 2nd tow truck arrived we left cause it was well past dark and getting late. Maybe we'll see a tow truck still stuck out there on Wednesday :lol:

NaZ-T 05-05-2008 12:31 AM

-5/3/08-

Great weekend out at Lil Moab guys!!

-Drivers-
Roar, Monster, NazT, Bob, Tunner, DeanO, Phase, Dan, Freddy, Xman, Utefly, Chewy, there were 2 other guys with Freddy and Dan but I can't remember their names and there was 2 new guys out also, sorry I forgot your names too.

Their was a bunch of crawlers out this Sunday @ Lil Maob. The weather was awesome (I got a bit sun burnt). We practiced some real hard lines and worked a bit on down hill stuff too. Utefly had on a set of Flat Irons and they looked pretty good they were still real new though. It's look'n like there are some real good setups on a lot of the rigs in our club. It's cool to see all the variety and differences in setup and driving style.

I did snap a ring gear on a long hard hit to the front tires but was back up and running in a few minutes. XJman lost his reverse on his ESC after his 1st pack so he was forced to make every line flwless with no reverses.:lol: DeanO lost a CVD pin. He took a few minutes and was back in action.

I had a ton of fun perfecting lines and hanging out with everyone. Hope to see everyone next Saturday at the "Carnage Carnival"

See ya on the rox

P.S. We found a Chiwawa (<sp) that looked like he was starving to death. We gave him some food and water and XJman took him home to give him some much needed care. Poor guy was in some bad shape. I hope he's doing better now.

NaZ-T 05-27-2008 02:04 AM

-5/25/08-

Another great day of crawling

-Drivers-
Lil Dig, DeanO, NazT, Lunchbox, Utefly, Noah, Shatitude, and a friend of Noahs (sorry I didn't get his name)

The weather was perfect for crawling. We had a little cloud cover when we first started. It even sprinkled just a bit but then cleared up and we crawled the rest of the day in the sun, with a nice little breeze to keep the bugs away.

We ran a ton of the regular lines BS'n, laughing and joking around. We laughed at some of the lines that we used to struggle with just a year or 2 ago. Man how the sport has changed over the years. Had a blast running the shoot from the last comp with everyone. Laughing about the intensity of the crowd weather silent or full of ooo's and ahh's. Thanks guys for the good times.

It was nice to meet Brian (lunchbox) Rig looks real good man. Hope to see ya a bunch more.

DeanO ripped off a rod end but just threaded it back on to finish the day. Noah snapped a 3-link and his friend broke a knuckle on Shatitudes rig he was running at the time. Sounds like he was having a blast, and in just 1 outing is already hooked on crawlin.

Had a blast today. Hope to see everyone Wednesday, if I don't make it to LM tomorrow.

See ya on the rox.

Mac10 06-01-2008 09:36 PM

I had an awesome time today.
we ran about 3 or 4 packs.
it was a pretty bad day for carnage, i know most of us had some down time fixing various things!
I bent my skid and popped out the ball end on my lower links front and rear while kartwheeling down a hill, took about 20 minutes to dismantle and straighten it all out.
got to test out the new brushless setup and skid plate I made.
I am pretty happy about how my rig is performing, I think I am going to go back to the 35t warrior though, it fits my driving style way better.
I now have about 2 1/4 GC compared to my 2" that I had before the new skid.
I am liking the little extra GC i gained, it's a little more top heavy but nothing I can't handle!
thanks to everyone that came out, I always enjoy chillin with you guys and playing follow the leader!
oh and we made the chute our bitch today!
801rcc is in my mind the best crawling club around hands down!!!"thumbsup"

NaZ-T 06-01-2008 10:14 PM

-6/01/08-

That was a great day of crawling

-Drivers-
Freddy, Kevin, XJman, NazT, Bob, Mac10, DeanO, Roar, Snowman, Tiny, Chewy, Paul, a few guys from Nephi (sorry I can't remember your names :oops:), and there was another guy named John who was there wheeling his 1:1 jeep and had a stock AX10 that he ran with us for a bit.

We ran a ton of packs today and ran a ton of real hard lines. Freddy and DeanO were testing out the new Panthers. The tires do look promising, although Freddy said he still liked his Claws better. Snowman had out his new chassis for some testing. His rig was real hooked up, I can only imagine it will be even better with shock oil :shock: Mac10 was break'n in his new skid plate he had made earlier this week. I was testing a new shock setup and had to make some tweaks after our 1st run. They weren't too bad after the change. Everyone's rigs were looking real good

My rig took a beating today. I fell about 6 feet and bent my skid and a shock mount along with breaking a hub carrier. Not sure how, but DeanO stripped his front diff gears. Roar stripped a spur gear. I know there were more but thats all I can think of right now.

I know everyone's rigs are getting better and better. I heard a few different people say, "thats the 1st time I've ever made that line".

I had a ton of fun crawling and hanging out with everyone today.

See ya on the rox

RockSurfer 06-03-2008 12:32 PM

Good time crawling good weather, and alot of run time in. I think most of us either lost something off our rigs or broke something (or a few things) but all in all it was good to get out and hit some good old lines though some of them have rocks missing now and are much harder if not possible to do. Thankyou Naz-t for the ride out.

ape 06-10-2008 11:33 AM

6/8/08

it was a great day to crawl richy,tiny,ape, snowman, richy had a friend therne but cant remember his name hit some great lines. alland all a great day on the rocks...

NaZ-T 09-21-2008 09:10 PM

-9/21/08-

Just got home from a nice Sunday drive...

-Drivers-

Tunner, J-rad, Mac10, NazT, nonstopboost, Chewy, and Pope (even though we only saw him for a sec B4 he headed off to crawl by himself) :roll:.

Well Mac10, Boost, and I hit the Chevron in Saratoga just a bit after 11:00 and spotted Tunner and J-rad. After grabbing some drinks and grub we headed to Lil Moab.
When we arrived everyone plugged in, turned on, and hit the rock. Tunner and I grabbed our Losi MRC's for our first pack of the day. With in a few min. Boost stripped out a servo horn and I quickly realized I needed more wait on my MRC. Both of us were back on the rocks after a few min. Tunner and I ran the rest of our packs without any problems (besides the stock crappy shock setup on my MRC). Meanwhile Mac10 made a few tweaks to his El Nino he had out for it's maiden run. Lookin real good Mac, some minor tweaks and it's going to be spot on. After Mac10 was ready and a troublesome repair on Tunners rig. we all headed back to the rock this time all of us with our 2.2's. Early on I snapped the back half of my axle case but without a spare I just continued crawling. It didn't seam to affect the rig much at all.
You know, for crawling at Lil Moab for 4 years we still managed to find at least 3 new lines that I've never never made/crawled B4 and all of them were real hard and crazy technical. We ran most of the day without any problems. Near the end of the day Mac10 snapped a axle case. With no repair, it put an end to his rigs day. We finished off our packs and got ready to head home. Not before I insisted Mac give the MRC a good run (like giving a crackhead their 1st hit :twisted:) I'll see ya in the morning Mac :wink: I was thoroughly impressed with the little rigs capability. Tunner was even making it up the shoot.
Had a blast running with you guys today, Hope we can get another good Lil Moab tip in B4 it gets cold. Now I need to get some shock work done on the mini.

See ya on the rox

atekt 09-24-2008 07:49 PM

Id like to come and crawl with you guys sometime. Are newb's permitted? :lol:

NaZ-T 09-27-2008 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atekt (Post 1356803)
Id like to come and crawl with you guys sometime. Are newb's permitted? :lol:

Hell yeah!! It's always nice to have new people out to crawl with us.

Mac10 11-16-2008 08:21 PM

me and nonstopboost headed out to the rock today for about 5 hours and had a blast.
there was a couple guys that were ther when we got there with their new ARTR kits, so we gave them some advice and showed them some good fun lines to do.
I can't remember their names but definately some cool dudes.
me and nick ran all the comp lines from last week and tested out our changes we made.
my rig was feeling alot better than it was at the comp, but still needs a little something more.
nicks was looking hooked up as usual.
we both broke an axle case at different times through the day! :)
I broke out Mini Me at the end of the day, and ended up kicking it around alot, cause it is definately not driving the way it used to, but the new claws are a huge step up from the bashers!

DEynon 04-30-2013 04:55 PM

Re: 801RCC Systematic Sundays

Hey guys. Im a Cali crawler but ive got family in Saratoga Springs. How far is little Moab from there?

Erik D_lux 05-01-2013 10:45 AM

Re: 801RCC Systematic Sundays

Funny how old this thread is. I thought for a minute T$ was excited about crawling again!

Saratoga springs is about 20-30min away from lil moab.