Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Utah

Notices

Thread: 801RCC Systematic Sundays '09

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2009, 02:59 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default 801RCC Systematic Sundays '09

Now that warmer weather is here. It's Crawling season!!!!
I think Sunday is the most common day people go crawling, so with that being said this thread is for the regular Sunday outings. Hope to see everyones Sunday updates as to were they went and who was there and such.

I might even try to go today, but I have to check with the wife after being gone all day yesterday for the comp. I'm going to try.
NaZ-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2009, 11:20 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Well a bunch of us are heading out tomorrow to hit the rocks. I'm pretty sure we'll be heading to Lil Moab but there was talk about going to Desert Mt too, but we'll see.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:21 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Well DeanO, Tunner, J-rad and I are going but the weather is supposed to be crap, so out of all the crawl spots Wendover looks the best so that is were we are going (it's only about 15min more diving than Lil Moab anyway) hope to see ya out there.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:45 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Weather wasn't too bad at all (if you headed west to Wendover) partly cloudy and around 50*/55*

-Drivers-
Tuner, DeanO, NazT, J-rad

Well Crawling yesterday was a blast. I'm glad I got to go especally after having to rebuild the rear end of my Mustang after I wrecked it Friday night. (I'm still amazed that I snapped the rear axle off the car and less than 24 hours later I had it back on the road, but that's a story all in it own)

With the non-stop rain we got this weekend and a few of us just dying to get out and crawl. We checked the weather reports for our common crawl spots and Wendover was looking by far the best. So we loaded our gear up in J-rads Wagoneer and headed to Wendover. After we all had burned a pack, we headed back to the car to throw our packs on a charge. Only to find the Jeep was dead. Tuner and DeanO stayed with the jeep and crawled for a bit while J-rad and I walked to get a jump. (lucky it's not very far) After getting jumped we headed a little further up the dirt road to another cool spot around the corner from the comp spot. This spot was a killer spot too. We crawled another pack and headed back to the Jeep to swap packs again, and what do ya know the Jeep is dead again. so once again J-rad and I walked while DeanO and Tuner watched the vehicle. After getting jumped the second time, we headed over to the Rainbow for dinner and some bull sh*ttin before heading home. It was a blast and even with a bit of car trouble we all had a great time, we're laughing, crawling and having a blast just hanging out it was a great day of crawling. Thanks for the good times guys

See ya on the rox.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:46 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Turned out to be a nice crawl

-Drivers-
BullinWall, Christina, NazT

Well It was just myself, BullinWall, and his fiancee today. When I arrived at Lil Moab I was surprised to see the place empty other then Bullin's Jeep on such a nice day. My rig ran pretty good today I was very pleased with it's performance. I did make a line today on my Rovers that I have only seen Panthers make prior. I even did it twice to make sure. It was nice to get to crawl with ya a bit Bullin. Hope you make it to Wendover this weekend.

CYA on the rox.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:32 PM   #6

hey guys im a newbie here and want to learn and see this hobbie first hand anyway i just got a losi MRC and wanted to know when and where you all might be going out to next.
Thanks, Ains182
ains182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:31 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

They usually head out every Wed and Sunday. Check out 801rcc.com for more info. Welcome to crawling
atekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:29 PM   #8
RCC Addict

6-14-09

Another quiet day at Lil Moab

-Drivers-
DeanO, NazT

Well DeanO and I arrived at Lil Moab around 5:30 and to our surprise it was empty (we figured at least a few people would be out for Fathers Day) We got to crawlin and spent most of our time practicing on some of the hard lines. I will say DeanO was on fire!! He made 5 lines that he had never made before and was making lines easier than I'd seen in the past. Whatever DeanO changed it was a good change. My rig felt good to we were both making some amazing crawls. After a pack in the 2.2's we got to the serious stuff, 1.9's. I had made a small tweak to my chassis last week so I was wanting to test it out. It ran real good and it was definitely better than before and I still had one more tweak in mind that J-rad and I had talked about. DeanO's mini was lookin real good too. We both ran till dark and headed home

CYA on the rox
Old 07-11-2009, 12:30 PM   #9
RCC Addict

-7/5/09-

A bit of crawlin and a hangin with the homies

-Drivers-
UteFly, DeanO, NazT, Kosta, another guy and his wife showed up and a family with 2 losi Mini's (I didn't get their names :( )

Well Utefly was fighting glitching issues all day. We did get it fixed by the end of the day (not sure what fixed it, I think it was moving the Rx) We drove around a bit on the lines near the parking lot and then stopped to watch Kosta tear it up with his chopper after that we puller out the minis and played around on a few lines. Kosta snapped a few parts in a bad fall and ended his day of crawlin. I didn't crawl a ton most of us spent the whole time shootin the breeze, but that's as good if not better than crawlin. Hope to see everyone Wednesday

Cya on the rox