Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Utah

Notices

Thread: 801RCC's Wednesday Weekly '09

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2009, 03:00 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default 801RCC's Wednesday Weekly '09

Well with winter starting to subside it's time to kick off the Crawling Season with our weekly GTG's out at Black Rock.

I usually update as to who went and who broke and how the conditions were. It would be cool to see others post their thoughts or comments about the Wednesday outings too.

See ya on the rox.
NaZ-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2009, 03:44 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Right on T, i hope to make quite a few of these
dirk379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:08 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Felt good to get out to Black Rock and get some runs in.

-Drivers-
Mike P, Roar, Chewy, NazT, DeanO, XJman, Murff Dog

Weather was spot on beautiful day of crawling. When I arrived Roar was fixing his dig, after finishing we all got crawlin. Roar was glad to have the dig working again. XJ was out testing his new rig. It was running put he said it needed a ton of tuning still. Good to see it on the rocks though. Mike P was running the 1.9 and continued to run a few packs. Just before dark he did break a link mount. He limped it around for a bit before calling it quits for the day. Chewys rig looked good and his 1.9 skills were impressive. Murff dog was lookin pretty but was only able to crawl for an hour before heading out, do to other plans. DeanO was killing lines left and right but insisted that if there were gates he wouldn't be making any lines My berg felt real good but after about 45minn I took a hard roll and snapped the stub shaft. I then switched over to the 1.9 and ran for over and hour.

I had a blast hanging out with everyone.
See ya on the rox.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:16 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Sounds like a good time! I dont know if ill be able to make these, but count me in on Sundays!
atekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:14 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Sounds Like DeanO, J-rad, Mac10, Boost, myself and possibly Roar and some others will be hitting Black Rock today for some crawling sweetness. Hope to see ya there.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:51 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Awesome day of crawling and a good turnout too.

-Drivers-
DeanO, NazT, XJman, Mac10, Boost, Roar, Tuner, WillieP, Chewy, MurfDog,

The weather was awesome and there was a slight breeze that kept the bugs off. We ran all the usual lines with tuner pushing everyone's limits a bit further by making a ridiculous wall climb and had everyone trying it for quite some time. after running a pack through the 2.2's those with MRC's stayed till 9:30 running the little guys. I was excited to finally make a sick line I had tried many times last week and was able to pull it off twice yesterday. I think I'll bring a bag of gates next week for some added practice. Thanks for coming out and I hope to see everyone again next week.

See ya on the rox.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:08 AM   #7
RCC Addict

We hit a bunch of new lines and had a great day of crawl'n

-Drivers-
Tuner, Morg59, NazT, DeanO, Superboy, Chewy

When DeanO and I arrived Tuner was already on the rocks and Morg59 was bomb'n his scaler around (that thing looked real good) we all got straight to crawl'n. We have ran Black Rock a many times. Tuner said "lets find some new lines". So we set out to try anything that looked even remotely crawlable. We hit probably 6 new lines just off of the normal lines we test on. It was fun to try stuff that you didn't think you could make, only to have the rig amaze you and make it. We burned a pack and switched over to the MRC's. Chewy took the lead taking us into some just flat out crazy stuff for the little guys. We ran till it was to dark to see what you were crawl'n and packed up about 9:15. I had a blast. Thanks for the good times.

See ya on the rox
Old 05-14-2009, 05:45 PM   #8
RCC Addict

A fine day of crawling.

-Drivers-
Kinky, Snowman, NazT, DeanO

Well KInky was there running around his 1.9 Lil Bastard chassis and trying to keep up with our Bergs. I was surprised at how good the thing ran but it looks even better. Snowman DeanO, and I ran some crazy lines. Mostly practiced and really tried to learn some of the Lines we hit with Tunner last week. I got the new update from Tekin and I will say it is very nice. I'd say the rigs run much smoother with the new settings. DeanO and I finished the night off with a MRC run. I'm still amazed at how capable they are. We ran till 9:20 before heading home. Thanks for the ride Snowman.

See ya on the rox
Old 05-20-2009, 11:51 PM   #9
RCC Addict

A relaxing day of crawling

-Drivers-
DeanO, NazT

Just DeanO and I today. We got an early start today and logged some good drive time. We ran our 2.2's for a while practicing on the usual lines and playing on the ledges near the common route. Nearing the end of our pack I was getting careless and took a spill snapping a rear axle. DeanO and I we're both looking forward to the MRC's today anyway. We wanted to hit some new lines with the MRC's so we set out o run the rocks out by the shore. It was nice to have all new lines to play on and we both had a blast. I did snap a few pic too. We ran till our packs dumped just after 9 and headed home.

See ya on the rox
Old 05-20-2009, 11:57 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Here are the pics I snapped today at Black Rock

Old 05-20-2009, 11:58 PM   #11
RCC Addict

And the rest

Old 06-07-2009, 12:31 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Not a bad day for a crawl

-Drivers-

DeanO, NazT, Superboy, Boost, Mac10

Well we spent a bunch of time shootin the sh*t before we got started. We ran around the usual loop testing on some of the harder lines. DeanO and Boost both made changes to their rigs about mid way. I took a tumble and tweaked my servo arm but was back on the rocks in a few. I have to say all rigs were lookin pretty good. Mac10 and boost were both running the new PunkRC dig unit. They were working flawlessly. While Mac10 and Boost ran their second pack DeanO, Superboy, and I grabbed the MRC's. I did get my new MIP drivelines installed on the MRC for some testing and they worked out awesome. We all headed over to "Poison Water Trail and finished off a great day of crawlin
Old 07-11-2009, 12:33 PM   #13
RCC Addict

6-24-09

First time in two weeks do to rain

-Drivers-
Mike P, Tuner, Superboy, NazT

When Superboy and I arrived Mike and Tuner were already crawlin. Mike was testing the new Losi it was lookin good but still needed some work. Tuner, Superboy, and I ran on most of the common lines and practiced a bunch on the harder lines. All the 2.2's were hooked up good we were killin lines left and right and even found a few new lines. After a pack on the 2.2's we grabbed a the 1.9's and hit "Poison Water Trail" and spent the next hour out on the rocks by the water we ran till dark and called it a day it was fun to get out with you guys. Thanks for coming

CYA on the rox
Old 07-11-2009, 12:34 PM   #14
RCC Addict

-7/01/09-

A few new line and a few good friends

-Drivers-
NazT, DeanO, MurfdDog

DeanO and I got started a bit before MurfDog arrived. We ran a new line up to the top of the "Cliffs of Insanity" then Murf joined in the fun We ran around on some of the old faithfuls and played on some newer lines too. After finishing off a whole pack, we went for some 1.9 action. I made it about 2 inches before I snapped a CVD cup (I was pinched up pretty good) Murf and DeanO crawled for a bit longer. Murf broke a couple of rod ends but they were an easy fix. When DeanO stripped out a screw on his mini motor we finally packed it up for the night (it was 9:30 by then anyway) Hope to see everyone out next Wednesday practicing for "Descent"

Cya on the rox
Old 07-11-2009, 12:34 PM   #15
RCC Addict

-7/8/09-

Great day to hang out at Black Rock

-Drivers-

NazT, DeanO, J-rad, Tuner, Boost, Catfish, Mac10, Brett

Well J-rad, and I got straight to the good stuff and started out with the MRC's, Tuner join us moments later. DeanO's MRC was down do to a bad solder joint. sso he practiced with his 2.2and shot the ssh*t with everyone. J-rad was schoolin Tuner and I with his new setup on the 1.9. We ran the hell out of the little guys for over 2 hours before Team Loco showed up we then switched up and grabbed our 2.2's. Luckly Tuner and I were able to show J-rad up on a 2.2 line so we felt better about the 1.9 beat down he gave us earlier. we finished the day off with a bit of BS'n. Then hit the road just after dark when the bugs got bad. I had a blast hope to see everyone at "Descent"

Cya on the rox
Old 07-23-2009, 06:38 PM   #16
RCC Addict

-7/22/09-

Awesome day at Black Rock, had some great scenery too

-Drivers-
Utefly, DeanO, J-rad, NazT, Brett

Was a good day J-rad DeanO, and I started off with the 1.9's and tried to keep up with Utefly's 2.2 We hit some good hard lines then took a good break while we fixed up J0-rad's steering on his little guy. Brett Showed up and got straight to the rocks. once we finished up with J-rads rig we got back on the rocks and practiced a few lines that Tim and I were struggling on last week after a while J-rad stripped the gears in his 1.9 so he got out the 2.2 and trailed around with us for a bit. I never did get the 2.2 out, by the time the 1.9 was dead it was time to head out before we got eat'n by the bugs. I had a good time as usual. Hope to see everyone next week.

Cya on the rox

P.S. after we got homem, J-rad and I charged up my new Venom Motorcycle and hit the WalMart parking lot for some two wheel entertainment. I have to say it was fun. I think I'll be holding onto this one for a while.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:12 PM   #17
RCC Addict

-8/5/09-

Another great time hangin with good friends.

-Drivers-
Superboy, DeanO, NazT, Utefly, Boost, RockLizard, Brett

I don't have much time right now so I'll just say I had a good time hangin out with you guys. My rig took some tumbles and chalked up a few parts. but I had a blast hanging out. Thank for coming out guys.

Cya on the rox
Old 08-20-2009, 12:52 PM   #18
RCC Addict

-8/19/09-

Chalk'n up another great day of crawlin

-Drivers-
T.T. Jimmy, the Weed family, NazT, J-rad, Brett

Well I had to get the last little bit of my 4-link finished up when J-rad and I arrived but after a few min we were on the rocks. T.T and Jimmy were running some of the harder lines by the parking lot and both their rigs looked good J-rad and I started off with the "Ice Breaker" last week I ran it flawless but this week J-rad matched my run with another flawless. I was able to crawl the south east shelf that I broke twice on last week, witch made up for last weeks flop. We all trailed around hitting random lines here and there till the sun went down then we all ran to the cars to escape the mosquitos. Thanks for coming out guys. hope to see ya next week

Cya on the rox