RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Utah (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/utah/)
-   -   any scale guys in the st.george area? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/utah/534726-any-scale-guys-st-george-area.html)

crawling71 05-03-2015 06:21 PM

any scale guys in the st.george area?

i just got a scx10 dead bolt and me and a few buddys are looking for more people to go drive with. pm me if you want to go crawl some time"thumbsup"

rottenbelly 05-03-2015 08:04 PM

Re: any scale guys in the st.george area?

I'm in Cedar city. My son and I are always ready to crawl. Just say when!

crawling71 05-10-2015 12:54 AM

If anyone wants to go out tomorow (Sunday) me and one of my buddies are going to be going to Area 51 around 12.

Etmonta 05-23-2015 04:06 PM

Let me know when you guys go

ageekwithabaja 08-04-2015 12:56 PM

anyone on here been going to the dixie Wednesday night crawl thing?

tocoolu 10-13-2015 08:04 PM

There are a bunch of us at the Dixie Rock on Wednesday.....

powder4breakfast 03-01-2016 04:58 PM

Didn't know what time I was going to hit town. Just pulled into Pioneer Park. Never crawled here before. I'll be here for a while tonight.

I'll be headed out tomorrow; but, I'd love to meet up with other crawlers who know the area next time I'm in town.

powder4breakfast 03-01-2016 06:46 PM

WOW... I couldn't imagine a better crawler playground!

You St. George peeps have it good. I just killed 1hr 45mins here and ended it with an incredible sunset.

Can't wait to come back.

powder4breakfast 03-01-2016 11:38 PM

Is there a hobby shop in St. George? I see Gorilla RC online; but, no hours are listed. I'm not sure if they're still in business or not.

I need to find 30 weight oil. I picked some up today in SLC and when I stripped down my shocks to rebuild them tonight... I realized I was given 50 weight instead of 30.

Traveling through Page AZ and then up through Moab for work over the next few days. Hoping to run my Bomber and I'd rather have the 30 weight oil.

Edit: Open for business. Stopped in this morning and got his last bottle of 30 wt. For out of towners, the shop is primarily airplanes; but, I did notice a fair selection of Traxxis parts and other car items. Good to know there is a shop here if needed.

DerekM 03-06-2016 03:51 PM

There is also Dixie 4 Wheel Drive. They stock a few crawler parts too

powder4breakfast 03-16-2016 06:21 PM

I'm heading to St. George for work tomorrow. I plan to head over to Pioneer Park around 5:00pm. I will be parked at either the west end lot or in front of the amphitheater and will be crawling in between the two parking lots. Feel free to join me if anyone is in the area. I will be driving my Axial Bomber.

powder4breakfast 03-22-2016 02:14 PM

I'll be in town again and at Pioneer Park around 5:00 tonight.

Edit for other out of towners like me:
Turns out that Dixie 4 Wheel Drive is the place to visit if you need crawler parts. They stock quite a few Axial pieces as well as several models of Axial vehicles. They are primarily a full size vehicle customization shop; but, when I walked in, the guy behind the counter was wrenching on a Wraith and there were more than a half dozen crawlers behind the counter.

I was also informed that They crawl at Pioneer Park every Wednesday at 5:30.

lasllcap@gmail.com 06-25-2018 10:50 PM

Wow. This is an old thread. Is D4WD still a crawler place. I will pop in there in the next few days to see. No crawling for me yet. Need to ninish up the SCX10.2 kit

Does the Wed Dixie Rock thing still happen ?

powder4breakfast 06-28-2018 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lasllcap@gmail.com (Post 5845537)
Wow. This is an old thread. Is D4WD still a crawler place. I will pop in there in the next few days to see. No crawling for me yet. Need to ninish up the SCX10.2 kit

Does the Wed Dixie Rock thing still happen ?

I don't think anyone really checks this thread and it is a fluke that I just did. I haven't in probably a year. There is a facebook page for the area that gets much more attention "Southern Utah talk/sell/buy/trade".

Anyway, not sure if D4WD is still doing stuff of not. They are exploding with their 1:1 stuff. Sky RC is probably the most complete hobby shop in town for this stuff. Cody is the owner and is very helpful. They also now have a Hobby Town in St. George although I have not been inside.