Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Utah

Notices

Thread: Salt Lake City Get-Together

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2005, 11:31 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Salt Lake City Get-Together

I want to get together more often than just the once/month comps with UTRCRC, so I thought I'd try setting up a get-together. I also want to come up with something a little more convenient for the guys in SLC. I think his name was Wayne, but he mentioned a place on Traverse Ridge in Draper overlooking the golf course that has red rocks that might offer some good rock crawling. I'll scout out the location this Saturday, not sure what time though. Anybody else know of a good rock crawling place in the Salt Lake Valley area? Maybe there's a spot up Big Cottonwood Canyon? I want to plan a get together for the afternoon on May 28th, just a week from this upcoming Saturday, maybe starting about 3:00 pm. Maybe we could hold these little get-togethers two weeks after the comps. These won't be comps, but that doesn't mean some markers won't be thrown down and challenges issued. Also, UTRCRC is going to possibley start holding some 1.9" trials using the Tamiya truck kits such as the Pajero, Hummer, S10 etc. It would be cool to play with these smaller trucks as well at our get togethers.

David
Davkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2005, 11:05 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Hmm....no responses? No interest? Well, at least two of us are going to meet at the end of 6200 South. Just drive west until the road ends. Friday May 27th at 6:00 pm. The area has been turned up for construction so there's lots of big rocks to play on and other fun terrain. Ya, not as nice as playing in a park or remote recreational area, but it's convenient. I haven't had time to scout out any other areas yet except for that place on Traverse Ridge. That area won't work at all for super crawlers and is only mildly entertaining for 2.2's, just not enough rocks there. Hopefully by the time we have one of these get-togethers in June we'll find a nicer place to play.

So, to reiterate; The end of 6200 So. Friday May 27th 6 pm.

David
Davkin is offline   Reply With Quote