Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: Codyboys SV4-10 "Making it my own"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2019, 12:55 PM   #81
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Codyboys SV4-10 "Making it my own"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Casey suggested a brace for the light bar, so added that.

What are your thoughts on mounting this 4" bar on the hood? I want to try and keep all the lights on the body so when I remove it I don't have to mess with wires connected to chassis mount battery. Also changed out the frame mounted light bar.
Casey Approves of the brace

The light bar on the hood is a bit much I think, it kind of draws the eye away from the killer hood art. Are you needing more lighting or just toying with the idea?

I didnt hear about that snow storm you guys had up north but I can imagine if you got the amount of rain that we got in the form of snow then it must have been extreme. We had tons of flooding from the constant rain but nothing near as bad as what you guys had to deal with. Best off luck getting things back to normal.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 03-06-2019 at 01:13 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2019, 02:09 PM   #82
I wanna be Dave

I'll vote no on the hood light bar as well.

It takes away from the look of the truck and it probably won't add much usable light in that position between the headlights and roof mounted light bar.

Also, the Pitbull Berserkers look great on there. Even with the rather large wheel wells of the Origin body, it just looks right lowered with small tires.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 05:20 AM   #83
RCC Addict

I'm with them. Not a fan of the light bar on the hood. Haven't seen any trucks that I actually liked a light bar on the hood. Seems like a bad spot for one. A good bit of your usable light is stopped by the hood. If you weren't trying to keep all the lights on the body. I'd say put that light bar on the bumper. That brace looks really good! Glad to see you're back to working on this rig and that you guys have power again. Great work as always! Can't wait to see it on the rocks!
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 08:54 PM   #84
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Casey Approves of the brace

The light bar on the hood is a bit much I think, it kind of draws the eye away from the killer hood art. Are you needing more lighting or just toying with the idea?

I didnt hear about that snow storm you guys had up north but I can imagine if you got the amount of rain that we got in the form of snow then it must have been extreme. We had tons of flooding from the constant rain but nothing near as bad as what you guys had to deal with. Best off luck getting things back to normal.

Thanks Casey, I like the way it changed the looks.

We had 24" of very wet snow and it was just more weight than the trees could handle. The ground was saturated after a couple days of rain,

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
I'll vote no on the hood light bar as well.

It takes away from the look of the truck and it probably won't add much usable light in that position between the headlights and roof mounted light bar.

Also, the Pitbull Berserkers look great on there. Even with the rather large wheel wells of the Origin body, it just looks right lowered with small tires.
Thank you young man!! I cut some foams for the "serkers" and I think you can see in one of the photos that they have some compression for grabbing rocks, with no side wall flex at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
I'm with them. Not a fan of the light bar on the hood. Haven't seen any trucks that I actually liked a light bar on the hood. Seems like a bad spot for one. A good bit of your usable light is stopped by the hood. If you weren't trying to keep all the lights on the body. I'd say put that light bar on the bumper. That brace looks really good! Glad to see you're back to working on this rig and that you guys have power again. Great work as always! Can't wait to see it on the rocks!
And the vote is in, no hood mount light bar!!!
I'm hoping to put some power to the rocks next week. We'll see, I said in the beginning that this was going to be a slow build.

Speaking about lights, here's a few picts of light work I did today. No real wiring done yet, just plugged into a 4-pack of AA batteries to just test.

Also put on a few decals.

Lighting up my tiny garage.

And here it is lighting up my soldering station.

Now to some Club 5 rock lights!

Thanks for looking!

Ernie

Last edited by CODYBOY; 03-07-2019 at 09:10 PM.
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 10:23 PM   #85
Quarry Creeper

Nice upgrades.
valheru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:03 PM   #86
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by valheru View Post
Nice upgrades.
Thanks, now if you could just give some of your building skills that would be great!!!!
Ernie
Old 03-12-2019, 09:37 AM   #87
Rock Crawler

Looks awesome Ernie. Nice work as usual. These trucks performed well at Motorama. Have you run it yet?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
SHOme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 09:28 PM   #88
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOme View Post
Looks awesome Ernie. Nice work as usual. These trucks performed well at Motorama. Have you run it yet?

Hey Cary, thanks for the kind words young man!!! How are you guys doing with clean up? Hope everything is going smooth for you, I know dealing with a fire can be a real challenge!

I have had it out on the rocks and with the weight of the cage the rear magnets aren't holding the body on the way I'd like. So my next post is about fixing that.

A plastic toilet t-bolt repurposed.

Kind of out of place so did this.

Velcro holds it really nice.

So tool box, Yes or No?

That all I've had time for. Starting to put together some woodburning to get ready for a show in May. About half done!

And finished this today Thanks Dave!

All for now, thanks for looking!
Ernie
Old 03-18-2019, 09:31 PM   #89
Gold Star Baby!

Wow Ernie. Just wow

That’s a beefy axle and the wood burning looks great!
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:26 PM   #90
I wanna be Dave

Looking good man.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
snapon boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:17 AM   #91
RCC Addict

That wood burning looks awesome ernie! Great job! Those axles look like theyll stay planted on the ground. Theyre all purdy with that brass on there lol

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 04:37 AM   #92
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Hey Cary, thanks for the kind words young man!!! How are you guys doing with clean up? Hope everything is going smooth for you, I know dealing with a fire can be a real challenge!

I have had it out on the rocks and with the weight of the cage the rear magnets aren't holding the body on the way I'd like. So my next post is about fixing that.

So tool box, Yes or No?

That all I've had time for. Starting to put together some woodburning to get ready for a show in May. About half done!

Ernie
That's a great way to hold it together. The deconstruction is done. Waiting on plans and permits. Probably won't begin the rebuild until mid April. You know I'm a glass half full guy. The way I see it I got my garage cleaned out. Something I needed to do anyway. I forgot how big it was:-)

SHOme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 06:21 AM   #93
RCC Addict

This thing looks great Ernie! Really digging what you have done to it! Don't know about the tool box. Looks like a little much back there. Like that body mount fix you made! I'm all about the repurposing of stuff. That wood work is awesome! Can't wait to see this rig crawling some rocks!!!
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:37 PM   #94
Rock Stacker

Quote:

So tool box, Yes or No?

Ernie
Thank you Ernie! Can’t wait to get those axles, super stoked!
DMS70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 08:51 PM   #95
I wanna be Dave

I can't believe I missed this thread. Build is stunning! Hope it goes to a good buyer!
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 08:57 PM   #96
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
I can't believe I missed this thread. Build is stunning! Hope it goes to a good buyer!

Me too soze!! Sale is pending right now to a guy in NC.
Ernie

Well, things changed up a little and the truck is going to Connecticut.

Last edited by CODYBOY; 06-23-2019 at 08:41 AM.
Old 06-23-2019, 05:08 PM   #97
I wanna be Dave

Sad to see it go but hope its put to good use.
Also sad I had enough saved up for the ssd kit but not enough to offer you anything but a lowball haha
Hope you got a good ammount, but most importantly I hope it gets thoroughly used and enjoyed!
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 01:35 PM   #98
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
Sad to see it go but hope its put to good use.
Also sad I had enough saved up for the ssd kit but not enough to offer you anything but a lowball haha
Hope you got a good ammount, but most importantly I hope it gets thoroughly used and enjoyed!

He is a nice guy, and I'm sure he will take good care of it. I have said all along that being 70 and not being able to move around on the rocks the way I use to that I enjoy the building more than the driving!!! I feel way more at home on in my shop than I do out on the rocks! I have enough $ pre-order a Pro version but not quite ready to pull the trigger yet.

Just a side note, Marcia and I plan on being in SD for 5 day starting 10-3 through the 8th. We will be at the Worldmark in Mission Valley on Camino Del Rio South.
Ernie

Codyboys SV4-10 "Making it my own" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CODYBOYS ASCENDER "Modifications" CODYBOY Vaterra Ascender 86 03-09-2018 09:06 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gYr-dbPEOnE" frameborde boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 10-01-2013 09:39 AM
Making lightwieght "solvent can" fenders. caymin last Tools, and Procedures 3 12-03-2008 06:32 PM