Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: Vanquish VS4-10 Review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2019, 05:47 AM   #21

Default Re: Vanquish VS4-10 Review

Thanks - found the sale with 20% discount and wrote to RC Mart to see if they would be able to price match.

I plan on getting the Hobbywing Axe 2200KV brushless system and some aftermarket steel beadlocks to go with it.

Watch this space…..
Woolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2019, 06:47 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolie View Post
Has the sale finished ? I couldnt see anything on their website.

Otherwise I'll try my luck with RC Mart.

Discount is applied at checkout

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 10:56 AM   #23
v33
Rock Crawler

i just got my chassis built yesterday but still need to paint the body, but i am on the brink of selling it... i just find it sooo huge. this will be decided later today.

the KMC wheels are junk, the first time i was screwing the beadlock plate the screw flew off and i actually bent it, it's soo tiny and long. also took me a few tries to get it mounted, my hand is still sore. another thing about these KMC, VXT tires and foams, there are no vent holes on the KMC so when mounted and the tires get squashed and distort like crazy and retains it.

as for the manual... i did not find it 100% scaled for the hardware in my kit. maybe there where some changes to the included hardware since the updated braces where added. anyways, i cant find the manual on the site, why cant they provide a PDF so that i can save it on my phone for future reference in case needed????

as for the shocks, i am not really too picky on it being built. I also never use stock oil that came with any of my rc's. the manual does not detail how to properly build the shocks, i had to watch the Harley Design build to learn how to do it properly. Also why is there a bladder? my proline powerstrokes dont have a blader and they work perfectly!

the shock mounts.... those are limiting, we cant really angle the shocks properly at the rear and there is no optional mounting positions.

for a premium kit Vanquish could have opted to include a better tranny design, why does it come with an SCX10 v1 tranny? then they included a spur hood that is totally useless!

Come on Josh, after we had that exchange on the Scale News Update on the BRX01, the VS4-10 seems pale in comparison with the design and parts included. in all honesty, i did not buy a BRX01 because i am not into realistic scale looks and opted for the VS4-10 since it was first released... i will test the chassis tomorrow and am too afraid to get the pretty axles scratched! LoL

Last edited by v33; 03-09-2019 at 10:58 AM.
v33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 10:36 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by v33 View Post
for a premium kit Vanquish could have opted to include a better tranny design, why does it come with an SCX10 v1 tranny? then they included a spur hood that is totally useless!
Its a proven design that works well. Thats why they went with the og trans. The design hase been in production for over 10 years.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:30 AM   #25

I'm about to order my VS4 and have realised that the kit comes with plastic whels (WTF are VP thinking??) so i'm going to order a set of metal beadlocks from another manufacturer .
Are the tyres that come with the kit any good, or should I replace them why i'm at it?
Is there anything else that is missing from the kit that I need to order ?
Old 03-10-2019, 07:14 AM   #26
Rock Stacker

Default Vanquish VS4-10 Review

Quote:
I'm about to order my VS4 and have realised that the kit comes with plastic whels (WTF are VP thinking??) so i'm going to order a set of metal beadlocks from another manufacturer .
Are the tyres that come with the kit any good, or should I replace them why i'm at it?
Is there anything else that is missing from the kit that I need to order ?

The tires are a lot stiffer and narrower than most tires on the market. They are ok but I ended up getting proline krawlers. Also don’t forget a servo horn. Vanquish recommends a 20mm one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
crawlnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 08:21 AM   #27
v33
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
Its a proven design that works well. Thats why they went with the og trans. The design hase been in production for over 10 years.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
a proven design, maybe, it works yes and there are tons of replacement parts for it, but there are so many better transmisions out there.

i've been using my stock scx10 ii kit version tranny for more than a year and have not replaced anything (nothing broke). Oh, I did upgrade the motor mount to vanquish a few weeks after purchase (just because a friend was going to rcmart and i have always used metal motor mounts). i like the kit tranny better because it sits lower and i even flipped it so that i could use bodies that requires the rear to be spacious.
v33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 08:48 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlnyc View Post
The tires are a lot stiffer and narrower than most tires on the market. They are ok but I ended up getting proline krawlers. Also don’t forget a servo horn. Vanquish recommends a 20mm one.
Servo horn noted. I'll be going bruhed and have narrowed my choice of motor down to a HH 27T pro and a Tekin T30 (Hobbywing 1080 ESC). I'll be using the rig for both crawling and bashing (50/50). Which of the motors would be better and what pinion should i be using ?
Old 03-10-2019, 09:06 AM   #29
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Servo horn noted. I'll be going bruhed and have narrowed my choice of motor down to a HH 27T pro and a Tekin T30 (Hobbywing 1080 ESC). I'll be using the rig for both crawling and bashing (50/50). Which of the motors would be better and what pinion should i be using ?

Never used the tekin but you really can’t go wrong with a holmes hobbies setup. I run a holmes torque master pro 35t with a brxl and it has plenty of wheel speed and slow crawling ability. Don’t remember what pinion I’m running but I’ll get back to you on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
crawlnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 11:45 PM   #30

Have you had any problems with the chassis twisting like bending myn is twisting out a quarter of a inch on rear bumper

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
anrjch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:57 AM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrjch View Post
Have you had any problems with the chassis twisting like bending myn is twisting out a quarter of a inch on rear bumper

All chassis twist, that's nothing to be concerned about.
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 12:00 PM   #32

Correct but mines twisting and staying twisted so it looks like my truck in on the trail with a bent bumper

Old 03-12-2019, 01:54 PM   #33
RCC Addict

Quote:
Correct but mines twisting and staying twisted so it looks like my truck in on the trail with a bent bumper

Do you have the aluminum braces?
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 02:38 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Odd..... mine wil twist a bit if I try. Make sure all screws and braces are in correct positions and loctited.
Mine tumbles frequently and all is square.

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 02:58 PM   #35
Im Brandon

Quote:

Anything is possible. The aluminum bumpers are not forgiving and trasmit the impact into the frame. All other scale steel frame rail chassis on the market support molded plastic bumpers that absorb the impact so the issue doesn't come up as often.

If its truly bent contact VP customer service
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 03:11 PM   #36

Yes i have the new updated barces and havent took a hard blow and yes all in correct location and vp customer service has offered to sell me a new set of rails

Old 03-17-2019, 12:06 PM   #37

Here is some pics of it gonna tear it down tonight and see what i find if the frame is truly bent i am completly disappointed because a truck that i have almost 1500 bucks in should outlast and outperform one i have 50o in

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Vanquish VS4-10 Review - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vanquish VS4-10 Section B-MOW71 Comments, Suggestions, and Help 16 08-17-2018 04:03 PM
Weathered Vanquish VS4 body jwalker Paint and Body 10 08-14-2018 06:39 AM
IN STOCK NOW!! Vanquish Products VS4-10. RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 07-12-2018 06:02 PM
Vanquish VS4-10 scale crawler Teng Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 5 05-28-2018 06:15 AM