Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: New Vanquish Chassis Kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2019, 10:29 AM   #81
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: New Vanquish Chassis Kit

yeah i have rounded a few iron oxide button heads in my days... Natedog would blame my vintage XceLite driver set lol but i tried brand new allen keys and still *CLICK!* dangit!!!
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2019, 05:27 PM   #82
Pebble Pounder

A quick question for Brandon or Josh:

It is my hope that Vanquish will continue to offer their standard 3-gear trans for those situations and builds that merit that option. I think the VFD is remarkable, but I would really like to see your 3-gear continue to be made available for us.

I have two chassis kits now, and for $100.00 and some change, it's a stunning choice that I'll be making even a few more times.
celt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:00 PM   #83
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by celt View Post

It is my hope that Vanquish will continue to offer their standard 3-gear trans for those situations and builds that merit that option. I think the VFD is remarkable, but I would really like to see your 3-gear continue to be made available for us.

I have two chassis kits now, and for $100.00 and some change, it's a stunning choice that I'll be making even a few more times.

CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:15 AM   #84
Quarry Creeper

Those of you that have some run time with the chassis.
How do you like it?
Pros and cons (if any exist)?
Thank you
cul8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 08:46 AM   #85
20K Club

Quote:

We will continue to make the 3-gear for the foreseeable future, no plans to stop that trans. I agree it’s a fantastic option that is much more universal.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 05:46 AM   #86
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cul8tr View Post
Those of you that have some run time with the chassis.
How do you like it?
Pros and cons (if any exist)?
Thank you
I've been running my first since about two days after they were available. Had a DeadBolt w/12.0" wheelbase and Incision links waiting in the wings.

If you're looking for a noodle, this isn't it. This chassis is a single moment connection from front bumper mount to rear bumper mount, i.e. the entire assembly transfers load as one single member. There is no wracking or bending whatsoever - from bow to stern...none, nada, not even a pinch. The cross-members go beyond just marrying the two chassis rails in convenient locations, they actually fill in the C-Channel void between the rails - the only way to make this assembly stronger, read more rigid, is to machine or mold it out of a single piece of material. Someone did not want these rails bending...ever. That rigidity does manifest itself in real world conditions - I don't notice any lexan body tweaking while pitching east and west. Dead silent and inert...as it should be. Chassis shouldn't scream at you when you twist it.

Servo and winch mounting is trivial, and not over engineered - simple, I like simple. Complex systems fail in complex ways. A platform up front for two servos, side by side - done, done and done. You will notice all kinds of extraneous mounting holes and something tells me Vanquish has some shenanigans in store. Some of that info is coming out now...very cool. It would seem a concerted effort was made to limit fastener types and lengths, which is much appreciated. Most are 3x10mm cap screws that allows the use of a 2.5mm wrench. Now I've rounded out my share of 3mm buttons, but never a cap screw. The only location I opted for a button was where the panhard bar fastens to the panhard mount. It's double shear, and a shallower button head gives a little more clearance for your servo horn when it heads that way. As a matter of fact, all connections on the chassis proper are double shear...the shock mounts, panhard as mentioned, and skid link mounts. The only con is a personal one. I tend to like the stance of short wheelbase builds on occasion. The rear bumper mount has a bit of an extension that might make that job a bit harder, but I'm sure I'll get it sorted...again, that's my deal, not a real con of the product.

So...long winded way of saying - you can build this chassis and never worry about it again...
celt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 06:54 AM   #87

Thanks Celt. Looking forward to my build.
Boiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 08:34 AM   #88
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I've been running my first since about two days after they were available. Had a DeadBolt w/12.0" wheelbase and Incision links waiting in the wings.

If you're looking for a noodle, this isn't it. This chassis is a single moment connection from front bumper mount to rear bumper mount, i.e. the entire assembly transfers load as one single member. There is no wracking or bending whatsoever - from bow to stern...none, nada, not even a pinch. The cross-members go beyond just marrying the two chassis rails in convenient locations, they actually fill in the C-Channel void between the rails - the only way to make this assembly stronger, read more rigid, is to machine or mold it out of a single piece of material. Someone did not want these rails bending...ever. That rigidity does manifest itself in real world conditions - I don't notice any lexan body tweaking while pitching east and west. Dead silent and inert...as it should be. Chassis shouldn't scream at you when you twist it.

Servo and winch mounting is trivial, and not over engineered - simple, I like simple. Complex systems fail in complex ways. A platform up front for two servos, side by side - done, done and done. You will notice all kinds of extraneous mounting holes and something tells me Vanquish has some shenanigans in store. Some of that info is coming out now...very cool. It would seem a concerted effort was made to limit fastener types and lengths, which is much appreciated. Most are 3x10mm cap screws that allows the use of a 2.5mm wrench. Now I've rounded out my share of 3mm buttons, but never a cap screw. The only location I opted for a button was where the panhard bar fastens to the panhard mount. It's double shear, and a shallower button head gives a little more clearance for your servo horn when it heads that way. As a matter of fact, all connections on the chassis proper are double shear...the shock mounts, panhard as mentioned, and skid link mounts. The only con is a personal one. I tend to like the stance of short wheelbase builds on occasion. The rear bumper mount has a bit of an extension that might make that job a bit harder, but I'm sure I'll get it sorted...again, that's my deal, not a real con of the product.

So...long winded way of saying - you can build this chassis and never worry about it again...

Very nicely said!
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 11:49 AM   #89
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Very nicely said!
Ernie
Agreed! So nice to hear you echo all the things we wanted to achieve with this chassis kit.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 04:22 PM   #90
Quarry Creeper

celt thank you for your input and explanation.
I really like the use of the 3x10 cap screws. Like you said keep it simple.
I was considering this kit over a few other brands.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:22 PM   #91
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
yeah i have rounded a few iron oxide button heads in my days... Natedog would blame my vintage XceLite driver set lol but i tried brand new allen keys and still *CLICK!* dangit!!!
MIP drivers and quality steel iron oxide coated buttonhead screws with a dab of chapstick on the threads before assembly.

Quote:

Servo and winch mounting is trivial, and not over engineered - simple, I like simple. Complex systems fail in complex ways. A platform up front for two servos, side by side - done, done and done. You will notice all kinds of extraneous mounting holes and something tells me Vanquish has some shenanigans in store. Some of that info is coming out now...very cool. It would seem a concerted effort was made to limit fastener types and lengths, which is much appreciated. Most are 3x10mm cap screws that allows the use of a 2.5mm wrench. Now I've rounded out my share of 3mm buttons, but never a cap screw. The only location I opted for a button was where the panhard bar fastens to the panhard mount. It's double shear, and a shallower button head gives a little more clearance for your servo horn when it heads that way. As a matter of fact, all connections on the chassis proper are double shear...the shock mounts, panhard as mentioned, and skid link mounts.....
Nice, good to hear.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 02:35 PM   #92
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
MIP drivers and quality steel iron oxide coated buttonhead screws with a dab of chapstick on the threads before assembly.
Chapstick? That sounds like a lot of work.

I like to just jam them in dry with a worn out tool...
Old 06-16-2019, 06:16 PM   #93
Quarry Creeper

Been there done that and worked twice to three times as hard to get them back out.
Old 06-16-2019, 07:15 PM   #94
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post

I like to just jam them in dry with a worn out tool...
Don't put that on YouTube. They will not like that
odomandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 10:08 PM   #95
I wanna be Dave

That's actually what I do. With vintage xcelite drivers. Like MIP drivers but from the 60s.
I was using them at proline btf 2018 and Natedog saw me... And very calmly auggested new drivers, impressively not showing he was about to jump out of his skin lol

Anyway the birthday/fathers day tally is in.
Its not a record breaking year. Managed $100 towards the new rig fund. Got another $300 from ebaying some of my old junk. Puts me at $400.
So about $350 shy of a new vs410 pro...
Time to start selling my plasma?

*silver lining: my kids bought me a year subscription to RC car action!

Last edited by Shinchu; 06-16-2019 at 10:12 PM.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:02 PM   #96
20K Club

Quote:
*silver lining: my kids bought me a year subscription to RC car action!
I think the real gamble is if RC Car Action will make it a year! Are they the last RC mag standing at this point?
Old 06-17-2019, 11:20 PM   #97
I wanna be Dave

Never knew there were others?
Are you printing SNU yet??? ;)
Old 06-18-2019, 12:09 AM   #98
20K Club

Quote:
Never knew there were others?
Are you printing SNU yet??? ;)
I was up too late tonight finishing the VS4-10 video to even shoot the news today! So I'm just going to do it live tomorrow. Can't get any more up to date then that!
Old 06-18-2019, 04:54 AM   #99
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
I was up too late tonight finishing the VS4-10 video to even shoot the news today! So I'm just going to do it live tomorrow. Can't get any more up to date then that!
Like!

Yes, LIVE scale news and VS4-10 Pro pre-orders today!

It's going to be a great day!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:50 AM   #100
I wanna be Dave

Lol ok veering off topic I parked at work just now and saw you were doing SNU live. Tuned in just in time to say bye. Haha kinda early but better than nothing?! Now to find time to go back and watch a not live anynore 30 min SNU...
haha but thanks Josh I actually like SNU incase teng or frank211 miss something new haha

Now I'm just waiting for that vs410 pro vid of yours!

New Vanquish Chassis Kit - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pre-Order Now - New Vanquish VS4-10 Chassis Kit RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 1 05-20-2019 04:31 PM
VP Chassis Mount Servo Kit/ Panhard Kit? Pita Axial Wraith 54 05-23-2014 09:24 AM