Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: VS4 Bronco

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2020, 07:38 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default VS4 Bronco

Whats up fellas. I've been awol for a few years. Got to thinking the other day about parting ways or parting out one of my highly modded bronco wraiths and seeing what is out there. Low and behold the VS4's! This thing has me interested for sure, BUT what are, if any, options to make this thing run a Bronco body if that is even possible?
From what I see that is available, there is not a correct proportioned early Bronco yet available for any build. The JConcepts is probably the closest, but hear it has molding flaws?? The PL 73 has always been too long. Maybe the discontinued Ascender? TFL looks good but square cut fenders and it's not a viable option anyway :(

Am I right in thinking that a JConcepts body and SCX10.2 is the best fit?
Markeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2020, 07:54 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: VS4 Bronco

There is always the Mfab Bronco but it is expensive and requires a ton of prep work.

I agree the Proline is too long and skinny while the Vaterra is too wide for how short it is. The Jconcepts is a pretty good compromise at a 12.3 inch wheelbase and I never noticed any flaws on my buddy's truck after it was painted up. The Tamiya Bronco is the Holy Grail of lexan Broncos but it is tiny.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 08:23 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Ahh man, I have not seen the uncut rear wheel body before. That is SICK .
Ha sanyone used a the JC body or Mfab on the VS4 build yet? My search has not turned up anything other than some chopped up PL bodies on a TFL.
Markeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 01:46 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I ordered the traxxas trx4 79 bronco for my vs4. I was goina do a pickup with a flatbed, but its not workin how i want. Saved for another rig.... I like the 66-77 broncos, my dad had idk how many wen i was a kid. But the 78-79 is my fav body style bronco. Plus the trx4 bronco is 12.3 wb
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 03:50 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewinfkewe View Post
Team Raffee also has a hardbody version of that model.
Now that u mention that... I seen that club5 has a hard body version too. Personally i thought it was a bit to square. Think it was round about $100ish on the bay
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote