Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: Bgredjeep vrd carbon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2024, 03:17 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Bgredjeep vrd carbon

I wasn't going to do a thread on this truck, but I'm sure I'll end up doing some stuff with it worth sharing eventually. I might as well start now instead of playing catchup later.

The plan for this build was pretty basic. I wanted to build it as vanquish intended, keep it simple and light weight, and see how it performs in a local(ish) comp run monthly at Stone Mountain. I'm selling my scx10 pro as a slider so this rig will get its motor, servo, tires, etc.

I'll spare everyone assembly pictures. I picked up an element zuul body for it. I wanted something different, a little narrower than the comp bodies, but not a power wagon.

Fitting the body

Painted and mounted

Here's a look at the chassis. Fusion pro, nsdrc rs700 v2. The only changes I made during assembly was using the -5 shock ends, and a 50t spur. Other than those and minor adjustments to fit the body, it's straight out of the manual.

bgredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2024, 04:20 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Bgredjeep vrd carbon

Looks good buddy. I’m interested to hear how it performs for you. And I’m sure you’ll have some interesting stuff to share before long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 05:25 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

The more I see these Zuuls, the more I've started liking them (more than I already have).
Goro Majima is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 05:25 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

every post helps the site so keep up the good posts even if no one reads it your still helping sell advertising for the site so any post is a good post
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 06:43 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goro Majima View Post
The more I see these Zuuls, the more I've started liking them (more than I already have).
I agree. When I first saw it the front half looked great, but the back looked like an afterthought and way too long. I still feel that way, but its grown on me. After I saw the Mojavevalleyrc rig I knew it was the body I wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
every post helps the site so keep up the good posts even if no one reads it your still helping sell advertising for the site so any post is a good post
I was thinking the exact same thing while reading the forum dieing post earlier today. Don't want the forum to be dead? Post stuff. Seems simple
Old 03-03-2024, 10:04 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I didn't want to add any extra weight to this rig if possible, but the forward weight bias wasn't quite where I wanted. I went the cheap route and ordered brass clamp rings for the front wheels. This got me right around 60/40 so that should be good, and still around 5.75lbs.

Before

After

New rtr weight
Old 03-04-2024, 06:25 AM   #7
RCC Addict

The Ecto bed does look better with the molded fuel cell but that simple rollbar/truss on the Zuul looks nice. Its always good to see a body thats not a comp wagon or cliffhanger.

I used a 52t spur instead of the 56. Its still a bit slow for my intended use with the 15t pinion so I'm going to go up to a 17t pinion and see how it works. I wish Hobbywing rated these things at 4s or they would come out with a 2800kv.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 06:07 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Speaking of looks, I debated using this or not. I'll probably pull it for a comp, but we'll see. I added the light bar. I've got lockers so a light bar is OK right? Lol

I added some aluminum tape on the mirrors to make them look a bit more mirrory.

Here's a couple more pics of the build. The light buckets have me a little trouble getting the body where I wanted so the front cross member was trimmed and flipped. Buckets ground down as well.

Narrowed the sliders a bit to better match the body. I'm not super happy with those, but it'll work until I decide to make something different.

Old 03-05-2024, 05:50 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

"I added the light bar. I've got lockers so a light bar is OK right?"

Depends on which you added first.

Lights before lockers is the rule! LOL
Sniper4370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 04:27 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

So I've said this was a comp build, no frills, avoiding extra weight, not worried about scale bits.

Well then I saw these and I had to have one.

It's a bit sloppy in the center tube. I ordered some ptfe tube that I'm going to try that should tighten it up. I'm not sure if I'll actually run it on this rig but i had to test fit when it showed up. I'll probably stash it away for an eventual buggy build, but it looks awesome.

It's definitely intended to be used with a bta servo mount. I had to trim down a servo horn to clear it, but it works and I'm getting to the stops.

Last edited by bgredjeep; 03-07-2024 at 07:42 AM.
Old 03-07-2024, 05:13 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Thats awesome. Who makes it?
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 07:32 AM   #12

That's a great looking rig! Nice build.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 07:53 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
Thats awesome. Who makes it?
A dude out of Malaysia is making them. I saw them in the we rc rock group on fb and couldn't help myself. Username is blackz gbc. I think I paid $30 for it (it's been a few weeks)

I've pretty much decided I'm going to pull it off and save it for a tube buggy build later on. It's really made to work with the bta servo mount. I had to trim a servo horn down a bit to clear it with the top mount (should work ok with cms).
Old 03-09-2024, 04:25 AM   #14
Rock Stacker

That psc hydro steering looks rad. What is bta?
surfishjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 10:31 AM   #15
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfishjoe View Post
That psc hydro steering looks rad. What is bta?
Behind The Axle servo mounting.
diezel666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 07:57 PM   #16
Go Buckeyes!

The Carbon is looking good! Have always been a sucker for blue and it sure does look good in that shade of Toyota blue.

The Zuul body looks damn good on there too. I still need to get my Zuul body mounted on my VRD. The plan for mine was to use the Zuul, but then VP released the Stance body. I need to get back on my original Zuul body plan since they look so good mounted up.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on how it does out on the rocks. Mine has been phenomenal, but I don't comp mine like you do!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 02:22 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
The Carbon is looking good! Have always been a sucker for blue and it sure does look good in that shade of Toyota blue.

The Zuul body looks damn good on there too. I still need to get my Zuul body mounted on my VRD. The plan for mine was to use the Zuul, but then VP released the Stance body. I need to get back on my original Zuul body plan since they look so good mounted up.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on how it does out on the rocks. Mine has been phenomenal, but I don't comp mine like you do!
Yeah, I didn't feel like doing any of the usual comp bodies. I was wanting something a bit different. Of course by the time I got it I'd seen several running the same one. The blue is outside my norm, but I didn't want to just end up with another gunmetal colored body like often do. This was the only color the lhs had in stock that felt appropriate for an fj.

I'm not sure when I'll get to run this. The weather has been bad most weekends, and now pollen season is upon us. Everything is yellow... This months comp I was hoping to try for moved because of weather last weekend to a weekend I'm heading out of town for a training class.

In the mean time, I made a quick skid/bumper for the front since I had to ditch the stock bumper to get the body where I wanted. It's just enough to keep the body and frame rails from being the first thing to hit a rock.

Old 03-18-2024, 07:02 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

I wasn't going to, but I did anyway. I'm going to blame Brian for posting his printed fenders. Lol

This body didn't really need inner fenders since its so low, but I still like the clean look they offer.

Old 03-18-2024, 08:37 PM   #19
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgredjeep View Post
I wasn't going to, but I did anyway. I'm going to blame Brian for posting his printed fenders. Lol

This body didn't really need inner fenders since its so low, but I still like the clean look they offer.

So much better.

Nice and clean and looks great! Excellent job!

You’re welcome!

B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 06:12 AM   #20
RCC Addict

The inner fenders look great

The whole rig looks good, you’re changing my mind on the Zuul body

twade984 is online now   Reply With Quote

Bgredjeep vrd carbon - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
B-MOW's Vanquish VRD Carbon B-MOW71 Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 95 03-18-2024 06:08 PM
Jato VRD Carbon JatoTheRipper Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 42 03-11-2024 05:54 AM
New Vanquish VRD Carbon Sniper4370 Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 122 02-26-2024 08:48 AM
VRD carbon what length hubs? dmill78 Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 3 11-27-2023 06:28 PM