Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: Chester's VSCX4-10.2 chassis kit build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2019, 09:53 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Chester's VSCX4-10.2 chassis kit build

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX-D View Post
What cage are you using on the rear?
It's one he designed himself. He talks about it in this thread.
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2019, 10:36 AM   #22
RCC Addict

Yes, I went back and read it from the beginning. it's been a couple of months since this thread started. Thanks for the heads up. Memory isn't what it used to be

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 12:42 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX-D View Post
Memory isn't what it used to be
I understand that all too well.
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 02:27 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Dawg View Post
I understand that all too well.
Yeah, me too. So it's okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postclanker View Post
Really nice . Looking forward to a video and how much abuse it can take. Been too many times i’ve landed on my roof, busted the hard body but the cage hasn’t even bent....not sure it would hold up IMHO

Hope i’m wrong
I hope so too. And if it's going to break then it just means I have to improve the design It already has a lot of stiffening structure included and feels pretty tough already (probably close to what a Wraith cage feels like). In an other project I made a gearbox/skidplate from the same material and it stood up to several hours of really harsh driving with some scratches but nothing broken... I hope everything goes well and if not I've got something do to after the only event I'm doing with this rig this year
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 03:38 AM   #25

Maiden voyage happened last weekend. The car's doing great. The wider track and the overall stability and stiffness gives this car an awesome handling and predictability I was definetly missing with the original scx chassis rails...

Some pics:

It also took some rollovers during my 45min session on saturday and the cage in the back took it all without any damage. So its off to a good start

Maybe I'll find some time in the next few days to edit the video I took on my little excursion down to the river then I'll post some moving pictures also...
Old 10-22-2019, 02:54 AM   #26

First real event is done
Offmania RC 19 in Poland was a huge success for both the organizer and us drivers. 185 people from 8 countries

The car held up great, even the printed cage was up to everything I could throw at it. And there was thrown a full blown TRX4 Sport at it several times

We actually had so much fun that we almost didn't take any pictures

On course in the really fun rock section:

Group foto of the guys I was running with the whole day, from left to right:
tec_Jenzzz (Germany), HappyApe (Sweden), me (Germany), Björn (Sweden) and tec_Gerry (Austria, he did everything he could to destroy his TRX4 but it also held up great):

We also had fun at night running the rock section again:

Car has also seen some mud:

There are some upgrades planned for next year. But they are just because I want to have them. Nothing really needed as the car handled exceptionally well...

I'll keep ya updated as soon as I get to work on it. Until then I'll enjoy my Capra...
Old 10-22-2019, 06:16 AM   #27
Go Buckeyes!

Great looking rig! I really like how the cage work turned out. It looks great with this body! The VS4-10 Chassis Kit is a great platform to start a build with.

Looks like the event in Poland was a lot of fun! Wow, 8 countries! That is a great turnout!

Looking forward to seeing what upgrades you have planned!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 08:51 AM   #28
Im Brandon

Happy to see that it all came together and performed. The body and cage fit the chassis perfectly, great execution
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 01:42 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Great looking rig! I really like how the cage work turned out. It looks great with this body! The VS4-10 Chassis Kit is a great platform to start a build with.

Looks like the event in Poland was a lot of fun! Wow, 8 countries! That is a great turnout!

Looking forward to seeing what upgrades you have planned!
Yeah it's amazing to see the enthusiasm and effort the 2 nennox's are putting in this event every year. Even if I don't know a date yet the event is marked in my calendar for 2020 Participation from my country is still a bit week but we're planning to improve that for next year

Basically the VS4-10 Chassis kit is a chassis like all the others. But it does everything on a higher level and it's definetely worth the money!!!

Updates for 2020 are planned already. Pics are from VP because I don't have the parts by now but they'll get here Sooner or later (probably later ):

These are the parts I want to buy. Everything else will be done once again by myself. Already working on an AR44 offset axle case that's going to be printed via shapeways. Originally I planned to design my own motor-forward-tranny (like I did for my RAPstar). But then VP came out with the VFD and I skipped that plan
Plan is to only exchange the universals and the axle case and continue to use all the other parts of my AR44 front axle.

I know that there are several offset axles available. But they are not done by me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Happy to see that it all came together and performed. The body and cage fit the chassis perfectly, great execution
Thanks. A good friend just told me that he doesn't continue his plans to build his own Power Wagon because mine's too nice to keep up with the looks. I guess I nailed it
Old 06-04-2020, 08:08 AM   #30
Pebble Pounder

any updates on front axle? you should market those cages!!
treadway47025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 10:25 AM   #31
Rock Crawler

That's pretty gnarly bro. I dig it!

Lou
TK421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 03:49 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadway47025 View Post
any updates on front axle? you should market those cages!!
Yes there are some updates:

The changes I made to the car for this years #offmaniaRC2020:

Front offset axle (diff is offset by 23mm to the side) => #FOA23 is almost done:

First prototype has been torture tested over 3 mild courses and 2 hard courses (the rock section has been driven twice, once over day and once through the rainy night).

So overall I drove 600 gates + some tinkering around on the other days
-bilder achse vorher/nachher

There are only a few changes that need to be done and then it's a direct replacement for any 10.2-style axle with the use of INCISION VS4-10 VDI UNIVERSALS

Transmission is different as planned. I didn't get the VFD trans but instead I designed a replacement front case for the OG AX/SCX 3-gear trans that puts the motor up front.
It's filled with stock internals, needs the old slipper assembly with a 52T 48dp spur gear and can be driven with a 15t-20t pinion.

On friday in Poland we set up some #eastsidehardcore courses to test our rigs and my vsxc410II worked flawlessly.
For this year I coose a different powerplant: a Holmeshobbies Puller Pro stubby 3300kV driven by a CC Mamba X on 3S.
High accuracy down low and more then enough oomph for the casual power through obstacles that waited in all the courses.

Here are some pictures from #offmaniaRC2020 (and I'm already registered for #offmaniaRC2021 )

Right now I'm done with rebuilding the complete car after #offmaniaRC2020 and I've improved some stuff:
SSD-RC aluminium knuckles with knuckleweights
axial racing overdrive in the front axle
cleaned up my wiring a bunch

I'm always impressed at how easy it is to work this chassis. It can be disassembled into functional modules so maintenance gets really easy

Thx for watching, I've got some stuff up my mind for the next season
Old 10-09-2020, 06:58 AM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Fantastic work on the housing and transmission - very clever!
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 07:02 AM   #34
RCC Addict

Wow this is awesome. That axle housing turned out amazing.
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 04:26 PM   #35

Wow really great work, I was thinking the same idea for the transmission and are you gonna publish it?

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone araclyla gönderildi
levo1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 02:05 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
Fantastic work on the housing and transmission - very clever!
Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
Wow this is awesome. That axle housing turned out amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by levo1203 View Post
Wow really great work, I was thinking the same idea for the transmission and are you gonna publish it?

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone araclyla gönderildi
Thx guys.
@levo1203 Some day I'll release it to the public. It is working but I'm not 100% satisfied with my own design as it is a pain in the a** to assemble it. So I have to redesign it, make multiple prats out of it and the I can release it. But as always I've got no schedule on that right now because life's busy
Old 10-14-2020, 09:39 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Awesome truck - especially the 3D-designed components!

Wenn es ist alles fertig, ich will aller teile kaufen...

(just kidding... sort of!)

It's really good to see such high-end engineering and exciting competition courses in Europe!

I haven't been to visit my cousin in Germany in several years - but I'll have to bring one (or more) of my crawlers when I do.

I currently have a project on the back burner that will combine the VS4-10 chassis, the Axial UMG10 body (have a very nicely painted and pre-weathered one I bought from a member here) TRX-4 or other portal axles, and an as-yet-to-be-determined transmission.

Going to continue gathering parts over the next year or so, and maybe by then I will have a visit "nach Deutschland" planned.

(My mother is German, and I was born there...)
durok is offline   Reply With Quote

Chester's VSCX4-10.2 chassis kit build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial blazer VS4-10 Chassis Kit build roadrashracing Axial SCX10 II 23 06-02-2019 04:36 PM
TRX-4 Chassis Kit Build CTYankee Traxxas TRX-4 7 05-20-2019 08:43 PM
Chester's Eastside #RAPstar => Progression of a funhaver Chester 1.9 Scale Rigs 13 12-12-2018 03:06 AM
First SCX10.2 kit build with custom chassis Pjking Axial SCX10 II 5 12-01-2018 03:10 AM