Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: when the catalog comes to life, newb build thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2020, 04:07 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default when the catalog comes to life, newb build thread

Hey all, I've lurked for a few years in my youth and am now able to build something worth a thread, I started with an ax10 scorpion and worked my way to a pro. The pro was fun as it was an anvil and very capable but it sold so I decided to build my own box of parts instead of buying an ultra because I wanted Name:  pj2.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  85.1 KBportals.

I went around and back on the research behind what portal I wanted and was not able to find anything that said these were any less desirable than its competition so when they were traded to me for my pro I was forced to build something cool. but I don't like black anodized wear items
Name:  IMG_1254.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  82.8 KB

As for the rest of the components, there is typically one manufacture that comes to mind when you drive hard. so shavs, gears, cases, links, wheels, and various accessories vanquish incision, I love the incision shocks but cant seem to get them to not leak, probably operator error that i dont seem to have on my 100mm (eye to eye) dravtechs. a set of narrowed crawler innovations in the pitbull blood axe tires offset by a set of .250 slw's brass front and black rear hubs.
Name:  IMG_1259.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  94.3 KB
i am impressed with every aspect of these axles They use flanged brass kingpin bushings!!!!! fantastic tolerances.
forgot a track bar bracket when i was bogging down amain hobbies server from creating a million different theoretical cars but ended up drilling a hole 5mm forward of the bottom center of forward shock mount screw with the tower in rearmost position if that makes sense.
I am happy with the vs410 chassis, checks all boxes and will be a go to for most of my future builds.
Name:  portal jeep.JPG
Views: 331
Size:  136.6 KB
Wild how fast a day can go by when you find the zone, I would say the hobby is fairly therapeutic if you arent rushing or shimming lower shock mounts with washers. that's all i had in me for the day
Evan Harich is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2020, 04:24 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: when the catalog comes to life, newb build thread

Now the next day,
Name:  IMG_1279.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  101.2 KB
this body is also proportionally perfect with these tires and this height and those bumpers,phhhhew!!
Name:  IMG_1280.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  91.8 KB
trimmed up ready for the sucky part, tape paint, and smooth lines are a painful combination for a person whose hands shake like a dog passing a peach seed. that being said we shall and we have laid the paint, I used a candy golden rootbeer anodized spray backed up by Testors root beer brown with an externally painted flatback fender and roof look. and my lines look great!! paint is less flash than I was looking for but it's subtle and takes a second of looking before you see more than a black jeep...
Name:  IMG_1307.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  116.6 KB
Name:  IMG_1309.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  103.9 KB
Attached Images

Last edited by Evan Harich; 11-30-2020 at 04:51 PM.
Old 11-30-2020, 05:16 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I have yet to install all of the hardware and had to run it, it does have a higher cog, but with the tall towers and soft springs it sits at a near-optimal ride height and drives well, it seems to turn harder without rolling over at top speed, which is counter-intuitive but more is different on this than just portals from my pro so too many variables but I can say portals having a higher cog is true but should not turn you away. tuning can make up most of the difference, having a 3 gear trans basically killed the sidehill performance compared to the VFD but now it's on 4.4'' tall tires so pretty much 6-1 half dozen to another...it behaves well, the balance seems to be right where I would want it for typical use, maby an additional pack on the servo cross member for some vertical action. i like these Bloodaxe tires, decent traction/looks ratio. I've never ran a winch because i could not justify the cost for that specific feature, then i find the DSM kinetic winch and say what the heck why not, it works just as well as you would expect a real winch to in the same scenario so don't expect to be doing any pull ups.
Name:  IMG_1316.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  169.6 KB
Old 12-01-2020, 05:01 AM   #4

good stuff...
ha, yup... shimming lower shock mounts..
... shake like a dog passing a peach seed...
oldmancrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 05:02 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Diggin’ that paint color... looks great! Congrats on the progress and build
thkov is offline   Reply With Quote

when the catalog comes to life, newb build thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
F350 1/6 scale mud life build 2manyprojects Large Scale Rigs 20 06-28-2016 03:58 PM
Dual Dingo build thread-My first build thread juswin24 Axial SCX-10 205 09-19-2013 12:42 PM
SHORE LIFE SCX10 Build Grand954l Axial SCX-10 13 10-31-2012 08:08 PM
Dusty Ranger: The Birth, Build and Life. danielk 2.2 Scale Rigs 24 02-27-2009 10:56 AM