RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vanquish-products-vs4-10-origin/)
-   -   B-MOW goes PRO with the VS4-10 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vanquish-products-vs4-10-origin/610680-b-mow-goes-pro-vs4-10-a.html)

B-MOW71 08-02-2019 10:04 AM

B-MOW goes PRO with the VS4-10

3 Attachment(s)
This arrived Monday!

Attachment 382649

Attachment 382650

Attachment 382651

It has been a long 41 days since the pre-orders opened up on June 18! Super excited that it is here and was looking forward to building another awesome kit from Vanquish!

I first caught a glimpse of the PRO at Team KNK TTC6 this past June. I was blown away with what I saw. I was expecting to see a new low COG transmission to be released to fit into the newly released VP Chassis Kit, but when I walked up to their booth I was caught off guard. There before me was a beautiful new VS4-10 PRO with a new VFD transmission and new Currie F9 axles. (Maybe I missed the news about this or this was Top Secret up to this point) Anyways, wow, wasn't expecting that! I was left speechless at first, but then had I a million questions to ask. Luckily Josh was there to answer all (well most - some I think were still secret!) of the questions that we all had. Thanks Josh for being patient and taking the time to answer the questions that I had. I knew right then and there that I had to have one! So when pre-order day came I impatiently waited for the time to buy one.

As of today, I have most of the PRO built, but I will be posting my build progress in the days to come.

Stay tuned!

soze 08-02-2019 10:37 AM

Re: B-MOW goes PRO with the VS4-10

Nice! Darn it... I'll get one sooner or later.

Topher Builds 08-02-2019 11:11 AM

congrats on the new rig!

MaX-D 08-02-2019 11:29 AM

That is one sweet rig. Enjoy! I will never own one of these, so I will live vicariously through you.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

CODYBOY 08-02-2019 12:25 PM

I got mine last week, and haven't had time to open it yet! (Sounds funny from a guy that's retired doesn't it). I'll let you guys figure out all the fine tuning and tricks before I get to mine! Believe it or not, I'm not going be changing much on this one!! GO PRO!!! "thumbsup"
Ernie

carpetfuzz17 08-02-2019 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CODYBOY (Post 5954072)
I got mine last week, and haven't had time to open it yet! (Sounds funny from a guy that's retired doesn't it). I'll let you guys figure out all the fine tuning and tricks before I get to mine! Believe it or not, I'm not going be changing much on this one!! GO PRO!!! "thumbsup"

Ernie

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...40ee651c67.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CODYBOY 08-02-2019 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carpetfuzz17 (Post 5954108)

I know!!! Raise your hand if you like painting picket fence!!!:mrgreen: And I thought It was just me. Even though I'm retired I still have Honeydooooooos!!!!:mrgreen::mrgreen:
Ernie

B-MOW71 08-03-2019 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soze (Post 5954052)
Nice! Darn it... I'll get one sooner or later.

"thumbsup" I hope you get one sooner than later! I would love to see one of your highly detailed videos on YT featuring the PRO!;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topher Builds (Post 5954062)
congrats on the new rig!

Thanks!"thumbsup" You getting one to add to your lineup?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaX-D (Post 5954065)
That is one sweet rig. Enjoy! I will never own one of these, so I will live vicariously through you.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Never say never!"thumbsup" These are very cool rigs! Thanks for following along!:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CODYBOY (Post 5954072)
Ernie

Congrats! I hear ya on opening the box! You've been busy on your beautiful Enduro!"thumbsup"

I had to push my Enduro to the side for a bit to open my box. I've been anxious to get the PRO in my hands for quite awhile.

I plan to keep mine mostly stock. There really is nothing that needs to be changed on these. I only plan to change wheels and tires. I have a set of Dravtech shocks that I plan to experiment with.

bikepilot 08-03-2019 10:00 AM

Great, I will be watching and drooling too!!! All these great builds I'm envious!! Will be getting one of the kits soon!! this one would be great but would get me banned to the barn!! that may be good, lots of build time!!
Anyway congrats! Can't wait to see what you do with this!!
brian

Topher Builds 08-06-2019 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-MOW71 (Post 5954197)
Thanks!"thumbsup" You getting one to add to your lineup?

Hopefully in the next couple months! "thumbsup" just finished building a stampede 4x4 kit with my daughter. Going to try and get the GC4.2 done by the end of September then work towards one of these bad boys or the ssd kit.

Any updates on your build?

B-MOW71 08-08-2019 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikepilot (Post 5954217)
Great, I will be watching and drooling too!!! All these great builds I'm envious!! Will be getting one of the kits soon!! this one would be great but would get me banned to the barn!! that may be good, lots of build time!!
Anyway congrats! Can't wait to see what you do with this!!
brian

Thanks Brian!"thumbsup" Being banned to the barn can be a good thing! Looking forward to seeing which kit you choose.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topher Builds (Post 5954788)
Hopefully in the next couple months! "thumbsup" just finished building a stampede 4x4 kit with my daughter. Going to try and get the GC4.2 done by the end of September then work towards one of these bad boys or the ssd kit.

Any updates on your build?

That's great to hear! It's cool that your daughter is involved in R/C with you. I put R/C on hold a few years before my daughter was born and never had the chance to get her involved in the hobby. I jumped back into the hobby about 2 years ago. She is 20 now and doesn't have any interest in it. I missed out on all the fun times we could have had.

Can't wait to see which kit you go with!

I've been extremely busy with life and haven't had much time to post up pics of this build. I do have it built, but haven't driven it yet.

I'll try to get some updates posted here soon!

bikepilot 08-08-2019 11:07 AM

Ok, understand the busy life all too well!! But quite lollygaggin and drive the thing and post the pics!! Waiting to see it!! :)
brian

JatoTheRipper 08-08-2019 11:46 AM

This thread has been up like a week and I don't see any building, slacker! :mrgreen:

Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

B-MOW71 08-09-2019 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikepilot (Post 5955177)
Ok, understand the busy life all too well!! But quite lollygaggin and drive the thing and post the pics!! Waiting to see it!! :)
brian

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5955186)
This thread has been up like a week and I don't see any building, slacker! :mrgreen:

Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Ok...ok...ok, I hear ya!:lmao:

I've got this weekend off! I will get this dead thread updated!:ror:

I just picked up paint that I had to special order yesterday from my LHS. Going to get the body taped up and painted.

Believe me, I'm dying to take this for a drive!

bikepilot 08-09-2019 12:47 PM

Ohhh, special order paint??? Now that sounds interesting!!! Ya got my attention now, again!!!

B-MOW71 08-12-2019 09:42 AM

11 Attachment(s)
Ok, time for some updates. I have started this build and have most of the Pro put together. The VS4-10 Pro, just like the Origin, is the best kit that I have built to date. This kit is so well thought out and the machining is so precise that every part seems to just fall together. No need for hammers, grinders or pry bars. Every part fits together like a glove with precision! The plastics feel great and are molded very well. Great job again VP!"thumbsup"

As of today I am working on installing the electronics and laying out the paint scheme.

I'm going to post the pics of the build process. I'm not going to do a lengthy write-up or explain each step of the build. There are other builds out there explaining each step and how they go together. Anyone who has built this or the Origin knows how much fun these are to build. If there is something that needs to be said, then I'll add a note or two to the pic.

Once I get caught up on updating this build thread and get to adding my personal touches I will slow down and explain more about what I plan to do.

Until then, here is the first batch of pics. These will go in order how it is listed in the manual.

Attachment 382997

Attachment 382998

Attachment 382999

Attachment 383000

The Currie F9 offset front axle:

Attachment 383001

Attachment 383002

Attachment 383003

Attachment 383004

The Currie F9 rear axle:

Attachment 383005

Attachment 383006

Attachment 383007

The axles are complete. Next up will be the chassis frame rails and braces.

If you have questions, feel free to ask and I will answer the best that I can.

More coming soon!:)

Brandon 08-12-2019 09:43 AM

Looking good so far! Great detailed pics of the axles.

bikepilot 08-12-2019 12:05 PM

Looks good so far!!! But this must be the teaser update!! lol!! :lmao:

B-MOW71 08-13-2019 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon (Post 5955895)
Looking good so far! Great detailed pics of the axles.

Thanks Brandon!"thumbsup" Once again you guys have hit a grandslam! First with the Origin and now the PRO! Lovin' this build!:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikepilot (Post 5955928)
Looks good so far!!! But this must be the teaser update!! lol!! :lmao:

:lmao: Baby steps! Now get ready for another teaser!;-)

B-MOW71 08-13-2019 06:46 AM

9 Attachment(s)
Ok, on to the chassis assembly. I really like the changes VP made to the chassis braces. They have decided to use a plastic molded brace this time instead of the alum braces that were used in the Origin. These new plastic braces fit the chassis rails very snugly and once they are installed there is very little if any chassis flex. I also like how they added a winch line hole in the front brace that lines up with the front bumper. The rear brace is solid and fills the entire rear of the chassis. It comes with a fuel cell that doubles as an electronics box. Nice! I will be replacing the stock black screws and using Team KNK stainless steel screws throughout this build. I have used Team KNK screws in all of my builds and am very happy with their quality.

Onto the pics:

Attachment 383040

Attachment 383041

Next up in the manual was the new VFD transmission. I skipped this because I wanted to save the best part of the PRO for later.

So onto assembling the links.

Attachment 383042

Attachment 383043

I decided to try out a set of Dravtech shocks. I have heard many great things about them and thought I would give them a try on the PRO. The color also matches the theme I plan to go with.

Attachment 383044

Attachment 383045

Attachment 383046

Attachment 383047

Attachment 383048

Next up the VFD trans and inner fenders.

Thanks for taking a peek!