Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: Do pieces make it whole?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2019, 04:27 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Do pieces make it whole?

Current build sheet:
Vs410 chassis
VP links
VP scx10ii portal axles
VP 3 gear trans with dig
Holmes trailmaster 2700kv
Castle Mamba x
Hitec7955
VP links
VP wheels
Proline TSL swampers
CI foams
Powershift roadrunner winch
VP origin pro body and bumpers

So last year I bought a set of portal axles. I didn't love the way they drove in a comp chassis I'd built so I pulled them out this spring and put them on the shelf for a future build. When the chassis kit was released I jumped on one to throw the portals under. While they didn't work in one build for me, they are still a nice piece I felt I can make work. So I assembled the chassis kit, tossed the portals under it and put a 3 gear transmission in it with a dig unit. I grabbed some incision shocks and MIP shafts and when Mark aka Carpetfuzz posted his pro body I jumped on it to complete the kit. I had a set of wheels and tires for it already; methods wrapped in ci foams and covered with g8 proline swampers. I haven't had a chance to paint it yet but I am pleased with it upon initial testrun sans body. I have been reading through everyone else's builds and decided I would post in here too after Mark suggested it. I'll host some photos one day and add them. I think the stiffness of the chassis is unreal with the rear setup in the kit. I am initially impressed with the plastics used and am considering the bumpers too as 12 bucks is pretty great

Last edited by odomandr; 02-17-2020 at 06:01 PM.
odomandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2019, 11:44 AM   #2
Im Brandon

Default Re: Do pieces make it whole?

Yes, the build definitely belongs in here if that's what you're asking. It will look identical to the original Origin kits who put portal axles under it

Good to hear you are happy with the chassis too.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 08:22 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by odomandr View Post
So last year I bought a set of portal axles. I didn't love the way they drove in a comp chassis I'd built so I pulled them out this spring and put them on the shelf for a future build. When the chassis kit was released I jumped on one to throw the portals under. While they didn't work in one build for me, they are still a nice piece I felt I can make work. So I assembled the chassis kit, tossed the portals under it and put a 3 gear transmission in it with a dig unit. I grabbed some incision shocks and MIP shafts and when Mark aka Carpetfuzz posted his pro body I jumped on it to complete the kit. I had a set of wheels and tires for it already; methods wrapped in ci foams and covered with g8 proline swampers. I haven't had a chance to paint it yet but I am pleased with it upon initial testrun sans body. I have been reading through everyone else's builds and decided I would post in here too after Mark suggested it. I'll host some photos one day and add them. I think the stiffness of the chassis is unreal with the rear setup in the kit. I am initially impressed with the plastics used and am considering the bumpers too as 12 bucks is pretty great

I am glad you liked the body. Also was pleased to know that it made it ok.

Now for the big question where is it all painted up
carpetfuzz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 03:02 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Still no paint but here it is inside.... Im going to have to carve out a sunny day and make it happen

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
odomandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 11:57 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by odomandr View Post
Still no paint but here it is inside.... Im going to have to carve out a sunny day and make it happen

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I recognize that body

Looking good can’t wait to see it with paint
carpetfuzz17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Do pieces make it whole? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bits n pieces? jado6006 Paint and Body 0 05-06-2015 12:22 PM
is it better just to buy the pieces? jenijohnk Axial Wraith 6 05-31-2013 09:54 AM
pieces acme old school General Crawlers 2 12-29-2009 08:36 AM