Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: Indys VS4-10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2019, 07:27 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Indys VS4-10

Guess its my turn to get into the VS4-10 line up. Im still gatherin parts n ideas. Got a lil excited wen i tracked a packge today. My chassis kit was sittin in the porch wen i got in from work. I wanna put the chassis together, but i dont have all the parts i need. Plus if i do it now, i wont have it to build over the winter lol.

Ive got some ideas im tossin around in my head for the suspension. Goina try somethin i havent seen anybody else do yet. But yall will have to wait n see where that goes... May get some objections to wat im plannin, but may get quite a few compliments too.

Ive got part of the body from our good friend/brother ernie. Thanks again ernie! Ive been doin a few changes to the accesories, but it kinda adds to where im goin with the theme.

Still tryin to decide which cab to go with. PL 66 ford, PL 79 ford, or the Vaterra 68 ford. Ive also considered the new ford cab as well. Not sure just yet. Suggestion?

Ive also got the wheels n tires mounted n waitin. Ive heard good things from alot of yall on the tires. If i dont like how they perform, ill go to the other tires ive come to love.

As for axles, i cant rightly afford $400+ for a set of curries. But if im lucky, hopefully mr ernie can help me out n work his magic on a set. Definantly lookin to get the driverside offset. If yall hadnt seen my other builds, im a ford guy lol.

Still waitin for josh or brandon to give us the green light on the VFD release. Really like the look of that trans, plus it seems to be one of the best trannys to come about.

As for electronics, im goin sensored BL this time. Ive got a castle mamba monster x, but would rather have the mamba x instead, we'll have to see how that goes later on. For the servo, im thinkin the powerhd 25kg. Ive had good luck with the 20kg, but want a lil more for this rig. Never had a servo winch before, but think thats the route ill go this time as well. May utilize the dig servo mount for a rear winch too. For the rx/tx, im goina order a few more rx for my fs gt5. Really like this radio.

That all ive got for now. Hope to have some more parts in next few weeks. Heres the list of parts so far

Vanquish VS4-10 chassis kit

Pitbull Combat 1.9 wheels

Vanquish VTX tires

Castle mamba monster x esc

Traxxas GTS shocks

Off brand light bar

Off brand underglo lights (blue)

Codyboy special homemade flat bed

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2019, 08:04 PM   #2
Gold Star Baby!

Default Re: Indys VS4-10

That bed looks great!

Congrats on getting the new build together, looks like it will be a good one.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 08:27 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Guess its my turn to get into the VS4-10 line up. Im still gatherin parts n ideas. Got a lil excited wen i tracked a packge today. My chassis kit was sittin in the porch wen i got in from work. I wanna put the chassis together, but i dont have all the parts i need. Plus if i do it now, i wont have it to build over the winter lol.

Ive got some ideas im tossin around in my head for the suspension. Goina try somethin i havent seen anybody else do yet. But yall will have to wait n see where that goes... May get some objections to wat im plannin, but may get quite a few compliments too.

Ive got part of the body from our good friend/brother ernie. Thanks again ernie! Ive been doin a few changes to the accesories, but it kinda adds to where im goin with the theme.

Still tryin to decide which cab to go with. PL 66 ford, PL 79 ford, or the Vaterra 68 ford. Ive also considered the new ford cab as well. Not sure just yet. Suggestion?

Ive also got the wheels n tires mounted n waitin. Ive heard good things from alot of yall on the tires. If i dont like how they perform, ill go to the other tires ive come to love.

As for axles, i cant rightly afford $400+ for a set of curries. But if im lucky, hopefully mr ernie can help me out n work his magic on a set. Definantly lookin to get the driverside offset. If yall hadnt seen my other builds, im a ford guy lol.

Still waitin for josh or brandon to give us the green light on the VFD release. Really like the look of that trans, plus it seems to be one of the best trannys to come about.

As for electronics, im goin sensored BL this time. Ive got a castle mamba monster x, but would rather have the mamba x instead, we'll have to see how that goes later on. For the servo, im thinkin the powerhd 25kg. Ive had good luck with the 20kg, but want a lil more for this rig. Never had a servo winch before, but think thats the route ill go this time as well. May utilize the dig servo mount for a rear winch too. For the rx/tx, im goina order a few more rx for my fs gt5. Really like this radio.

That all ive got for now. Hope to have some more parts in next few weeks. Heres the list of parts so far

Vanquish VS4-10 chassis kit

Pitbull Combat 1.9 wheels

Vanquish VTX tires

Castle mamba monster x esc

Traxxas GTS shocks

Off brand light bar

Off brand underglo lights (blue)

Codyboy special homemade flat bed

Aren't you going to put a smoke generator on the stacks?
Looks like a good start! Can you tell what the rails are around the bed??
Ernie

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 03-03-2020 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Please resist the urge to unnecessarily quote photos
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 03:16 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Thanks danza, im excited, ive wanted a VS4-10 since the origin came out. Goina try n take my time on buildin this one. My impatience usually gets the best of me. I get ansy n wanna see the finished product lol.

Ive thought about doin the smoke generator lol. Just havent decided for sure. It really needs black smoke though.

I looked at that bed a few times over n finally figured it out wen i was mountin the vise on it. Very creative way to use a picture frame lol, id never thought of doin that.

Old 09-18-2019, 04:41 AM   #5
Go Buckeyes!

Congrats man! Nice list of parts so far!

These VP chassis kits are nice and hard to beat for the price. Nice choice on the shocks. I've been running them on my Origin and love them. Super smooth and do not leak!

That bed looks cool and can't wait to see it mounted up to a body.

Subscribed and "liked" and looking forward to following your build!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 07:56 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Thanks B-mow, much appreciated!

Ive heard alot of good on the trx shocks, so figured id give them a shot.

Ernie done an outstandin job on this bed. Cant wait to see it mounted up myself lol.

As for a motor, im leanin hard toward the HH puller pro 2700kv

Old 09-18-2019, 06:11 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Ive been searchin for more parts. Ive come up with a few different designs, just not sure which i like better. The straight set is top links, but i think would work for lowers the way im goina try to set up the suspension. The bent ones that look like the top links are actually rear lower link. Then i also found the ones with the slotted holes vs the multiple round holes, they too are lower rear links.

Im kinda wonderin if the lower links would cause any bind wen goin over a obsticle bein as they have that slight bend. Plus, would it look better to have the straights on the front n the bent on the back? Or the same front n rear?

Color is also an option. The slotted ones only come in silver...

Which ones do yall think look better?

Old 09-18-2019, 07:17 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Ive been searchin for more parts. Ive come up with a few different designs, just not sure which i like better. The straight set is top links, but i think would work for lowers the way im goina try to set up the suspension. The bent ones that look like the top links are actually rear lower link. Then i also found the ones with the slotted holes vs the multiple round holes, they too are lower rear links.

Im kinda wonderin if the lower links would cause any bind wen goin over a obsticle bein as they have that slight bend. Plus, would it look better to have the straights on the front n the bent on the back? Or the same front n rear?

Color is also an option. The slotted ones only come in silver...

Which ones do yall think look better?

I like the black round holes the best.

If black and silver aren't your thing could always give them a hit with some spray paint. I did that the links on me VS4. The silver looked out of place with all the black so I did a flat red. I know it's going to get scratched but it gives it character I feel.
As for the binding issue I don't have a good answer.
carpetfuzz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 07:32 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetfuzz17 View Post
I like the black round holes the best.

If black and silver aren't your thing could always give them a hit with some spray paint. I did that the links on me VS4. The silver looked out of place with all the black so I did a flat red. I know it's going to get scratched but it gives it character I feel.

As for the binding issue I don't have a good answer.
The black would look good with those axles n the chassis. I think im goina go with gunmetal n either a deep purple or dark blue for the body. Kinda like how the black has the logo on them too.

Old 09-18-2019, 07:44 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
The black would look good with those axles n the chassis. I think im goina go with gunmetal n either a deep purple or dark blue for the body. Kinda like how the black has the logo on them too.

Can't argue with the black look the logo does add to it also. Liking the color ideas. I have done a couple race bodies before with those colors.
carpetfuzz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 07:49 PM   #11
RCC Addict

I got the wheels n tires mounted up about 3 or 4 weeks ago, couldnt wait to see them mounted lol. Went with CI lil novas foams. I have a set in some pitbulls n they do great. I got a pair of the soft n a pair of the mediums. I think i put the mediums in the fronts n softs in the rears.

The PB combat wheels were solid black. I used a fine tipped silver paint pen n touched up the accent lines of the spokes to give them the black n milled look.

On the tires i used a fine tipped white paint pen. I think they look pretty good.

It was kind of a pain to mount them up. Everytime id get one started good, one side of the bead would pop out. Even tryed puttin the tires in the freezer, but it didnt help. I think i was tightenin them up to much on one side. One i fought the first 2, the other 2 was rather easy lol.

Goina get a set of the Lockedup acorn screws for that added detail

Old 09-18-2019, 07:57 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetfuzz17 View Post
Can't argue with the black look the logo does add to it also. Liking the color ideas. I have done a couple race bodies before with those colors.
Purple is my fav color. Wen i got my 84 f150, first thing i did was sand it down, prime it n painted it purple. Needs a better paint job, it faded on me. It was a rich plum color wen i first painted it. Didnt do any body work lol, goina start it wen i get it back from the shop.

Had new bushings put in the suspension n a 2.5" lift bein done now. Eventually im goina throw a set of ton axles under it n a diesel under the hood. Be the only 1 ton, short bed step side id know of. May even go 6" lift wen i go to a 1t set up

Old 09-21-2019, 05:53 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Hey yall, ive been doin some thinkin bout wats next on the to get list.

Im tryin to stay on a budget, kinda like wat harley n matt do with they budget builds, but still get top of the line parts. So its a slow gathering of the parts dept.

For the lower links, im goin go with the black bent links. I think theyll look best. Ive found a good deal on some axles, which ill be gettin here soon. They may be over rated, for some peoples opinion, but i think im goina go with a set of insicion driveshafts.

Im still stuck on wat cab to go with. Very select few for the build im goin with. I omitted the newer style f250 cab, just to new for this one.

Wat do yall think? Which would look better? The 66, 68, or 79?

Old 09-21-2019, 08:43 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

IMHO, the '66 would go best with that bed.

Also has pretty big fender openings, whereas the Ascender Ford needs to be mounted high to not rub.

Personally, I think the '79 doesn't look all that great.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 04:42 AM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post

Also has pretty big fender openings, whereas the Ascender Ford needs to be mounted high to not rub.

Personally, I think the '79 doesn't look all that great.
79 id my fav body style out of the older models. But the 66 is a good lookin body style too.

Tally 1 up on the 66 lol. Thanks for the input durok!

Old 09-22-2019, 04:07 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Agreed!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 04:35 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX-D View Post
Agreed!

Thats 2 tallys lol.

I got curious, cause i dont much care for the 'sticker' grille they have for it. So i started searchin shapeways. RC NERDS just so happens to have the grille, light lenses, badges, dash, n dash board for the PL 66 ford. I bet if i keep diggin, they probably make the rest of the interior. If not, im sure i can find it of make it.

Man this build just keeps gettin better n the parts list longer lol. Now im goina have to get all new paint n tiny brushes for detail work. Havent dun that since i was a teenager.

Old 09-22-2019, 04:40 PM   #18
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Thats 2 tallys lol.

I got curious, cause i dont much care for the 'sticker' grille they have for it. So i started searchin shapeways. RC NERDS just so happens to have the grille, light lenses, badges, dash, n dash board for the PL 66 ford. I bet if i keep diggin, they probably make the rest of the interior. If not, im sure i can find it of make it.

Man this build just keeps gettin better n the parts list longer lol. Now im goina have to get all new paint n tiny brushes for detail work. Havent dun that since i was a teenager.

I like the 66 too, and the RC Nerds stuff is killer, especially for that body.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 06:28 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
I like the 66 too, and the RC Nerds stuff is killer, especially for that body.
Looks like the 66 it is lol, thanks guys, much appreciated!

Old 09-22-2019, 07:16 PM   #20
RCC Addict

You're welcome.

MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote

Indys VS4-10 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crawler505’s VS4-10 Crawler505 Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 19 10-13-2018 08:31 AM
Indys Wrekluse nmanuel01 2.2 Scale Rigs 4 02-22-2009 10:40 AM