Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: Sorry To See It Discontinued

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2019, 08:19 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Sorry To See It Discontinued

I have not payed much attention to crawlers for the summer months. I was surprised and sorry to see the Origin Kits come to a end. I have both and I do like the Origin a bit better than the Pro frame. I am drawn to the all the machined metal of the original. I have yet to run the Pro so I guess I'll have to wait to pass final judgement.
sherbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2019, 09:34 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Sorry To See It Discontinued

From what I understand, there were quite a few improvements made (over the Origin) in the Pro kit. Michael, from Vanquish, called me a few days ago, going over all the changes/upgrades, and based on that, I can say it sounds like it is VERY-much worth it. Additionally, when you consider the Origin originally sold for $899, and the Pro was released at $749 (same as the 'lowered' proving of the Origin, shortly before the Pro was released), it's an even better deal - better kit, and for $150 cheaper.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 10:03 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

The price is a advantage for sure. The low trans is also a plus. I just really like well machined metal parts and did not mind paying the extra for them. I enjoy the build and working on the crawlers as much as running them.
Old 10-13-2019, 10:19 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I plan on getting the VS4-10 Pro as my second crawler (first is the Axial Capra, which I'm almost finished building), as soon as the next batch is ready.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Old 10-13-2019, 10:36 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

The Pro in one of the finest available if not the best. I just like both the Origin and the Pro.
Old 10-13-2019, 11:04 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherbs View Post
The Pro in one of the finest available if not the best. I just like both the Origin and the Pro.
Even though I don't have mine yet...can't even order it yet...I'd probably have to agree. Right now, I'm just trying to figure out if it's possible to do a 4-wheel steering setup with the Pro, as is like to order any necessary parts at the same time I place the order for the Pro kit.

Obviously, I'll need a front axle w/center pumpkin...but I want to stick with the Currie F9. Vanquish does have the VPS07850, which is, technically, for the SCX10 II. However, if it's the same length as the VS4-10 Pro front axle, then I don't see why it shouldn't work. Even if it's off by a very minor amount, I should be able to "compensate" by using different front/rear hubs on the wheels. At least, this is my theory.

Again, I'm a crawler newb, with only one (still slightly-incomplete) crawler...so, what do I know?
Answer: Very little, but learning.

Old 10-14-2019, 05:15 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I just really like well machined metal parts and did not mind paying the extra for them.
I'll sell you the machined front and rear bumpers from my Origin if you really want a couple of boat anchors.
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 06:11 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Dawg View Post
I'll sell you the machined front and rear bumpers from my Origin if you really want a couple of boat anchors.
Photos?

Old 10-14-2019, 06:35 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

I'll take some pics tonight if you're really interested.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:41 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I'll take some pics tonight if you're really interested.
I just might be. Are they custom (ie. did you make them, it someone made them for you). Send them via PM, if you can. I (almost) always enjoy "unusual" things...you should see what I'm coming up for my Axial Capra (probably won't be ready for another 1-2 weeks, but you'll have to check the Capra threads, once I post the photos).

Old 10-14-2019, 10:15 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Me LHS still has an original Origin sitting on the shelf. They have it marked down to $739. I have considered a couple times of buying it just for the body and selling off the rest of the kit. I really like the original Origin body but can’t get me hands on any clear ones. If anyone has a clear body they aren’t using let me know I would be interested.
carpetfuzz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 10:36 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I like the bumpers, would be a nice set for the Pro. Don't need pics as I will refinish them. Meesage me with the details.

Last edited by sherbs; 10-14-2019 at 10:41 AM.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:43 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetfuzz17 View Post
Me LHS still has an original Origin sitting on the shelf. They have it marked down to $739. I have considered a couple times of buying it just for the body and selling off the rest of the kit. I really like the original Origin body but can’t get me hands on any clear ones. If anyone has a clear body they aren’t using let me know I would be interested.
Is Vanquish dropping the original body? AMain is still offering to back order them.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:51 AM   #14
Im Brandon

Quote:
Is Vanquish dropping the original body? AMain is still offering to back order them.
They body will be available again. Working on getting the next batch of Pro Kits out and the original body will be our priority after that.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 12:26 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
They body will be available again. Working on getting the next batch of Pro Kits out and the original body will be our priority after that.
Hot damn can’t wait

Save me 2 please
Old 10-14-2019, 12:28 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
They just slowed down production of it to pump out the half cab

On a side note a did the Vanquish sway bar you were asking about a will update me thread later with it installed
Old 10-14-2019, 12:33 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetfuzz17 View Post
They just slowed down production of it to pump out the half cab

On a side note a did the Vanquish sway bar you were asking about a will update me thread later with it installed
I still have it uninstalled, am looking forward to it.

Last edited by sherbs; 10-15-2019 at 04:43 PM.
Old 10-14-2019, 12:44 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
That is good to hear. Look forward to replacing one of my Origin bodies and later getting a Pro one as well.
Old 10-15-2019, 07:29 AM   #19
Rock Crawler

The real downside to the Origin being discontinued is that it had far better looking axles than the Pro has.

Last edited by GA Dawg; 10-15-2019 at 09:23 AM.
Old 10-15-2019, 08:02 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
The real downside to the Origin being discontinued is that it had far better looking axles then the Pro has.
Did not think of that, but you are correct. I am guessing Vanquish has to limit the number of items produced to keep up with demand. In my area skilled machinest's are not all that common to come by. Maybe Bandon will comment on my theory?

Sorry To See It Discontinued - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discontinued??? gdb85 RC4WD Trail Finder 2 76 06-21-2015 08:33 AM
CC Discontinued??? Matt138 Duratrax Cliff Climber 7 04-28-2010 02:05 PM
Discontinued?! TonkaYota Chit Chat 15 06-19-2007 09:35 PM
discontinued no more... fokai Chit Chat 37 02-26-2007 05:42 PM