Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: Motor options for VS410 Pro

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2021, 11:04 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Motor options for VS410 Pro

Yay. Pictures

Medium should be fine.
I aim for 800 px width in this forum.
GrimmTheTourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2021, 04:40 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Maybe I missed some details here but can you fit the Hobbywing Quicrun Fusion FOC in the VS410 Ultra?
OnTheTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 12:26 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Required trimming to fit an AXE 540L, which is 58mm long, and the Fusion is 64mm long, so I'm gonna say... nope. In the photos, it looks like there's ~2mm between the end of the can and the transfer case. Which is a shame, as the Fusion is a fantastic setup.
DrIsotope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 02:40 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

To fit the Fusion you could do what a number of people have said they've done and remove the red end cover on the motor and it will fit but there is a component of the built in ESC that has a thermal pad on it that rests against that cover so the cover may be acting as a heat sink. Some of the early reviewers claimed the Fusion ran a bit warm so removing the end cover may cause issues but none the folks that have done this have reported one way or the other.

Or you could go nuts and do what I did. Make a longer top shaft for the transmission, longer standoffs for the motor plate, and a new skid and have what Vanquish should have made in the first place, a transmission that will accommodate any 540 or 550 can motor.
Attached Images

mjensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 03:59 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjensen View Post
To fit the Fusion you could do what a number of people have said they've done and remove the red end cover on the motor and it will fit but there is a component of the built in ESC that has a thermal pad on it that rests against that cover so the cover may be acting as a heat sink. Some of the early reviewers claimed the Fusion ran a bit warm so removing the end cover may cause issues but none the folks that have done this have reported one way or the other.

Or you could go nuts and do what I did. Make a longer top shaft for the transmission, longer standoffs for the motor plate, and a new skid and have what Vanquish should have made in the first place, a transmission that will accommodate any 540 or 550 can motor.
I've been looking at getting the VS4-10 Phoenix and wanted to use the Hobbywing QuicRun Fusion 1800KV in it as well. Do you have any more information on how this worked out for you? pictures of the clearances when it is all installed in the truck?
Lil'taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 04:48 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjensen View Post

That's rad. Any chance we can see/hear more details on how you made the top shaft? I'm interested in shortening one up, actually.
DRED805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 03:35 AM   #27
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'taco View Post
I've been looking at getting the VS4-10 Phoenix and wanted to use the Hobbywing QuicRun Fusion 1800KV in it as well. Do you have any more information on how this worked out for you? pictures of the clearances when it is all installed in the truck?

To be honest I built that transmission to go into a custom chassis. To get it to fit into the Vanquish Ultra chassis would require a new skid, front motor mounts, and steering servo mount at very least. I expect the Phoenix would be the same. If you want to use an all in one combo you might check out the new Spektrum motor/esc combo which I believe is shorter than the Hobbywing and may fit.

Last edited by mjensen; 12-30-2021 at 03:58 AM.
Old 12-30-2021, 03:57 AM   #28
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRED805 View Post
That's rad. Any chance we can see/hear more details on how you made the top shaft? I'm interested in shortening one up, actually.

I had a brief explanation over in my VFD Capra build thread.

VFD Capra...Can I Still Call It A Capra?

It worked great and was pretty easy to do with some pretty simple tools. The most critical thing is getting the spacing of the 2mm cross pin holes on either end of the shaft right.

I eventually found someone to machine me some custom one piece shafts but I still have the one I made in one of my VFD transmissions and it works as well as the custom ones.

Motor options for VS410 Pro - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mamba Max Pro motor options.. opinions wanted. morg59jeep Team Losi Comp Crawler 24 11-27-2009 11:17 AM