Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: Jato Repents with a VS4-10 Origin Limited Kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2019, 02:35 PM   #41

Default Re: Jato Repents with a VS4-10 Origin Limited Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Did you get your shocks sorted out?
I posted an update on Facebook. The “cartridge” wouldn’t come out so I tightened it and removed the shock shafts out the top. The other three were so tight that they wouldn’t budge so I gave up before something stripped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Yeah I made out fine just fully threading all of the links on except the steering link which needs a spacer or to not be fully threaded on to get the front tires parallel.

I also though the push pin holding the Tekin servo horn was odd. I also found the servo horn didn't work for the VS4-10 since it hits the frame, it needs more offset to clear. It is a nice that they include it though.
I’ll keep an eye out for my steering then.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2019, 03:33 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I posted an update on Facebook. The “cartridge” wouldn’t come out so I tightened it and removed the shock shafts out the top. The other three were so tight that they wouldn’t budge so I gave up before something stripped.
Mine were also super tight, top and bottom. I though I'd have to resort to tools but I was able to force them off. Though I was very close to giving up.
I think the oddest part about that is when screwed back on they just come to a full stop. They dont seem to get a tight feeling as you finish threading it and I feel like I cant tighten them very much. I guess the way its designed it just bottoms out at a certain point. Anyway I dont know how VP got them so tight, I cant seem to get them that snug.

To me it feels like the bladder doesn't get compressed much when the cap is tight. I know its not meant to be smashed but It seems like it could benefit from a little more "crush". I considered printing a thin spacer to place between the bladder and the cap.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 06:35 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Mine were also super tight, top and bottom. I though I'd have to resort to tools but I was able to force them off. Though I was very close to giving up.
I think the oddest part about that is when screwed back on they just come to a full stop. They dont seem to get a tight feeling as you finish threading it and I feel like I cant tighten them very much. I guess the way its designed it just bottoms out at a certain point. Anyway I dont know how VP got them so tight, I cant seem to get them that snug.

To me it feels like the bladder doesn't get compressed much when the cap is tight. I know its not meant to be smashed but It seems like it could benefit from a little more "crush". I considered printing a thin spacer to place between the bladder and the cap.
I tried using tools - shock piers and an adjustable. I can't get the inner shock bottom off. The outer shock bottoms were finger tight. The caps were overtightened and I needed tools to remove those. They are definitely overtightening them at the factory.

Upon reassembly I can get the top tight, but the bottom cap never seems to get tighter than finger tight. I didn't want to use tools and ruin the finish or pinch the X-rings.
Old 12-12-2019, 07:00 PM   #44
Rock Stacker

Not sure why but the element sendero chassis reminds me of the vs4’s , obviously the poor mans version . Maybe the servo/ servo winch and battery mount ? Anyone else feel the same?
iplaywithrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 07:03 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplaywithrocks View Post
Not sure why but the element sendero chassis reminds me of the vs4’s , obviously the poor mans version . Maybe the servo/ servo winch and battery mount ? Anyone else feel the same?

Not at all. But if you base it on the servo and servo which location then they're both copies of the Vaterra Ascender.
Old 12-12-2019, 07:28 PM   #46
Rock Stacker

I’ll have to look at the ascender.
iplaywithrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 07:29 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplaywithrocks View Post
I’ll have to look at the ascender.

It's the first mass produced kit I can think of that had the steering servo up front with a spot for a servo winch right next to it.
Old 12-14-2019, 02:27 PM   #48

Did anybody else have trouble mounting the VXT tires? I'm using the Vanquish MR310 wheels. I've never had such difficulty mounting tires. I believe it's because the holes in the tires seem to be oversized. I'm not sure if you can tell from these photos, but the hole on the VXT's is significantly larger than the hole in the JConcepts Landmines and the Proline TSL XL's.

Also, the foams are absolute garbage. I was wondering why it looked like the tire had a flat spot. I pulled out the foam and found the foam has a deformation that is permanent.

I thought maybe I got one bad foam so I pulled out all four and found they all have the same issue. Absolutely inexcusable to include unusable foams in a $900 kit.

These foams are very similar to the junk that Boom Racing had in their tires when I tried them. There's no memory to the Vanquish foams. They come deformed and they stay that way.

Old 12-14-2019, 02:38 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Did anybody else have trouble mounting the VXT tires? I'm using the Vanquish MR310 wheels. I've never had such difficulty mounting tires. I believe it's because the holes in the tires seem to be oversized. I'm not sure if you can tell from these photos, but the hole on the VXT's is significantly larger than the hole in the JConcepts Landmines and the Proline TSL XL's.

Also, the foams are absolute garbage. I was wondering why it looked like the tire had a flat spot. I pulled out the foam and found the foam has a deformation that is permanent.

I thought maybe I got one bad foam so I pulled out all four and found they all have the same issue. Absolutely inexcusable to include unusable foams in a $900 kit.

These foams are very similar to the junk that Boom Racing had in their tires when I tried them. There's no memory to the Vanquish foams. They come deformed and they stay that way.

Hey Tim, did you try putting them in a microwave for a few seconds a time? Some times that will help them reform.
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 10:06 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Or a quick soak in some hot water, squeeze and let dry. Sometimes helps them reform.

Yes, I've had a mother of a time trying to mount those tires too.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 12:04 AM   #51
Gold Star Baby!

They are not easy to mount. I found putting them in the freezer for a while first helped. Also trimming a bit of a beveled edge on the inside of the foams helped.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 05:51 AM   #52
Rock Crawler

I had to cut a bevel on the inside of my foams in order to mount the tires. They were the hardest set of tires I have ever mounted.
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 06:10 AM   #53
I wanna be Dave

I’ve mounted 6 sets....... I have no clue why. Awfully hard to mount, averages 25 min each. I can mount any pitbulls in less than 10. Trim the foams, grab a root beer or three.

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 06:14 AM   #54
Go Buckeyes!

Default Jato Repents with a VS4-10 Origin Limited Kit

Same here. Had a very hard time mounting these. I also put my tires in the freezer for a few hours. I also beveled my foams. You might not need to bevel as much as I did though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
B-MOW71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 07:20 AM   #55

Default Jato Repents with a VS4-10 Origin Limited Kit

Thanks, all. I'm using CI two-stage foams because the stock ones aren't worth using. On top of being deformed, they are rock hard. The CI foams are already beveled at the bead.

When you stick the tires in the freezer do you keep the foams inside? I've tried freezing tires once and then you're working with a bunch of condensation.
Old 12-15-2019, 07:59 AM   #56
Go Buckeyes!

I took my foams out before the tires went into the freezer. I didn't have any problem with condensation.

If I remember right, I think the main problem with the tires back when the Origin kits first came out is that the foams were shipped inside the tires. As the tires sat in the box, the foams pushed out on the tire bead causing the bead to be very large. (This was a year and half ago, so my mind may be failing me!)

After I froze my tires and beveled the foams, the tires went together a little easier. But I had to work fast so that the tires didn't warm back up!

I just took a look at my tires and foams that came with my PRO. The tires seem to be a little softer. The foams did ship inside the tires, but the are not pushing out on the bead like the they did on my Origin. I still haven't tried to mount my PRO tires and foams yet, but by the way they look compared to my Origin, I think these will be easier to mount.

I think you are better off going with the CI foams anyways. I too thought the stock foams were way to hard.
B-MOW71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 04:05 PM   #57

After about 6 hours in the freezer, two of them mounted with a fight. The last two will not. The beads keep pulling out as I tighten the 6 screws. After about 5 tries on each of these tires, I give up.
Old 12-15-2019, 07:54 PM   #58
Slow is the new Fast

I impressed by your perseverance

That experience ranks high on my RC list of ‘F* it’ moments
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 06:25 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
I impressed by your perseverance

That experience ranks high on my RC list of ‘F* it’ moments
It's very frustrating. I don't see myself running the VXT tires for long, but I do want to try them because the compound feels decent.
Old 12-16-2019, 06:27 AM   #60
RCC Addict

Quote:
It's very frustrating. I don't see myself running the VXT tires for long, but I do want to try them because the compound feels decent.
jato if need be send them in and i will mount the tires for you
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jatotheripper, limited, origin, vanquish, vs4-10

Jato Repents with a VS4-10 Origin Limited Kit - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
B-MOW's VS4-10 Origin Limited B-MOW71 Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 40 09-15-2023 06:18 AM
Vanquish VS4-10 Origin Limited Build/Thoughts Issues rohrej Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 131 03-26-2021 08:09 AM
💥💥Coupon Codes Now Available On Vanquish VS4-10 Origin Limited & Limited Black Kits RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 02-26-2019 11:21 AM
IN STOCK Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin Limited Black Kit! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 1 12-27-2018 08:05 PM
PRE ORDER NOW the Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin Limited Black Kit! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 12-17-2018 04:20 PM