Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: Jato Repents with a VS4-10 Origin Limited Kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2020, 10:54 PM   #121
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Jato Repents with a VS4-10 Origin Limited Kit

You could have harmed a Harley...it's allowable...but, only one. My Kawis, Hondas, Suzukis, and (first) Yamaha, give you permission...although, I'm sure the Buell I always wanted, but never got, wouldn't forgive you.

By the way, good to know about the 'corn cushions'...thanks for the tip. I'll have to see about applying it (literally, and figuratively) to my off-road & on-road vehicles.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Last edited by Panther6834; 01-12-2020 at 10:58 PM.
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2020, 06:25 AM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
Truck looks awesome! Paint is simple but it’s clean and sharp.

Great to know about the traxxas receiver box, we don’t run into much water out here but that’s an awesome tip for those that do. I vote silver radiator all day, too cool of a piece to have for a body set to be hidden in black behind a black grill.

Great looking rig jato!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
You could have harmed a Harley...it's allowable...but, only one. My Kawis, Hondas, Suzukis, and (first) Yamaha, give you permission...although, I'm sure the Buell I always wanted, but never got, wouldn't forgive you.

By the way, good to know about the 'corn cushions'...thanks for the tip. I'll have to see about applying it (literally, and figuratively) to my off-road & on-road vehicles.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
I've never owned a Harley and don't know that I ever will, but I've learned to see their appeal. When done right, they are great looking bikes and nobody does paint like Harley.

Harley dropped Buell like a bad habit after they got what they needed out of Erik so I don't think any Buell would mind if any Harleys were hurt.

I love my XB12Scg!

20180609_115312

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 01-13-2020 at 06:35 AM.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:57 AM   #123
Go Buckeyes!

I first saw the big reveal on IG and then on FB (yes, I am a traitor too!). Now this is the third time I am seeing it and I have to say it gets better and better every time I see it!

Origin turned out very nice Jato! Paint job is very clean and looks nice! Orange has always been one of my favorite colors. Hats off to your local guy that painted it! I like how Cato looks and fits in the driver seat too. He's a perfect fit (from the waist up)!

Sad to hear about the anodizing. I did not notice any imperfections on my Origin or Pro. My Origin has had many hard runs on it and the anodizing is holding up well.

I really like how the Molotow chrome pen looks. It looks like the pieces were chrome plated! I definitely need to get one of those pens. It looks a ton better than my silver Sharpie that I used on my headlight buckets.

Looking forward to seeing and hearing how the first run goes!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 08:06 AM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
I first saw the big reveal on IG and then on FB (yes, I am a traitor too!). Now this is the third time I am seeing it and I have to say it gets better and better every time I see it!

Origin turned out very nice Jato! Paint job is very clean and looks nice! Orange has always been one of my favorite colors. Hats off to your local guy that painted it! I like how Cato looks and fits in the driver seat too. He's a perfect fit (from the waist up)!

Sad to hear about the anodizing. I did not notice any imperfections on my Origin or Pro. My Origin has had many hard runs on it and the anodizing is holding up well.

I really like how the Molotow chrome pen looks. It looks like the pieces were chrome plated! I definitely need to get one of those pens. It looks a ton better than my silver Sharpie that I used on my headlight buckets.

Looking forward to seeing and hearing how the first run goes!
Thanks a lot for the kind words! So Rallye stripes or no stripes?

Good to hear. Hopefully my anodizing holds up well on the trails.

Yes, those pens are awesome! They aren't cheap, but they are worth it. If you are an airbrusher I believe you can apply it that way as well.

I can't wait to run it either!
Old 01-13-2020, 01:12 PM   #125
Im Brandon

I think the guys referring to using a 9T pinion on the VS4-10 are talking about the Pro kits with the VFD trans. You're right, the 3 gear trans does not have enough travel for that small of a pinion.

Looks good. Vanquish may have even shared your post on IG
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 01:50 PM   #126
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Harley dropped Buell like a bad habit after they got what they needed out of Erik so I don't think any Buell would mind if any Harleys were hurt. I love my XB12Scg!20180609_115312
Ok, I am SERIOUSLY jealous now. I sorta-kinda understand Erik's reasoning behind selling to HD...but, I also think he was an idiot for doing so. He should have been intelligent to "read between the lines", and figure out their true intentions. Harley robbed & blindsided him the same way Ray Kroc robbed & blindsided the McDonald brothers. I wanted an XB9R (Firebolt) so bad...but, by the time I was close to having the needed down-payment, Harley had announced they were "discontinuing" (their wording) the Buell line.

Old 01-13-2020, 01:51 PM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
I think the guys referring to using a 9T pinion on the VS4-10 are talking about the Pro kits with the VFD trans. You're right, the 3 gear trans does not have enough travel for that small of a pinion.

Looks good. Vanquish may have even shared your post on IG
Ah that makes more sense.

Thank you! I saw the IG story. Thank you to you or whoever is controlling the IG account. I'm honored.

Quote:
Ok, I am SERIOUSLY jealous now. I sorta-kinda understand Erik's reasoning behind selling to HD...but, I also think he was an idiot for doing so. He should have been intelligent to "read between the lines", and figure out their true intentions. Harley robbed & blindsided him the same way Ray Kroc robbed & blindsided the McDonald brothers. I wanted an XB9R (Firebolt) so bad...but, by the time I was close to having the needed down-payment, Harley had announced they were "discontinuing" (their wording) the Buell line.

Erik is a dreamer, a doer and a great engineer, but not a great business man, sadly. I think the history of Buell has proven that. I think Erik only saw lots of dollar signs from HD which could really help Buell grow and evolve into a real sport bike competitor. I'm sure he was also fed a lot of bullshit promises by Harley. Like you, I think it seems they used him to improve the Sporster and other engines and then dumped him. But Buells weren't selling much either so there was no way the brand could have survived. Harley didn't really stand behind them though or push to make them successful. Even most HD dealers wanted nothing to do with Buell.

XB's are very cheap now if you really do want one. But you should probably get in before they become the "it" bike to have and prices go crazy.

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 01-13-2020 at 02:03 PM.
Old 01-13-2020, 02:53 PM   #128
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Ah that makes more sense.

Thank you! I saw the IG story. Thank you to you or whoever is controlling the IG account. I'm honored.

Erik is a dreamer, a doer and a great engineer, but not a great business man, sadly. I think the history of Buell has proven that. I think Erik only saw lots of dollar signs from HD which could really help Buell grow and evolve into a real sport bike competitor. I'm sure he was also fed a lot of bullshit promises by Harley. Like you, I think it seems they used him to improve the Sporster and other engines and then dumped him. But Buells weren't selling much either so there was no way the brand could have survived. Harley didn't really stand behind them though or push to make them successful. Even most HD dealers wanted nothing to do with Buell.

XB's are very cheap now if you really do want one. But you should probably get in before they become the "it" bike to have and prices go crazy.
I know exactly what you mean. Prior to HD buying Buell, I had a "joke" that Harleys spent more time in the shop than they did on the road. Since "incorporating" (ie. "stealing") Buell's engineering into the HD engines, combined with the joint work done with BMW (V-Rod), Harley engines miraculously became better. After getting their hands on the Buell tech, HD dissolved Buell. Then, after further improvements, thanks to BMW, & the V-Rod, they discontinued the V-line.

As far as I'm aware, they've completely dissolved their "partnership" with BMW. As I understand it, BMW manufactured the engines in the original V-Rods. Then, in the model's later years, BMW still manufactured the parts, but HD built the engines. I'm sure Harley was using this time to "reverse engineer" the V-Rod's BMW engines, and then use all they learned to make the Harley engines better. What it boils down to is, HD is a company that thrives off of using others, and then they "get rid" of them...which is one of the reasons why I'll never own a Harley.

Old 01-13-2020, 03:20 PM   #129

Quote:
I know exactly what you mean. Prior to HD buying Buell, I had a "joke" that Harleys spent more time in the shop than they did on the road. Since "incorporating" (ie. "stealing") Buell's engineering into the HD engines, combined with the joint work done with BMW (V-Rod), Harley engines miraculously became better. After getting their hands on the Buell tech, HD dissolved Buell. Then, after further improvements, thanks to BMW, & the V-Rod, they discontinued the V-line.

As far as I'm aware, they've completely dissolved their "partnership" with BMW. As I understand it, BMW manufactured the engines in the original V-Rods. Then, in the model's later years, BMW still manufactured the parts, but HD built the engines. I'm sure Harley was using this time to "reverse engineer" the V-Rod's BMW engines, and then use all they learned to make the Harley engines better. What it boils down to is, HD is a company that thrives off of using others, and then they "get rid" of them...which is one of the reasons why I'll never own a Harley.

The V-Rod engine was designed by Porsche and manufactured by Harley although Porsche was somehow involved in that as well.

I can't say I know of HD working with BMW.

HD is trying to make a liquid cooled Buell of their own in the form of the Bronx motorcycle.
Old 01-13-2020, 03:27 PM   #130
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
The V-Rod engine was designed by Porsche and manufactured by Harley although Porsche was somehow involved in that as well.

I can't say I know of HD working with BMW.

HD is trying to make a liquid cooled Buell of their own in the form of the Bronx motorcycle.
My bad...meant Porsche, not BMW. While my clien was in his last meeting, I was sitting at a Taco Bell, and parked just outside the wondering was a brand new 1250GS. You know where my mind was...lol

Last edited by Panther6834; 01-13-2020 at 03:29 PM.
Old 01-13-2020, 10:12 PM   #131
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the kind words! So Rallye stripes or no stripes?

Good to hear. Hopefully my anodizing holds up well on the trails.

Yes, those pens are awesome! They aren't cheap, but they are worth it. If you are an airbrusher I believe you can apply it that way as well.

I can't wait to run it either!
Really gorgeous paintjob on a sweet build, my man!

Need help deciding on Rallye stripes?

Not sure you've seen this site, but they have some fantastic decals - here's their Rallye stripe options - 10 styles in any of 3 colors:

https://www.shopsorgraphics.com/coll...ly-stripe-kits
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 09:24 AM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Really gorgeous paintjob on a sweet build, my man!

Need help deciding on Rallye stripes?

Not sure you've seen this site, but they have some fantastic decals - here's their Rallye stripe options - 10 styles in any of 3 colors:

https://www.shopsorgraphics.com/coll...ly-stripe-kits
Thank you!

I've looked at the SOR stripes and had them in my cart numerous times, but I'm just not the biggest fan. And he won't even make one that says "Rallye" because I asked him.

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 01-14-2020 at 09:43 AM.
Old 01-14-2020, 09:30 AM   #133
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
So Rallye stripes or no stripes?
My vote is for the Rallye stripes!

At the time I built my Origin, the stripes were rare and hard to find. I think I may add the stripes to my original Origin body now that there are more options.
Old 01-14-2020, 09:31 AM   #134
I wanna be Dave

Don't know if you've heard, but Vanquish is getting ready to release another...possibly higher-end...VS4-10, this one called the VS4-10 Ultra.

Old 01-14-2020, 09:45 AM   #135

Quote:
My vote is for the Rallye stripes!

At the time I built my Origin, the stripes were rare and hard to find. I think I may add the stripes to my original Origin body now that there are more options.
I can't find any options besides SOR. Do you know of other places to get them?

Quote:
Don't know if you've heard, but Vanquish is getting ready to release another...possibly higher-end...VS4-10, this one called the VS4-10 Ultra.

Where did you see/hear that? I was thinking that's the name of the Capra portal axle.
Old 01-14-2020, 09:52 AM   #136
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
I can't find any options besides SOR. Do you know of other places to get them?

Where did you see/hear that? I was thinking that's the name of the Capra portal axle.
I did see that SOR had them. At the moment I can't remember who else makes them. I'll have do a little research!

I also watched the Scale News Update this morning and it seemed like Harley was hinting at a new version of the VS4-10 with portals called the VS4-10 Ultra. Not really sure yet!
Old 01-14-2020, 09:52 AM   #137
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Check Harley's weekly new update (YouTube). He makes a brief mention of it, along with a very-short 'teaser' video clip, then he admits to knowing a lot more (obviously), but can't say anything until the official announcement "coming soon".

Old 01-14-2020, 09:56 AM   #138

Quote:
I did see that SOR had them. At the moment I can't remember who else makes them. I'll have do a little research!

I also watched the Scale News Update this morning and it seemed like Harley was hinting at a new version of the VS4-10 with portals called the VS4-10 Ultra. Not really sure yet!
Quote:
Check Harley's weekly new update (YouTube). He makes a brief mention of it, along with a very-short 'teaser' video clip, then he admits to knowing a lot more (obviously), but can't say anything until the official announcement "coming soon".

Cool. I'm guessing the VS4-10 Ultra will have portals. I'm excited to see what they have up their sleeve.
Old 01-17-2020, 08:31 AM   #139

Quote:
Cool. I'm guessing the VS4-10 Ultra will have portals. I'm excited to see what they have up their sleeve.
Looks like I was good at guessing and I have an Ultra on preorder!

Now, I have a question. Has anybody found a way to angle the motor wires coming out of the Mamba X? This photo of the Mamba X that was in my SCX10 II, but it shows the motor wires sticking straight up out of the plugs on the ESC. These wires interfere with the interior on my Limited when I install the body and I'm trying to gain a little more room. I don't want the wires to rub on the interior and rub off the paint. I also don't want to wreck the wires or, worse, the plugs in the ESC when bending the wires over to clear the interior.

Old 01-17-2020, 08:52 AM   #140
RCC Addict

Do they make 90 degree 4 mm bullet plugs that you could solder your wire to and then to the ESC?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jatotheripper, limited, origin, vanquish, vs4-10

Jato Repents with a VS4-10 Origin Limited Kit - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
B-MOW's VS4-10 Origin Limited B-MOW71 Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 40 09-15-2023 06:18 AM
Vanquish VS4-10 Origin Limited Build/Thoughts Issues rohrej Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 131 03-26-2021 08:09 AM
💥💥Coupon Codes Now Available On Vanquish VS4-10 Origin Limited & Limited Black Kits RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 02-26-2019 11:21 AM
IN STOCK Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin Limited Black Kit! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 1 12-27-2018 08:05 PM
PRE ORDER NOW the Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin Limited Black Kit! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 12-17-2018 04:20 PM