Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: Extended shock towers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2019, 12:11 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Extended shock towers

Who has this mod on their Pro? What shocks do you run with it? Just realized fine print says cannot run 90mm shocks

Please post pics of your setuo. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
natskiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2019, 07:46 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Extended shock towers

I've got the extended shock towers on one of my two VS4-10 chassis-based rigs. I used them to keep the ride height reasonable with TRX-4 axles. For shocks, I am using the Incision 90mm Scale Shocks. I haven't tried them with non-portal axles, though. I bet the ride height would be mega-low.

boldfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 06:36 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldfin View Post
I've got the extended shock towers on one of my two VS4-10 chassis-based rigs. I used them to keep the ride height reasonable with TRX-4 axles. For shocks, I am using the Incision 90mm Scale Shocks. I haven't tried them with non-portal axles, though. I bet the ride height would be mega-low.
You didn't run into any clearance issues between the VFD transmission and the TRX-4 axles?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 07:53 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
You didn't run into any clearance issues between the VFD transmission and the TRX-4 axles?
Yes, I did have clearance issues with the VFD and both sets on non-VP axles I tried to use (i.e TRX-4 axles and the SSD Trail King offset front axle). The top picture was taken before I gave up on making the VFD work with TRX-4 axles, and at the time it still had the extended shock towers. That chassis now has VP D44 axles and standard-height shock towers on it.

I ended up building a second VS4-10 chassis with an Origin-style 3-gear trans, and swapped the TRX-4 axles over to that chassis. The bottom picture shows how that second chassis sits currently with the extended shock towers and 90mm Incision Shocks. That setup works well.

Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited by boldfin; 12-28-2019 at 07:55 PM.
boldfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 07:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldfin View Post
Yes, I did have clearance issues with the VFD and both sets on non-VP axles I tried to use (i.e TRX-4 axles and the SSD Trail King offset front axle). The top picture was taken before I gave up on making the VFD work with TRX-4 axles, and at the time it still had the extended shock towers. That chassis now has VP D44 axles and standard-height shock towers on it.

I ended up building a second VS4-10 chassis with an Origin-style 3-gear trans, and swapped the TRX-4 axles over to that chassis. The bottom picture shows how that second chassis sits currently with the extended shock towers and 90mm Incision Shocks.

Sorry for any confusion.

Thanks for the update!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Extended shock towers - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Substitute Shock Towers? Still Bill Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 1 10-30-2019 06:14 AM
Extended Shock Towers psupaulb Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 0 10-16-2019 03:40 PM
Shock towers jeeptec Axial SCX-10 2 05-23-2017 04:33 PM
shock towers travis43822 Axial SCX-10 2 01-17-2011 04:14 PM
****Shock Towers**** 73formulabird Axial SCX-10 2 05-02-2010 01:16 PM