Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: Diving in head-first...here we go!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2020, 04:37 PM   #21

Default Re: Diving in head-first...here we go!

Looks good. I have to say I love the look of the Axial Falken tires.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2020, 04:51 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Looks good. I have to say I love the look of the Axial Falken tires.
Thanks man.

I'll be happier once they have some real foams in them. The sponges Axial includes barely hold the rig up on flat ground. And there's nothing really even in the car yet. Definitely happy with the looks though. Was a bit worried about mounting such a narrow tire on the wider Method 105s (1.2" wide). But the wider wheels ended up working out a little better. They look a little more scale and a little less bloated on the wider wheel. Good thing too...I didn't realize they were a 1.2" wide wheel until after I had already ordered them and they were shipped.

BTW, final hub size ended up being a .350 with this combo.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
89redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 01:11 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Got my foams from Crawler Innovations and got them installed. Much better! Also got my stainless screw kit from Team KNK finally. First time dealing with them, but already impressed. This is the most complete stainless kit I have ever used. So far, the only screws I can't find in the kit are stainless replacements for the factory plastic Incision wheels. But I'm not using them anyway. Still need to swap all the axle hardware to stainless. Waiting for my shims to show up so I can do all of it at once.

Oh, and an Enduro joined the family yesterday. My girlfriend bought her very own first rig. Stoked on that. Family crawling this Summer is going to be good. So watch for a thread for it here soon.

Nevermind the floor jack in my living room. It was a gift that hasn't yet migrated to my already overfilled single car garage.

Old 03-18-2020, 08:08 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Borrowed Shelly's Enduro to run down to the local hobby shop today. Of course, practicing my "social distancing." Even though I do that naturally.

Anyway, managed to come home with quite the haul. A Mamba X, Castle Link, and a Holmes Hobbies 2700KV Puller Pro V2. Couldn't decide between a motor on the lower (2200~) or higher (3500~) side of KV ratings, so this split the gap. Being one of few V2s I could find in stock ANYWHERE, it made my decision easy. And we all know Castle stuff is hard to find right now, so I was happy they had one last Mamba X buried under other parts where nobody else could find it.

Now, time to pick up a new TX/RX setup, new batteries for all our rigs (6 total), and a new charger. As much as it sucks to sell everything and start over, I'm really enjoying the new stuff.

Last edited by 89redranger; 03-18-2020 at 09:55 PM.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:47 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Motor is installed with a 14t pinion for now. Apparently they decided to clock the sensor port and power leads differently than the V1 Puller Pro and most other motors. Ended up having to Dremel a little notch in the skid to clear the lowest terminal. Rotating the motor to the next set of holes (60*) would have pinched the motor wires under the black threaded standoff for the VFD trans.

Eh, whatever...30 second fix.

Old 03-26-2020, 05:26 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Got batteries the other day and spent a few hours soldering on XT60s. Got my dig unit, 21% OD gears, Protek 100T shift servo, and Vanquish 24mm horn and got it all installed and tuned. Electronics are a mess right now...waiting for some goodies to get those cleaned up.

Waiting for a call or email back from Holmes Hobbies at the moment. Having an issue when running wide open throttle. Anything above 80% kills the whole truck and the ESC reboots. And the motor will only run with the motor wires reversed. Weird...

Also picked up an Origin body for my Pro. Not a big fan of the half cab. But...I'm going to have to trim the edges of the body like the Pro halfcab. The Origin lid doesn't have those notches and sits up ON the bumpers.

Old 03-26-2020, 06:13 PM   #27
Im Brandon

Build looks great. Nice work.

Im a sucker for the Origin body as well. Definitely need to paint another one up for my Pro Kit.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 04:01 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Build looks great. Nice work.

Im a sucker for the Origin body as well. Definitely need to paint another one up for my Pro Kit.
Thanks man. You guys did one hell of a job on this rig. Unfortunately, after buying another Scout body, I'm kinda taking a liking to some of these Power Wagon truggies I've been seeing. Not certain yet but, I may just end up picking up a PW lid and bending up some tube.

Old 03-29-2020, 01:30 PM   #29
RCC Addict

Spent some time today trying to figure out what was going on with my motor. Between a buddy and another fella on Facebook I managed to track down the issue. The sensor lead provided with the motor has some pins installed in incorrect sockets.

According to this diagram I found on Google, pins 2 and 3...the hall effect sensors for phases B and C. Got them pulled and installed in the correct sockets and the motor is now running smoothly. Lots of power on tap and buttery smooth on the bottom. As it should be.

Time to figure out my body/truggy situation and get something accomplished so we can all get out on the rocks when this quarantine stuff is over with. No better time to be building I guess...

Diving in head-first...here we go! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I'm diving in! TF2 or Dingo..hmmm Indetrucks Newbie General 21 01-22-2014 12:17 PM
Celebrity diving....Really!!! RiceBurner Chit Chat 3 04-06-2013 07:52 PM
Commercial Diving with Griz Grizzly4x4 Chit Chat 35 09-18-2010 10:30 AM
Sky Diving? How about Space Diving? Bryan732 Chit Chat 0 07-15-2010 07:31 AM
Diving Accident NSFW K_Willis Chit Chat 24 09-19-2009 08:31 AM