Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: My Ultra Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2020, 04:33 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: My Ultra Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by hezzdown View Post
So I did a thing today. I purchased the stl files from Knights Customs to mount the SCX10.3 Jeep JL body on the vs410. The file pack comes with the front and rear mounts as well as sliders.

I also ordered the JL body, along with the rear fender set, rear body mount set, front fender/radiator set, and body detail set.

Knights Customs also has a inner fender set but I think I can get away using the vs410 ones (way cheaper).

For now I am going to forgo the JL interior, I can always add that later if I really want it.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Nice, Looks really good on the VS4-10, I am considering doing it as well (if I only had a 3D printer that is).

Just FYI, I think in the SCX10.3 forum I saw the replacement JL bodies and related hardware do not come with any screws.
RCBrutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2020, 05:38 PM   #42
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBrutus View Post
Nice, Looks really good on the VS4-10, I am considering doing it as well (if I only had a 3D printer that is).

Just FYI, I think in the SCX10.3 forum I saw the replacement JL bodies and related hardware do not come with any screws.
I don't have a 3d printer either. I got the files and then put an order in to shape ways to print the files.

I figured as much on the hardware. I'll just spend a little time on KNK's site getting what I need. Thankfully I have my 10.3 manual to help.

hezzdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 09:15 PM   #43

Man that’s sharp! I was noticing the scale lug nuts. They look so much better with those wheels. I have a set of OMFs and they look too long on those. I have the SCX10III JLU body on my VS410 pro. It turned out really nice. I just have to install the inner fenders. The last one just finished printing a few minutes ago. Once I get those on there I plan to post up some photos!

Rob
xrecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 06:32 AM   #44
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrecar View Post
Man that’s sharp! I was noticing the scale lug nuts. They look so much better with those wheels. I have a set of OMFs and they look too long on those. I have the SCX10III JLU body on my VS410 pro. It turned out really nice. I just have to install the inner fenders. The last one just finished printing a few minutes ago. Once I get those on there I plan to post up some photos!

Rob
Looking forward to the pics! I have the stl files from Knights Customs for the inner fenders but when I uploaded them to shapeways to get printed it was pretty pricey!! Hopefully I can get away with trimming down the lexan ones in the vs10 kit.

Old 08-08-2020, 11:43 AM   #45
Pebble Pounder

Made a little progress, just waiting on the hardware I ordered from KNK to show up and I can start adding the details.

Old 08-08-2020, 04:50 PM   #46
Go Buckeyes!

JLU body looks great!

These bodies look so good on the VS4 chassis! I’ve been thinking about getting on for my Pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 06:35 PM   #47
Pebble Pounder

Making a little more headway on my VS410 JLUltra. Some more body details done. I'm currently putting on the 3d printed door hinges, hood hinges, rear hatch and swing out door hinges. Yes those are tiny little screws that require a jewlers screwdriver. They are miserable! But I think the juice is worth the squeeze.

Old 08-11-2020, 07:51 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Definitely looks good with the silver on black!
Lashlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 06:32 PM   #49
Pebble Pounder

Not a lot of progress to report. My knights customs body mounts and sliders are being held captive in the mail locker at the end of the street (stupid story here)

I finished all the hinges and most of the body details. Mounted the front bumper and mini 9.5cti winch, still waiting on fairlead to show up. USPS lost my interior and driver and won't admit to it, only saying it's delayed when 5 orders I've placed with amain after that order are here. This is a cursed build I swear!

Anyway, the Mytrickrc lightning kit arrived, along with some c pillar lights from RC4WD, and some real headlight lenses (those headlight stickers are making me twitch!)

Old 08-21-2020, 07:21 AM   #50
Pebble Pounder

Headlight lenses and pillar lights installed. Also got the headlight LEDs and the halo lights installed behind the headlight lenses. That was a super tight fit getting all of that in there.

Old 08-21-2020, 09:18 AM   #51
Go Buckeyes!

Them hinges look great! Maybe I missed it, but where did you get them?

Also, I like the pillar lights. Is there a kit that can be bought or are these homemade?
Old 08-21-2020, 11:39 AM   #52
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Them hinges look great! Maybe I missed it, but where did you get them?

Also, I like the pillar lights. Is there a kit that can be bought or are these homemade?
The hinges I picked up off eBay. If you search scx10 iii you should run across them.

The pillar lights are from RC4WD.

I really like the look of the hinges, and also the headlight lenses. Not sure why axial went with stickers, when they added so many other scale features on this body.

Old 08-21-2020, 02:37 PM   #53
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hezzdown View Post
The hinges I picked up off eBay. If you search scx10 iii you should run across them.

The pillar lights are from RC4WD.

I really like the look of the hinges, and also the headlight lenses. Not sure why axial went with stickers, when they added so many other scale features on this body.

Hey, thanks for the info! Got the hinges ordered!

Yeah them headlight lenses look awesome! Way better then decals! I’ll have to look at picking up some of them lenses!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2020, 05:32 PM   #54
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Hey, thanks for the info! Got the hinges ordered!

Yeah them headlight lenses look awesome! Way better then decals! I’ll have to look at picking up some of them lenses!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Glad you found the hinges! Don't curse me when you install them! It definitely a 3 beer job LOL!

Old 08-21-2020, 07:00 PM   #55
Rock Crawler

Bruh, that looks so good!

Lou
TK421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 09:00 PM   #56
Pebble Pounder

I snatched the gray wheels off my SCX10 III, what you say? The black or these? I'm personally leaning towards the gray.

Old 08-22-2020, 05:41 PM   #57
Quarry Creeper

I vote for the grey. Allows the details to show more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RCBrutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 07:53 PM   #58
Pebble Pounder

So I finally got some parts in. The fairlead for the winch, my shapeways order came except they shorted me my rear body mounts, so I only got sliders and front body mounts, bummer! Have an email in to them. And the 10.3 interior showed up miraculously! So I got a little bit to keep me going forward. Damn I wish I had the rear body mounts! That's going to determine my rear bumper! Got notification my inner fenders shipped from shapeways as well.

Old 08-25-2020, 06:18 AM   #59
Go Buckeyes!

I also vote for the gray Methods! They look great on there!

I received my hinges yesterday. I see what you mean about the screws. They are microscopic!
Old 08-25-2020, 07:07 AM   #60
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I also vote for the gray Methods! They look great on there!

I received my hinges yesterday. I see what you mean about the screws. They are microscopic!
Just a heads up on those screws, they give you only 1 extra screw for the entire kit! Don't drop one lol! More than once was I crawling around on the floor like an idiot.

The grey wheels are staying, I ordered up some CI foams and I will pull the Milestar tires off the grey wheels and put the BFG's on them. Then the black wheels and Milestars will go on the scx10.3.

My Ultra Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JackedDriver's R1 Build (non-specific purpose / just wanted a good build) JackedDriver G-Made Crawlers 12 01-12-2016 07:59 PM
scx10 G6 2.2 Wroncho/Wrangler Build (AKA The Sleeping On The Couch Build) Irishchamp 2.2 Scale Rigs 45 10-09-2014 10:26 PM
~53 Willys 2010 Comp Rig Build~ RC4WD MOA Worminator Build~ 53 willys General Crawlers 108 11-28-2011 12:42 AM
RcBros LCC Build, Hi-Res pics & More Build!! RcBro Team Losi Comp Crawler 30 06-03-2009 07:26 PM
OMG!!! A super LVL 99 Ulta GEEK!! K_B Chit Chat 3 08-24-2007 09:00 AM