Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: VS410 Pro JLU Body

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2020, 03:29 PM   #1

Default VS410 Pro JLU Body

I've been following along with everyone for a while, but never actually posted any of my builds. In most cases, there were others who's builds covered everything I had done, so not much to contribute. Anyway, this time, I think I may have something of interest.
I have a VS410 Pro that I built some time back. I painted it up and I love the truck. Here is a photo right after I built it:

As part of the process, I also designed a mount for the Castle Mamba X for the VS410. Below is a photo of the early 3d printed prototype. You can also see some additional photos of the finished product in later photos:

Anyone who wants to grab the files and print that out can pick those up at : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3866875

Unfortunately, the color I ended up with didnt quite come out the way I imagined it, so although it looks good, I was never crazy about the paint. I was very interested in the new SCX10III because I happen to own a Wrangler JLU, so I decided to pick one of those up! After getting it, I starting thinking about how I probably would tend to favor the VS410 on runs, so I started looking into ways that I could make the JLU body work on the VS410. I was working on those plans when I found out that Knights Custom had already done the work for me. I was able to go this his page on MyMiniFactory and purchase the plans, so that is what I did! Later he even released the inner fenders for it, so I picked those up and 3d printed all the parts. The paint scheme was modeled after my 1:1 JLU, which is here:

And here are some photos of the build:

Overall, I am pretty happy with the outcome. I did have an issue with one of the mounts on the sliders breaking trying to get the screw tightened. As it turns out, it doesnt seem to make much difference due to the other mounting locations. I will probably try to print them again in the future in a more flexible plastic. I just need to make some changes to my printer so its a little more flexible on the plastics it will handle. If anyone has any questions, let me know!

Rob
xrecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2020, 05:53 PM   #2
Go Buckeyes!

Default Re: VS410 Pro JLU Body

Nice looking PRO!

Good looking JLU too!

I really like how well the JLU looks on the VS4 chassis. They look like they go together well. This is something I’ve been thinking about doing to my PRO. I’m glad to see Knight Customs has taken the hard work out of figuring out how to mount this body and offered 3D printable parts.

This is the first time I’ve seen the inner fenders and they look great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 06:27 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I dig it! I'm still plugging away at mine. Been working on the body when time permits, work has been a little insane lately.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
hezzdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 03:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Nice looking PRO!

Good looking JLU too!

I really like how well the JLU looks on the VS4 chassis. They look like they go together well. This is something I’ve been thinking about doing to my PRO. I’m glad to see Knight Customs has taken the hard work out of figuring out how to mount this body and offered 3D printable parts.

This is the first time I’ve seen the inner fenders and they look great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks! I really like how it turned out as well. I really couldn't ask for much more out of it. The inner fenders did work out great and fit perfectly. They do eat up quite a bit of time and material for support when printing, but I tried a new "beta" feature in the splicing software that creates a tree like support and that saved a bit on the time and material, so it worked out great!

Rob
Old 08-12-2020, 03:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hezzdown View Post
I dig it! I'm still plugging away at mine. Been working on the body when time permits, work has been a little insane lately.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Yeah, it took me some time to get it done. I had been planning to work on it for days and there was always something going on that prevented it. So many projects, so little time!!
Old 08-12-2020, 03:41 PM   #6
Gold Star Baby!

Nice one. Digging those wheels too. Looks like a cool build.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 07:36 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Bad ass! I have a 10.3 and I just pulled the trigger on a pro chassis and vfd. The fenders look pretty good too. Thanks for sharing!

Lou
TK421 is offline   Reply With Quote

VS410 Pro JLU Body - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motor options for VS410 Pro natskiboy Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 27 12-30-2021 03:57 AM