Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: Special tools needed?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2021, 06:50 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Special tools needed?

Hey y’all. Picked up a vs4 10 ultra kit for super cheap by luck. Are there any special hexes or any other special tools for the build? I’ve got the normal stuff and think I read that it has the thin walled nut driver u need for the wheel hex. Just covering my bases before I start cutting open these bags. Thanks fer any advice. Never built a kit like this. Made it through about an hour and a half of Harleys live build so far.

Last edited by Clemsoncrawler; 01-10-2021 at 06:52 AM.
Clemsoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2021, 09:48 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Special tools needed?

Nothing special , all screws and nuts are metric , only a few screw of the body are wilwood .
FREEDOM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 01:12 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

the thin walled nut adaptor comes in the box too !
afrofroggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 08:52 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Congrats on the Ultra! It is a great kit....fun to build and fun to drive.

The only tool that I did not have for this build is an 8mm hex for the wheel nuts. I ended up purchasing the hex driver from Vanquish so I didn't have to use the adaptor.

Enjoy the build!
RCBrutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 11:03 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Putting together a parts list to buy a Pro here soon. I don't have any 1/4" driver bits for my small power driver. What is the most used size? 2mm or 2.5mm?
Sniper4370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 09:09 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper4370 View Post
Putting together a parts list to buy a Pro here soon. I don't have any 1/4" driver bits for my small power driver. What is the most used size? 2mm or 2.5mm?
The most used is the 2mm, but there are a good amount of 2.5mm in the Pro as well. I did a lot of swapping back and forth during my Pro build and used both sizes enough that I was glad to have my driver bits and not do all the tightening by hand.
RCBrutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 10:28 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBrutus View Post
The most used is the 2mm, but there are a good amount of 2.5mm in the Pro as well. I did a lot of swapping back and forth during my Pro build and used both sizes enough that I was glad to have my driver bits and not do all the tightening by hand.

Thanks for the reply. That's what I figured. Guess I will just order a set instead of a single bit.
Sniper4370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 09:06 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Kit was an awesome build. I did watch the VFD build video on Harley Designs’ channel. First transmission I’ve ever built and man is it sweet. I even got lucky with the shocks! Together away from all of my tools but my hex drivers and the new protek “Ttu torque” shock pliers, and amazingly no leakage. Beginners luck. I highly recommend this tool. I built the links for this kit in record time with it! Good price too.
Clemsoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote

Special tools needed? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what tools are needed to put the xr10 together? minnesotamudder Axial XR10 2 09-04-2010 05:42 AM
Just moved into an apartment...what tools are needed? ToTheMAXXcrawler Tools, and Procedures 13 04-30-2010 01:43 AM
recommendations on some tools needed edadmartin Newbie General 2 10-08-2009 05:16 AM