Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: New to vanquish/kits, could use advice on optional gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2021, 08:33 PM   #1

Default New to vanquish/kits, could use advice on optional gear

Hey y’all, so I’m about to bite the bullet and finally get a vs-410 pro. I’ve had only rtrs my whole Rc career and ever built a kit or picked electronics, so I’m a bit lost.

I’m going to blow most of my wad on the kit but I want decent (not top dollar) gear to go in it. I’m probably going to pick up a flysky radio, beyond that I’m lost (aside from just grabbing a 1080 and an amazon servo lol)

Could y’all toss me some suggestions? Thanks!
DavidVonDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2021, 09:19 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: New to vanquish/kits, could use advice on optional gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidVonDoom View Post
Hey y’all, so I’m about to bite the bullet and finally get a vs-410 pro. I’ve had only rtrs my whole Rc career and ever built a kit or picked electronics, so I’m a bit lost.

I’m going to blow most of my wad on the kit but I want decent (not top dollar) gear to go in it. I’m probably going to pick up a flysky radio, beyond that I’m lost (aside from just grabbing a 1080 and an amazon servo lol)

Could y’all toss me some suggestions? Thanks!
Hey DVD I can say that the build is going to be very smooth. Just take your time and don’t rush. It was the best build that I have ever done and I have done many kits since the RC10T days. If you have experience in putting upgrades or changing out parts on your RTRs you are going to be fine.

As for the running gear I chose to go simple on mine also. I used the HW1080 along with a Holmes Hobby motor and couldn’t be happier with the pair. As for a servo I would suggest getting something a little better than what you can get off Amazon. In the long run you are going to be happier but if you are still low on funds for a good servo get what you can and upgrade as needed.

I do have a build thread on here for my VS4 Pro. You should be able to get some ideas from there. Also started building a chassis kit for my son which I have a thread for that one also. If you get stuck always ask away in here you we can always help. Josh has several builds on YouTube also under Harley Designs which are complete build of the truc.

Side note are you from Florida?
carpetfuzz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 10:02 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetfuzz17 View Post

Side note are you from Florida?
I live there briefly when I was around 10, otherwise I’ve been in SC most of my life. Thanks for the advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-28-2021, 10:06 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidVonDoom View Post
I live there briefly when I was around 10, otherwise I’ve been in SC most of my life. Thanks for the advice!

Hey DVD your welcome. I thought maybe Florida as I have a good brother who lives in Summerville. I could have pointed you in his direction.
carpetfuzz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 11:20 PM   #5
RCC Addict

It’s hard to beat a 1080/Holmes motor combo in my opinion.

I’ve used the ecopower 120t in a couple rigs, no complaints there. Smooth, quiet and fast. Not a power house exactly, but definitely a step up from an Amazon special.

Loved my Holmes shv500v3 but got tired of the noise. Currently trying a protek 370tbl I got for a song, also smooth fairly quiet and very powerful. Not much run time on it yet though. And they are spendy new.
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 09:01 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I love my Pro, it is my go to rig. As others have mentioned, the build is super smooth and straight forward. One of the most enjoyable builds I have done in my RC career.

I run a Protek 370TBL servo, HW 1080 and a HH 35T TorqueMaster Pro in my rig. I have a thread in here on mine, likely you have been through it already.

The only upgrades I put in mine were the OD kit and new shocks. Everything else is stock and I have no plans to do any upgrades. Solid kit right out of the box.

Looking forward to hearing about your build experience!
RCBrutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 03:01 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Great kit. Best and smoothest I've ever done. Wraith Kit being the worst! Only thing I do not like is the damn leaky azz shocks. Green slime, plumbers tape... I've tried it all. Maybe some Krazy glue would be good as shock oil. Damn they suck.
el_Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 03:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_Fernando View Post
Great kit. Best and smoothest I've ever done. Wraith Kit being the worst! Only thing I do not like is the damn leaky azz shocks. Green slime, plumbers tape... I've tried it all. Maybe some Krazy glue would be good as shock oil. Damn they suck.

I’ve never met a shock that didn’t leak. And I’m an axial fan, so I worry when I don’t see oil…

New to vanquish/kits, could use advice on optional gear - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Optional Ratio Gear Sets Matt.k Axial AX-10 Scorpion 315 11-13-2016 12:58 AM
Question: Axial Optional Ratio Gear Sets JS412 Axial SCX-10 19 03-15-2011 06:08 PM
why cant i find optional gear threads? guapotaco Axial AX-10 Scorpion 1 01-11-2011 02:33 PM
Optional gear sets? treeafodo Axial AX-10 Scorpion 11 09-18-2009 07:21 PM