Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: The new Vs4-10 Phoenix portal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2021, 11:14 AM   #41
Rock Crawler

Default Re: The new Vs4-10 Phoenix portal

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxman View Post
My same thought here! Besides the cab, the entire body is way too tall. But I am sure a lot of people will just massively cut it up and lower it. Might help with overall proportions.
Mine is supposed to show up next week - will try to fit my J45C first thing :-)
Mine is supposed to be here next Wednesday. Post up some pics with the J45C body when you put it on.
easleycrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2021, 11:17 AM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Mine says Wednesday as well. And I sure will! I should take a day off work to build it right away -- LOL Nice side effect: It will free my Gspeed chassis for something different too - double win.
fxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 12:14 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

I was thinking one other factor for the plastic axles might be that they can knock out a bunch of them at a rate much faster than their CNC'd Aluminum axles. I bet they'll be able to keep up with demand for these kits much easier because of this. For those that have had to wait on a restock of VP parts (especially axles) you'll likely know the wait can be fairly long at times.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 12:20 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Man....and I just bought a Capra....I knew this would happen. Every time I finally break down and buy a rig, something new comes out.

I may retire the ol SCX10.2 XJ and get this kit to build this winter...

This looks really good and I think i would prefer the plastic housings over the aluminum
1fox2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 12:34 PM   #45
Rock Crawler

Fedex tracking says mine shows up tomorrow. Who wants the body and axles!?

EDIT: Axles are spoken for.

Last edited by DRED805; 10-21-2021 at 07:32 PM.
DRED805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 12:39 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRED805 View Post
Who wants the body and axles!?
RCBrutus might want the body

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBrutus View Post
I like the body, at least as much as I have looked at it so far. I wonder (and hope) it will be available separately down the road. I have a HH Sherpa build that is ongoing and may want to consider this body for that rig.
Old 10-21-2021, 01:22 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

ugh, all these new releases aren't helping my spending habits. I'm very very interested in this new kit, mainly for that new VFD. I wonder how long until we see a VFD Twin kit sold separate. Or maybe even the axles? These could make a pretty crazy build with a gspeed chassis. This on top of the SCX6 and new 10iii is really fighting me

I'm getting ahead of myself
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 01:26 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

Just got mine ordered from the LHS. Are the shift servos standard size? Can't find specs in the manual.

And any idea what offset on the wheel hubs will fit? Going to order some new wheels/tires as well.
terrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 01:30 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrible View Post
Just got mine ordered from the LHS. Are the shift servos standard size? Can't find specs in the manual.

And any idea what offset on the wheel hubs will fit? Going to order some new wheels/tires as well.
Yes, full size servos.

Do the stock plastic wheels have the VP hub? If so you could just take those off and move over to your new ones if you keep VP wheels.
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 01:35 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
Do the stock plastic wheels have the VP hub? If so you could just take those off and move over to your new ones if you keep VP wheels.
Its an Incision hub which has a different hole spacing. At least the Pro wheels had those and Josh did say the wheels are the same design with a new face.
Old 10-21-2021, 01:56 PM   #51
Slow is the new Fast

My order is in
smog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 02:14 PM   #52
Rock Crawler

Quote:

You can use low profile servos.
Old 10-21-2021, 02:18 PM   #53
Pebble Pounder

Yup ImthatGuy talked me into this kit from SBG! Been wanting a VP rig since they came out with there transmission. Can't wait! Mine should be here next weds.
Z0MB13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 02:29 PM   #54
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z0MB13 View Post
Yup ImthatGuy talked me into this kit from SBG! Been wanting a VP rig since they came out with there transmission. Can't wait! Mine should be here next weds.
Yup, that b@st@rd got me too. Tracking estimates I get mine next Wednesday. I went Fedups as the USPS has been flaking pretty bad lately.

Note to those saying the body is too tall. Matt with SBG put it next to the TRX4 Bronco on his Livestream and they're about the same height. I dig the body, something different for a change. Going to see how my power wagon body sits on it too though. I am thinking the PW will have a tighter taper on the hood area but we'll see.

Now to decide what to motor it with.......

Last edited by TexasSP; 10-21-2021 at 02:49 PM.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 02:33 PM   #55
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
Yup, that b@st@rd got me too. Tracking estimates I get mine next Wednesday. I went Fedups as the USPS has been flaking pretty bad lately.

Notw to those saying the body is too tall. Matt with SBG put it next to the TRX4 Bronco on his Livestream and they're about the same height. I dig the body, something different for a change. Going to see how my power wagon body sits on it too though. I am thinking the PW will have a tighter taper on the hood area but we'll see.

Already got my colors picked out and a set of wheels and tires on the way, along with new foams.
Old 10-21-2021, 04:05 PM   #56
Rock Crawler

With so many options for drive modes (dig and OD) what transmitter is everyone going to use? Currently I use a futaba 4PV. If I wanted to use a winch I'm out of channels.
terrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 04:13 PM   #57
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post

Note to those saying the body is too tall. Matt with SBG put it next to the TRX4 Bronco on his Livestream and they're about the same height. I dig the body, something different for a change. Going to see how my power wagon body sits on it too though. I am thinking the PW will have a tighter taper on the hood area but we'll see.

Ya the electronics on this little beast is what is going to be a tough choice for sure!
Z0MB13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 04:20 PM   #58
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
With so many options for drive modes (dig and OD) what transmitter is everyone going to use? Currently I use a futaba 4PV. If I wanted to use a winch I'm out of channels.
I have the Spektrum dx5 rugged. Will use that, I have a handful of trucks with a bind to it. This will be my first time running a dig unit, but I can't imagine any issues
smog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 04:26 PM   #59
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
I have the Spektrum dx5 rugged. Will use that, I have a handful of trucks with a bind to it. This will be my first time running a dig unit, but I can't imagine any issues
How do you like the dx5 rugged? I'm considering picking it up, seems reasonably priced for a 5 channel.
Old 10-21-2021, 04:45 PM   #60
RCC Addict

The fomo is real in here, i feel left out!

Smart on their end to have the kits ready for purchase on the release date. I know I wanted the trx4 2021 bronco and the 10.3 early bronco when they were both released, but talked myself out of it after waiting a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote

The new Vs4-10 Phoenix portal - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brandon's VS4-10 Rear Portal Yota Build Brandon Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 61 04-03-2020 12:21 PM
New to Phoenix LexieVW Arizona 2 03-27-2011 07:40 PM
Arizona, Phoenix, PARC (Phoenix Arizona Rock Crawlers) kevinlongisland Competition Results 5 12-18-2005 03:20 PM
Phoenix get together 9/4/05 yodasands Arizona 8 09-03-2005 05:53 PM