Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: B-MOW's BF VP Bundle Build - VS4-10 Style

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2022, 12:39 PM   #21
Go Buckeyes!

Default Re: B-MOW's BF VP Bundle Build - VS4-10 Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoColton View Post
Dang. Was really hoping the Fusion Pro would fit without much struggle.
I have one in an element chassis. Love it. Makes a lot of sense in this VP chassis, where space is at a premium.

Actually it’s not much of a hassle. Just a little sanding and sniping. It’ll be well worth the effort to have the PRO in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2022, 12:52 AM   #22
Rock Crawler

Thats detailed photos ,i love to view that threads , to much work on your garage hehehehehe so nice , loving that
FREEDOM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 06:44 PM   #23
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREEDOM83 View Post
Thats detailed photos ,i love to view that threads , to much work on your garage hehehehehe so nice , loving that
Thanks FREEDOM!
Old 11-17-2022, 08:03 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

I watching this thread closely. Already seeing things that would be my build plan. Not to mention just loving watching your builds!

Told my wife I wanted this builders kit or a trx4 builders kit for christmas. If I know my wife she probably ordered the this lol.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Last edited by tigris99; 11-17-2022 at 08:22 PM.
tigris99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 06:31 AM   #25
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
I watching this thread closely. Already seeing things that would be my build plan. Not to mention just loving watching your builds!

Told my wife I wanted this builders kit or a trx4 builders kit for christmas. If I know my wife she probably ordered the this lol.

Thanks man, appreciate!

That's cool! I'd keep dropping hints to your wife for this VP kit!

The wheels in my head have been turning this morning after doing a quick web search!
Decided to take this build in another direction so it's NOT a twin to my Phoenix portal! Going to get parts ordered soon!
Old 11-18-2022, 09:31 AM   #26
Go Buckeyes!

So as I mentioned in the previous post, I've decided go a different route with this build. I already have a stock Phoenix Portal (as seen here: B-MOW's VS4-10 Phoenix Portal) which is an awesome rig, but I didn't want to make a carbon copy of it.

So this morning I placed an order for a new set of chassis rails and accessories. I'm hoping to receive the order before the long holiday weekend next week. I've got a much needed 4 days off next weekend and would love to spend them days in my happy place aka: hobby room/work bench!

More to follow hopefully soon!
Old 11-18-2022, 05:12 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Brian, nice build so far I noticed you're using JX brand servos for the dig + overdrive. If like me you like to save hobby $$$, you might want to check out their 35 dollar CLS5830HV model that's rated 30kg @ 8.4v. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think they are the same servos sold as the Eco Power WP120T for 70 bucks on Amain https://www.amainhobbies.com/ecopowe...p-120t/p734714

I have both and other than the color of the case and labels can't tell the difference. They are both speedy and powerful.
JimInMiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 05:51 AM   #28
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimInMiami View Post
Brian, nice build so far I noticed you're using JX brand servos for the dig + overdrive. If like me you like to save hobby $$$, you might want to check out their 35 dollar CLS5830HV model that's rated 30kg @ 8.4v. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think they are the same servos sold as the Eco Power WP120T for 70 bucks on Amain https://www.amainhobbies.com/ecopowe...p-120t/p734714

I have both and other than the color of the case and labels can't tell the difference. They are both speedy and powerful.
Thanks Jim!

I picked up these JX servos because they were only $15 bucks each. I figured I'd run them until they burnt up and then replace them with something better. I also went this route because they are a low profile servo.

I'll have to take a closer look at the servos you are using. Thanks for the tip!
Old 11-21-2022, 06:51 PM   #29
Go Buckeyes!

As mentioned in a previous episode, the direction of this build has changed. In the past I have purchased and used the Rock Pirates RC shock towers and battery tray for my GK-Ecto build (B-MOW's Element GK-Ecto-Knightrunner Build) and have been debating on in the future getting their Interceptor chassis rails to use in another build. Well the future is here and I received the RPRC rails today!

Much to my surprise, this order arrived today! I really wasn't expecting it until later this week. I placed the order last Friday and it showed up in my mailbox today (Monday). That is 3 days including the weekend from Claremont, CA to my mailbox in Mid-Ohio! That's crazy fast, but RPRC has always done me right on the shipping!

So I decided to do something a little different and try out the blue anodized aluminum chassis rails. I the past I've used a clear alum or stainless steel chassis rails on my previous builds. I wanted to add some color to this build. I've always been a fan of blue on black look and after seeing @twade984's VP Wheel of Fortune wheels, Black Bully wheels and blue beadlock rings, that sealed the deal!

Stay tuned for more in the near future. For now here's a look at what to expect!

Name:  IMG_0289.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  181.1 KB
Old 11-21-2022, 08:07 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Very cool Brian! This should be good

twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 06:20 AM   #31
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
Very cool Brian! This should be good

Thanks Tom!

Looking forward to starting on this tonight. Hoping to get most of it knocked out since I have a 4 day weekend starting at 3pm today!!!
Old 11-23-2022, 08:12 AM   #32
Rock Crawler

Ooo this took an Interceptor chassis rails route, nice! Making good progress.
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 04:10 PM   #33
RCC Addict

4 day weekend huh. We wanna see a roller by sunday evening lol.

Those blue rails are beautiful brian. Definantly lookin forward to see this rig come together
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 01:07 PM   #34
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
4 day weekend huh. We wanna see a roller by sunday evening lol.

Those blue rails are beautiful brian. Definantly lookin forward to see this rig come together
Thanks bama! Well having 4 days in a row off is kinda like owning a pickup truck. Once people find out you own a truck, they all want to either borrow it or have you come over to haul something!

Same thing goes for having multiple days off. Family had other plans for my time off and now I'm just getting to the workbench (Time: 3:05PM on Sunday!)!

Should have some updates later today!
Old 11-27-2022, 02:08 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Thanks bama! Well having 4 days in a row off is kinda like owning a pickup truck. Once people find out you own a truck, they all want to either borrow it or have you come over to haul something!

Same thing goes for having multiple days off. Family had other plans for my time off and now I'm just getting to the workbench (Time: 3:05PM on Sunday!)!

I feel this lol. Family and wife "we need to do this this and this". Like FFS!!!

That said got a good portion of our Xmas decorations up just gotta finish the new 10ft tree. Year 2 of starting over more or less (left most behind when we moved the 300 miles to here). We'll be the modern day Griswolds again in another year or so

tigris99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 02:28 PM   #36
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post

Oh, i understand how that goes brian. Family takes priority for sure. Hope to get a chance to make the 500 mi trip north to see my family soon. Havent been up since gpa passed in 2018
Old 11-27-2022, 03:43 PM   #37
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
I feel this lol. Family and wife "we need to do this this and this". Like FFS!!!

That said got a good portion of our Xmas decorations up just gotta finish the new 10ft tree. Year 2 of starting over more or less (left most behind when we moved the 300 miles to here). We'll be the modern day Griswolds again in another year or so

Hey nice lights! Looks complete seeing that Grogu is there all lit up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Oh, i understand how that goes brian. Family takes priority for sure. Hope to get a chance to make the 500 mi trip north to see my family soon. Havent been up since gpa passed in 2018
I hear ya. Hopefully you can make the trip sooner than later! The time seems to fly by way to quick as we get older!
Old 11-27-2022, 04:02 PM   #38
Go Buckeyes!

First update of the night. Snagged a bag of Team KNK Hardware for the Phoenix. My stock of stainless screws was running low so figured I get this to replace the ones I've used so far.

Name:  IMG_0326.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  180.4 KB

For the time being until I can replace them with something beefier, I'm using the servo mount, front & rear bumper mounts that were spare out of my Gatekeeper Builders Kit. Also used a stock black rear Element cross member brace to secure the rear of the chassis.

Name:  IMG_0327.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  178.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0328.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  177.5 KB

Had to do some whittling on the servo mount so that I could put a locknut on to secure the stock RPRC panhard mount.

Name:  IMG_0329.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  176.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0330.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  165.5 KB

Had to widen the outermost holes in the chassis rails a bit. The holes were off just enough that they would not line up with the VFD Twin skid plate.

Name:  IMG_0331.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  177.5 KB

More soon!
Old 11-27-2022, 05:52 PM   #39
Go Buckeyes!

Update #2 for tonight. Front and rear F10 Portal axle swapped over from the stock VP chassis to RPRC chassis. Looks like an easy process, but the front axle caused a ton of grief! The rear axle installed easy peasy! All of the titanium upper and lower links are a direct swap with no adjustment needed.

Name:  IMG_0340.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  178.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0341.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  179.9 KB

Most of the frustration on installing the front axle was the clearance for the servo horn and panhard link at the panhard mount. I always run a VP 20mm servo horn on all of my VP rigs with no problem. In fact, VP recommends the 20mm for the steering servo horn. Not the case for this though. I could not get enough throw out of the servo to the left without running into the panhard mount on the chassis. To get the throw needed to turn left, a 24mm long servo is needed.

At the moment I do not have any VP 24mm horns in my stock so I had to use an Amazon special that came with a cheapy servo I've purchased in the past. It gives the right amount of throw, but it wouldn't clear the Element servo plate or chassis rails. As seen below, I has to grind, cut and file to give enough clearance for full steer left and right. Not pretty, but It'll do for now!

Forgot to mention and add a pic, but I had to add 3mm spacers under the 3Bros servo to space it up so that the servo horn was high enough to clear the panhard mount at full left steer.

Name:  IMG_0343.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  122.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0344.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  90.1 KB

Onto the panhard link. It was coming in contact with the big a$$ servo horn when under full compression. I had a spare Traxxas TRX-4 bent rod end in my spare parts bin. Installed and it gave just enough drop to clear the servo horn.

Name:  IMG_0345.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  123.5 KB

I had to use an SSD 4mm rod end spacer to each of the panhard link and steering link to shift the axle over to the passenger side. The axle was slightly shifted to the driver side with the stock link setup. By adding the SSD spacers, the axle sits dead center under the chassis rails at ride height.

Name:  IMG_0346.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  122.5 KB

And here's a few front and rear pics.

Name:  IMG_0347.jpg
Size:  174.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0348(Edited).jpg
Views: 472
Size:  175.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0349.jpg
Size:  164.3 KB

More on the way shortly!
Old 11-27-2022, 07:27 PM   #40
RCC Addict

Lookin good brian! Those RPRC rails look really good, purdy shade of blue. The panhard mount having to have a locknut on one screw was a bit disappointing to me. Have to take the whole thing apart if u ever need to get to it for any reason. A buddy has a GK n the nut came loose on him on the trail. We ended up takin half the chassis loose to fix it.

Cant wait to see more progress

B-MOW's BF VP Bundle Build - VS4-10 Style - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
B-MOW's GSPEED V1-C1 Mojave Class 1 Build B-MOW71 1.9 Scale Rigs 148 03-12-2024 09:46 AM
B-MOW's VS4-10 Phoenix Portal B-MOW71 Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 159 12-30-2023 12:28 PM
B-MOW's Element GK-Ecto-Knightrunner Build B-MOW71 Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 210 11-24-2023 04:40 PM
B-MOW's VS4-10 Origin Limited B-MOW71 Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 40 09-15-2023 06:18 AM
B-MOW's GSPEED V3 VS4-10 Origin VFD Build B-MOW71 1.9 Scale Rigs 99 07-06-2021 09:22 AM